Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by tndrbstr
Better than theses!
[Linked Image]

[/quote]

You did a right fine job in training them to lay so still for a pic........

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
GB4

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by horse1
Better than theses!
[Linked Image]

laffin...
Somebody did!

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Better than theses!
[Linked Image]

laffin...
Somebody did!

They don't look beat up....what's the story with those?

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by tomk
She took a cool pic. Small one or big one?

My wife freaks over snakes in general.

We been at our place for over 40 years and yesterday I saw my first puff adder ever. Crossing the driveway he put on a good show when I got close, then resorted to rolling over, puking up three frogs and playing dead. In a few minutes he was back in the jungle...borders the "yard".

This used to be blue racer central and black snakes too, but now we seldom see them.

Estimated at about 3 feet.

You're Welcome At My Fire Anytime

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Huntz
Thats a pine snake.Good mousers.

Sent the photo to a local retired Wisconsin DNR Biologist and she confirmed that it was a Bull snake. The give away was not only the pattern, but the three segments looks like it is three snakes.

You're Welcome At My Fire Anytime

IC B2

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by Nebraska
Better than theses!
[Linked Image]

laffin...
Somebody did!

They don't look beat up....what's the story with those?

I don't know about those, I just grabbed the pic from another site.
When I was younger we used to grab them by the tail real quick and whip them like a bull whip and it would kill them instantly with no sign of trauma. Have killed em by smacking them right behind the head with a thin switch, that will generally kill em without breaking the skin too.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
All I see is a bunch of hatbands and grips........

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by MOGC
We been at our place for over 40 years and yesterday I saw my first puff adder ever.

Puff Adder? Do you have a summer home in Africa?

LOL... I have most often heard Hognose snakes called either Puff Adder or Puff Viper by my fellow Ozark hillbillies. Especially older folks. We have Eastern Hognose here and if you use that to name the snake the hillbillies think you're getting mighty uppity. About the same for the Eastern Collared Lizard that are found on the rocky glades of the Ozarks. Old timers call them "Glade Bitches!" The Eastern Collared Lizard when scared will stand on its hind legs and run upright. It is an eye opener to the uninitiated hiking city folks that have never had a Glade Bitch run at them before. : )

Interesting! Eastern Collared Lizards are often referred to as "Mountain Boomers" in my portion of the Ozarks...

X-VERMINATOR

Sooner or later our heritage of hunting is going to be a rich mans sport and the words "Outfitter" and "Hunt Industry" will be synonymous with cancer and A.I.D.S. among blue collar hunters like me and my family! (A.L. Williams - 2010)
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Better than theses!
[Linked Image]

[/quote]

I don’t see any bullet holes or shovel marks. I assume they’re dead and not sleeping?

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Eastern or Western Hognose is the highflutin name, Puff Adder or Puff Viper for the show they put on, no doubt--like a cobra imitation with the flared hood. I remember seeing them as a kid but don't recall if it was in Indiana or Michigan.

He really put on the dog before rolling over to play dead. Must have something in common with possums...

Roundoak--that is a cool looking snake with the three patterns. I don't think Michigan has those. I used to see both blue racers and black snakes pretty regularly but of late they are pretty scarce.

Bobby Tomek gave me a rundown on Texas Copperheads--they won't be missed here...:)

Defend the Constitution
IC B3

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
I have heard that copperheads smell like cucumbers. Is that true?
Canadian Whitefish freshly dressed and packed in ice certainly do.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by roundoak
Bull snakes or Gopher snakes are welcome around our farms.

I never harm these guys and am glad they thrive here. They help keep the gophers and mice populations in check. I often have to grab one by the tail and take it back outside. They find ways to get into the house, and the wife isn't all warm and fuzzy about that.

Best leave them alone. They're your friend.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I have a Bullsnake that lives near my shed that is huge and slow, nobody causes him any trouble and he reciprocates. Been around at least 6 years now. Find sheds inside among the tools

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
This past spring I was pulling our old air drill along the edge of a field when I see good sized bull snake up ahead trying to make it into the grass. He wasn't gonna get there in time so I slowed up and swung the drill the away. Made a quick loop back into line and carried on.

I like to think that the snake was thankful.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
I is a snake killing fool now.

Sunsabitches.

I am MAGA.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
They eat your rabbit eggs?

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Hahaha!

They got no respect!

I used to give em a pass...unless they were in the house. Sometimes they are in the house.....

That was before the kid got bit on the boot by a rattle snake.

We shoots first and ask no questions.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by xverminator
Originally Posted by MOGC
We been at our place for over 40 years and yesterday I saw my first puff adder ever.

Puff Adder? Do you have a summer home in Africa?

LOL... I have most often heard Hognose snakes called either Puff Adder or Puff Viper by my fellow Ozark hillbillies. Especially older folks. We have Eastern Hognose here and if you use that to name the snake the hillbillies think you're getting mighty uppity. About the same for the Eastern Collared Lizard that are found on the rocky glades of the Ozarks. Old timers call them "Glade Bitches!" The Eastern Collared Lizard when scared will stand on its hind legs and run upright. It is an eye opener to the uninitiated hiking city folks that have never had a Glade Bitch run at them before. : )

Interesting! Eastern Collared Lizards are often referred to as "Mountain Boomers" in my portion of the Ozarks...

X-VERMINATOR

Yeah, I've heard them called the same here also. I guess the more polite use the Boomer moniker.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
That's what you get for living out in the sticks you damn hillbilly!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by kkahmann
I have heard that copperheads smell like cucumbers. Is that true?
Canadian Whitefish freshly dressed and packed in ice certainly do.

I've always heard that. Never noticed any particular smell in my experience. I worked for the Missouri Dept. of Natural Resources straight out of college as a Naturalist and kept some snakes at my park for various programs with campers, visitors and local groups. In the venomous department I had a decent size copperhead, a 5' timber rattlesnake and a cottonmouth moccasin. The copperhead was a very good eater and his strike on a mouse was quite fast. Fast enough to be scary, I knew I was never going to get out of his way should he choose to bite me. The cottonmouth was very pissy and irritable. The rattlesnake was pretty placid and easy going. The timber just wanted a baby chicken once in awhile and he seemed content.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

542 members (17CalFan, 160user, 12344mag, 117LBS, 10gaugemag, 1eyedmule, 55 invisible), 2,632 guests, and 1,243 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,984
Posts18,480,969
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.