-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You would need to have a legitimate need to have the shotgun, hunting, competition. There are restrictions on barrel length and over all length. Restrictions most severe on semi automatic shotguns and rifles.
Gun cannot have chamber or magazine loaded in vehicle.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Ill ask again , Is there less restriction on a double barrel of pump shotgun or not?

you did use handguns as the worse case example of 'strict rules', yes?

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by AB2506
Good news Chilin and others, 99% of Canada is safe and you don't need to pack heat. However, if you want to find trouble, you can.

I'll bet those two young adults that were killed weren't looking for trouble.
I'm with Chlinstructor - if I can't carry at least a handgun into Canada for protection in the backwoods, I won't be seeing any of it.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
I’d love to see certain parts of Canada. Guess I never will since I can’t carry my pistol there.

I'm with you. Not just Canada either, but any state here that doesn't allow me to carry.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
You would need to have a legitimate need to have the shotgun, hunting, competition. There are restrictions on barrel length and over all length. Restrictions most severe on semi automatic shotguns and rifles.

Country with 1/10 the population of the US with a larger land mass and the citizens cannot even protect themselves. Someone is stuck on stupid up there.

IC B2

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
I'm not so nervous that I need to be able to carry a handgun in order to go anywhere. If I felt that circumstances warranted it though, I would have it. Some of you who are bleating away about the difficulty of taking firearms into Canada, look into what a Canadian has to do to take firearms into the US for a rifle match or to go hunting. In the end, I don't think Canada is too diminished if some people are afraid to visit. GD

E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by greydog
I'm not so nervous that I need to be able to carry a handgun in order to go anywhere. If I felt that circumstances warranted it though, I would have it. Some of you who are bleating away about the difficulty of taking firearms into Canada, look into what a Canadian has to do to take firearms into the US for a rifle match or to go hunting. In the end, I don't think Canada is too diminished if some people are afraid to visit. GD

Until you need to have one.

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
So the suspects have fled into the wilderness, with hundreds of cops on their trail. It is Rambo all over again.
Ironically, these guys are from Vancouver, Rambo was filmed in Vancouver.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
So the suspects have fled into the wilderness, with hundreds of cops on their trail. It is Rambo all over again.

Sounds like they want their 5 minutes of Fame..probably posting to Facebook

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You would need to have a legitimate need to have the shotgun, hunting, competition.
There are restrictions on barrel length and over all length. Restrictions most severe on semi automatic shotguns and rifles.

http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cfp-pcaf/faq/index-eng.htm#a3

http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cfp-pcaf/fs-fd/storage-entreposage-eng.htm

A semi-auto with barrel length no less than 18.5", is still in the unrestricted category.

Transport regulation requirements for such a rifle or shotgun is simply a matter of having it unloaded and placing it in your vehicle,
most preferably out of sight...So if you have a pick-up, you can keep it relatively handy right behind your seat.

(storing the unrestricted class weapon in ones unattended vehicle requires more securing)

Non-restricted firearms = are ordinary rifles and shotguns, other than those referred to below.

Restricted firearms include = handguns that are not prohibited;
semi-automatic, centre-fire rifles and shotguns with a barrel shorter than 470 mm;
rifles and shotguns that can be fired when their overall length has been reduced by folding,
telescoping or other means to less than 660 mm;

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

I wonder what wilderness skills, if any, these guys may have. Its rough out there.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter

simonkenton7;
Good evening to you sir, I trust the day was a good one in your area and this finds you well.

If I may offer a point of information/order here - the original Rambo was filmed in Hope,BC, a reasonably small town at the bottom of the confluence of the Fraser and Coquihalla River Canyons. It's the first town one hits when one is crossing over the mountains to head into what is known as The Lower Mainland, but it's no more Vancouver than Marchall is the same as Greensboro - or Winston-Salem for that matter either. wink

The two boys are from Port Alberni, which is a small fishing/logging sorta half way in the middle of Vancouver Island, but which is the tail end of the Alberni Canal which leads out to the west coast. The fishing used to be spectacular there and can still be very, very good so the neighbors who moor their boat there tell me.

Anyway, just a geographical point and nothing more sir, hopefully it's received in the spirit it's offered.

All the best to you folks as we head into the fall.

Dwayne

Last edited by BC30cal; 07/26/19. Reason: added for clarity - hopefully

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Less restrictions

Than handguns

Last edited by Lorne; 07/26/19.
S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
Well, Hope is about 100 air miles from Vancouver, not too far.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
Well here's hoping they can catch the two before they can cause any more mayhem.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It's being spun that they have ties to "far-right social media pages".

https://www.rollingstone.com/cultur...murder-canada-hitler-putin-trump-863932/

Social media accounts associated with two Canadian teenagers have been found to contain hints of far-right and white supremacist radicalization

though he denied that his son was obsessed with Nazism and said instead his son was a fan of Presidents Vladimir Putin and Donald Trump.

Remember why, specifically, the Bill of Rights was written...remember its purpose. It was written to limit the power of government over the individual.

There is no believing a liar, even when he speaks the truth.
S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
It is just like Rambo! They have called out the national guard. Or, at least, they have called out the Air Force to help.

https://winnipeg.ctvnews.ca/video?playlistId=1.4522656

Are these two in the woods, or have they hit the road?

R
Roc Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
R
The Mad Trapper made it six weeks before the mounties shot him.
Doubt these boys can do better than that.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

594 members (10gaugemag, 1lessdog, 10Glocks, 1badf350, 1Longbow, 1beaver_shooter, 64 invisible), 2,649 guests, and 1,308 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,515
Posts18,509,546
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.