79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by 79S
I bet that Indian Pawn [color:#FF0000][/color]Shop sees some interesting stuff come through the doors when the natives are running low on fire water...

What do your pawn shops get when you cracker asses run low on cash for slim Jim's and cigarettes?

Fine jewelry, guns, big screen TV's... All stolen from the rich neighborhoods... grin

Cracker asses?

Just what race are you? Since you brought race into this discussion...

Whatever you may think, you are wrong. I'm not making assumptions.

I KNOW.

Besides being married to a Native American, I lived next to enough of them on the rez to see and know what they do.

I've personally seen them run over like deer while passed out or crawling across highways while drunk.

I've seen them in the supermarket loading grocery baskets with beer and liquor at 6:30 am...

If you can point out which Indian nations don't have a problem with fire water, I'll happily listen.

Hey I'm half black half Chinese I enjoy bbq ribs and fried rice.. I have no idea what it's like on a rez

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
GB1

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by 79S
I bet that Indian Pawn [color:#FF0000][/color]Shop sees some interesting stuff come through the doors when the natives are running low on fire water...

What do your pawn shops get when you cracker asses run low on cash for slim Jim's and cigarettes?

Fine jewelry, guns, big screen TV's... All stolen from the rich neighborhoods... grin

Cracker asses?

Just what race are you? Since you brought race into this discussion...

Whatever you may think, you are wrong. I'm not making assumptions.

I KNOW.

Besides being married to a Native American, I lived next to enough of them on the rez to see and know what they do.

I've personally seen them run over like deer while passed out or crawling across highways while drunk.

I've seen them in the supermarket loading grocery baskets with beer and liquor at 6:30 am...

If you can point out which Indian nations don't have a problem with fire water, I'll happily listen.

Why do you call them Indians?

Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by pal
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
...Sure beat the heck out of being at home all summer.....

And you didn't need to go to the gym.

From the waist down anyhow....

I injured a rotator cuff five days before departure, I dunno that 1,100 miles on a bicycle is a recommended cure, still hurts every evening.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
The Birdman may have a 'Style' that differs, but very few deserve to be called a liar anonymously. That defines a cheap shot.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 79S

Because I'm not concerned with being PC. ?

As a youngster we played Cowboys and Indians.

Not Bovine Industry Professionals and Incensed Disingenuous People.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B2

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by lvmiker
The Birdman may have a 'Style' that differs, but very few deserve to be called a liar anonymously. That defines a cheap shot.

mike r

He's the one that said he was a liar not me.. all I said was he will tell his students he road his huffy to Montana.. did he not ride his bike to Montana? Last I looked riding a bike from Wyoming to Montana is riding* a bike to Montana..

Last edited by 79S; 07/26/19.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Great pictures and enjoy the rest of the trip!

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by 79S

funny, as a kid i had a lot of kids in my class that called themselves apache, although the learned white guys say they are actually part of a different ethnic group. My house is still near the main entrance to the rez. I don't evern remember calling them indians per se, or apache for that matter. They did use english names.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana

'Tis a common thing to project one's self-loathing onto others.

But anyways..... this just in. Me, a Park Ranger and a guy from Hardin in the parking lot at the LBH that morning taken by my former Campfire Regular friend, a very accomplished marksman in his own right.

August company; the Park Ranger had been on a History Network program firing a Trapdoor Springfield against a Henry. The guy in the t-shirt had placed third in the National Quigley Competition (dunno the exact name). I'm the guy in the funny hat.

[Linked Image]

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by RoninPhx

funny, as a kid i had a lot of kids in my class that called themselves apache, although the learned white guys say they are actually part of a different ethnic group. My house is still near the main entrance to the rez. I don't evern remember calling them indians per se, or apache for that matter. They did use english names.

Mostly I hear the call themselves "The People".

Or by their tribe...

Athapaskan. Or Mescalero.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 79S

Oh crap! Someone needs to bring the Crows up to speed grin

http://www.crow-nsn.gov/

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Birdman post a pic of your rig. Ive been going thru the thread off and on and haven't seen one.

The Neighbor, ex-Sheriff is a Cross Country biker as well. Nice setup with all the panniers front and back. Usually gone every summer but decided to tear down and rebuild his garage this summer instead,

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

'Tis a common thing to project one's self-loathing onto others.

But anyways..... The guy in the t-shirt had placed third in the National Quigley Competition (dunno the exact name). I'm the guy in the funny hat.

[Linked Image]

Ph uck I don't know maybe it's on the guys t-shirt.. sincerely self loathing from Alaska

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by FatCity67
Birdman post a pic of your rig. Ive been going thru the thread off and on and haven't seen one.

Here it was in Ireland three years back, ain't changed since then.

[Linked Image]

An '89 Schwinn Voyageur steel-frame touring bike, everything switched out except the frame, front and rear deraillieurs and the downtube friction shifters.

'Nother pic, NY State in 2014....

[Linked Image]

I don't believe its possible to have a TOO low gear, 44,32,22 chainrings in front, 12-36 cassette in back.

[Linked Image]

Prior to this last trip I switched the worn out (aluminum tubes get abraded over time) front and rear racks with the equivalent Tubus racks, a minor detail. And ever since Coach Popovitch started trashing President Trump I had to ditch the Spurs coozie.

If I were looking to replace this bike I'd look no further than a Surly Long Haul Trucker, 26" wheels, maybe disk brakes.

https://surlybikes.com/bikes/long_haul_trucker

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

[Linked Image]

An '89 Schwinn Voyageur steel-frame touring bike, everything switched out except the frame, front and rear deraillieurs and the downtube friction shifters.

[Linked Image]

I don't believe its possible to have a TOO low gear, 44,32,22 chainrings in front, 12-36 cassette in back.

[Linked Image]

Prior to this last trip I switched the worn out (aluminum tubes get abraded over time) front and rear racks with the equivalent Tubus racks, a minor detail.

If I were looking to replace this bike I'd look no further than a Surly Long Haul Trucker, 26" wheels, maybe disk brakes.

Hot water heater or new bike, Hot water heater or new bike.....

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana

Hot water heater or new bike, Hot water heater or new bike.....

This a serious question?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 79S

Hey I'm half black half Chinese I enjoy bbq ribs and fried rice.. I have no idea what it's like on a rez

Tommy Chong ????

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Very cool. The neighbor has ridden from sea to shining sea and back home again in one summer. Although he is an Ironman Athlete the competes in Hawaii every so often. His bags are all brown and you can barely see the tires. Not sure what Bike he rides now ill have to go ask.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Prior to this last trip I switched the worn out (aluminum tubes get abraded over time) front and rear racks with the equivalent Tubus racks, a minor detail. And ever since Coach Popovitch started trashing President Trump I had to ditch the Spurs coozie.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
.. sincerely self loathing from Alaska.

I have been told many times... among the biggest problems on the Rez is others tearing ya down every time ya get ahead, which is a big part of the reason so many have to leave.

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
.. sincerely self loathing from Alaska.

I have been told many times... among the biggest problems on the Rez is others tearing ya down every time ya get ahead, which is a big part of the reason so many have to leave.

So you left the rez when you were younger to get ahead? I'm sorry you had to leave your people

Page 44 of 49 1 2 42 43 44 45 46 48 49

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

633 members (06hunter59, 12344mag, 16gage, 10gaugemag, 160user, 12savage, 60 invisible), 2,865 guests, and 1,308 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,644
Posts18,512,374
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.