Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I’d say that’s likely to happen before long!

I enjoy handguns and I really like shotguns,...but I love rifles!
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Just let me know when you are ready, there’s plenty to go around...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Pick me Shrap, pick me.

I was raised in Billings so I know the way.

I'd rather die in a BAD gunfight than a GOOD nursing home.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
No good dead goes unpunished.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 16bore
No good dead goes unpunished.

It ain't right to punish the dead...

IC B2

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by shortactionsmoker
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
Originally Posted by bigwhoop
He's been gone for 21 days........................and whatever happened to those "flash sales"?

He did say he would put the next one AFTER EACH ONE SELLS. Did that odd caliber Ruger 77 sell?

Yes.

I stopped because I got pissed off. I got tired of the bitching and moaning. You guys can’t imagine the whining I got on the back end.

And I have no doubt the whiners probably didn’t even want the rifle. I’m sure they had intentions of reselling them for a profit. Kinda like the Tikka deals I posted a couple years ago. I saw them for sale within a week marked up $200. I get it - free enterprise. What you guys didn’t know was we had locals that had them on layaway. Guys that would have actually used the rifles. I gave the locals store credit plus a bonus if they’d switch products and let me sell those rifles to guys on here. Wanna guess what happened? The whiners that I accommodated from here had their rifles for sale at a higher price in short order.

I guess I missed that drama.bring back the daily deals, brother.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JamesJr
Originally Posted by dznnf7
Hopefully he's working on that dumpster fire of a website. Must have cost them a million in lost sales by now.

Well, I saw him yesterday at Whitakers, and he looked pretty busy to me. I'd also say judging by the crowd that was there, they aren't losing much money either.

Dang it man! You guys are supposed to yell at me. I really am preoccupied and busy often, but a conversation with ‘fire members usually gets me back on track. Just say, “Hey Darrik, come here!”. We’ve spoken in the past, but you guys need to remind me who you are.

Being an owner means I deal with the crap most of the time. I don’t have many fun conversations on a daily basis. You guys can change that!

I was going to holler at you, but when I looked up again, you were gone, and I figured you were busy. I was hoping you had the Model 700 American Hunter 6.5 Creed, as I was wanting to handle one.

Oh well, it's not that far, so maybe I'll holler at you the next time.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I wish someone in KY would run some more $1300 Fieldcrafts. Help me help you. Lol

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Originally Posted by JamesJr
Hopefully he's working on that dumpster fire of a website. Must have cost them a million in lost sales by now.

Well, I saw him yesterday at Whitakers, and he looked pretty busy to me. I'd also say judging by the crowd that was there, they aren't losing much money either.

See, that's the thing about lost sales - you don't know you lost them. Whittaker's exists because they follow a business model that is virtually identical to web based powerhouses like Amazon: Buy large volumes at minimal price, sell them fast on a thin margin, provide great communication and service, rinse and repeat. To not effectively use the web to boost those sales is crazy and SAS certainly recognizes that. The couch bound geriatrics and alcoholic fanboys that dominate this site aside, a whole bunch of buyers will go to their site, search and have issues, and move along. A decent internet presence will absolutely blow up their income. They're likely to have issues managing the growth, which is a great problem to have.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W

The couch bound geriatrics and alcoholic fanboys that dominate this site aside

LOL

IC B3

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I’m still shooting that stainless T3 in 223 I bought from you. I’ve turned down several offers to buy it.

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Walter_Sobchak

The couch bound geriatrics and alcoholic fanboys that dominate this site aside

LOL

Uh oh... we've been figured out...... smile hope Leupold doesn't read this

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
I’d be down for a youth stock if anybody buys one of the packages and has no need for it. Putting together a youth/handi rifle with one of the Walmart clearance .243 vanguards.

Going to cut the barrel for a suppressor host as well. Haven’t decided what length I want to go yet. Want to go short as reasonable. Will be used at the bench for the kids to practice and blind hunting. Suggestions welcome

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

And I have no doubt the whiners probably didn’t even want the rifle. I’m sure they had intentions of reselling them for a profit. Kinda like the Tikka deals I posted a couple years ago. I saw them for sale within a week marked up $200. I get it - free enterprise. What you guys didn’t know was we had locals that had them on layaway. Guys that would have actually used the rifles. I gave the locals store credit plus a bonus if they’d switch products and let me sell those rifles to guys on here. Wanna guess what happened? The whiners that I accommodated from here had their rifles for sale at a higher price in short order.

SAS, no whining on my end. I love that Tikka bought from Whittaker Guns several years ago and still thank you for the heads up on that deal.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
Originally Posted by bigwhoop
He's been gone for 21 days........................and whatever happened to those "flash sales"?

He did say he would put the next one AFTER EACH ONE SELLS. Did that odd caliber Ruger 77 sell?

Yes.

I stopped because I got pissed off. I got tired of the bitching and moaning. You guys can’t imagine the whining I got on the back end.

Not sure how I missed this thread. I appreciate the deals. I have some Fieldcrafts that I hope I will never have to sell. I kept my Tikka's for awhile, but they went down the road eventually. Just not a Tikka guy. But I don't think most buy them just to make money on them. I'm sure there's a few. Keep up the good work and keep the faith, Darrik!!

Sent from my Dingleberry Handheld Wireless
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I bought one of the 8" twist Tikka 22-250 rifles from Whitakers when they had the special going just to see what all the fuss was about with heavy bullets in a 22-250. I never grew to favor heavy bullets in the 22-250 case, but the rifle is still used a lot as it is accurate with any bullet I've tried in it. It shoots Sierra 52 grain BTHP bullets extremely well, and it isn't going anywhere in the near future that I can see.

No matter what business you might run and how well you run it, there are always other people who think that they could do it better. Its called life. smile

It's official. I missed the selfie deadline so I'm Maser's sock puppet because rene and the Polish half of the fubar twins have decided that I am.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ μολὼν λαβέ
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
SAS hasn’t been on in nearly two months. Probably tired of our [bleep] again!

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
scanning this thread is just depressing...

you have some guy like Darrik come on here and shows us good intentions up and beyond anywhere else you can find that level of service and special pricing offers...and then he gets complainers.. and people who just resell a rifle to pick up a couple of hundred bucks...

as some one pointed out to me, a while ago...of all the ones who love to do personal attacks at the drop of a hat all the time, and then their minion followers.. that number is actually a small group in ratio to the number of people on the campfire..

and its always the same few usual suspects... Sadly if Darrik is just tired of that being the rewards for his efforts, who can blame him? at the same time, its ridiculous that its a small number of those type of clowns that ruin it for everyone...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Seafire,

We don't always agree, however you are spot on with this post regards Darrik. He will do well in his business, with or without the BS that goes on here....

laissez les bons temps rouler
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Between the Christmas shopping season, and having to do inventory in December, I'd say he's been busier than a one armed paper hanger.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

433 members (12344mag, 22kHornet, 1badf350, 160user, 22magnut, 1OntarioJim, 42 invisible), 1,553 guests, and 1,176 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,098
Posts18,522,238
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.