Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Valsdad Online Content OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Anyone else have relatives' or friends' kids still playing. My nephew's team has reached the Super Regionals (or some such) . If they get through this round, then it's on to the State tournament, after that PA and their World Series.

I'm not a baseball fan by any means, but because I want to support him I'm trying to follow it a bit. (I got him started in HOCKEY when he was five or so, but for some godforsaken reason he fell for friggen baseball frown ) His game last night was live streamed, I could only watch a minute as our satellite connection is not the best for streaming.

[Linked Image]

My brother sent a screen shot of one of his at bats. I think the opposition walked him that inning

[Linked Image]

My kid sister is pretty proud of her teenager, when she's not PO'd at him for teenage crap that is. grin

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
My ten year old was in the Nevada State tourney last week. They lost. I have spent over $3k in the last two months on both boys baseball related crap, hotels rooms, etc. so I was not overly heart broken that it came to an end. It is a great experience for the kids.

"Faster horses, younger women, older whiskey, and more money." -Tom T Hall

Molon Labe
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by nemotheangler
My ten year old was in the Nevada State tourney last week. They lost. I have spent over $3k in the last two months on both boys baseball related crap, hotels rooms, etc. so I was not overly heart broken that it came to an end. It is a great experience for the kids.

My sister and family are holed up in a motel up there, 100+ miles from home for this tourney. I can't imagine how she does it, there have been other traveling tourneys in Palm Springs and such too. She's excited for him, if his team wins today they get to continue tomorrow. I'd bet she'd appreciate a break if they lose though.

Good on your kid for getting as far as he did.

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Anyone else have relatives' or friends' kids still playing. My nephew's team has reached the Super Regionals (or some such) . If they get through this round, then it's on to the State tournament, after that PA and their World Series.

I'm not a baseball fan by any means, but because I want to support him I'm trying to follow it a bit. (I got him started in HOCKEY when he was five or so, but for some godforsaken reason he fell for friggen baseball frown ) His game last night was live streamed, I could only watch a minute as our satellite connection is not the best for streaming.

[Linked Image]

My brother sent a screen shot of one of his at bats. I think the opposition walked him that inning

[Linked Image]

My kid sister is pretty proud of her teenager, when she's not PO'd at him for teenage crap that is. grin

Geno

I’m a baseball fan and I love the little league World Series.
I hope your team goes far!

they need to add performance enhancing drug test to it.🤣

And verify ages......😳

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

My sister and family are holed up in a motel up there, 100+ miles from home for this tourney. I can't imagine how she does it, there have been other traveling tourneys in Palm Springs and such too. She's excited for him, if his team wins today they get to continue tomorrow. I'd bet she'd appreciate a break if they lose though.

Geno

Thanks. Yeah mixed emotions for sure. Hopefully the nephew keeps going!!! Good day for baseball.

Molon Labe
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

Geno

Thanks. Yeah mixed emotions for sure. Hopefully the nephew keeps going!!! Good day for baseball.

I hope they keep the kids hydrated, supposed to be 95F +/- up there today.

Good thing for my sister, she gets to visit the Reagan Library and tour AF1 today. Only a 9 minute drive from the motel. Her husband and the ballplayer went yesterday.

Geno

In it is contentment

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I just notice that every time I see a women's softball game, how much is resembles a boy's Little League field. 200' to all fields.
8 yr old boys and 22 year old women, sharing the same field?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Youth baseball, then you called him a teen, what is the age group?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I've never understood why the U.S doesn't standardize the youth leagues in every state, and call them the same thing.

Connie Mack
Senior Babe Ruth.
Joe DiMaggio League.
Thoroughbreds.

All leagues for boys just out of high school...why not just one league, one name, why all the confusion?

All four of those leagues were for the same age group in the same area of the state. In other states the same age group plays for assorted leagues also.

Used to be T-ball, Farm or Minors, Little League, Pony, Colt, then from there it goes crazy.

The only standard League anymore is Little League, 8-12, any other league you have to follow up with "what is the age group?"

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Best I can determine he's in Pony League, 14 under. They seem to start with Shetland, Pinto and so on up the horse sizes I guess.

I can never understand it either.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...JJhANqbr8xljqeb7a3tA/edit#gid=1509952408

Seems a hot mess to me.

Geno

In it is contentment

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
So what was the outcome?

Molon Labe
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by fester

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Geno

I’m a baseball fan and I love the little league World Series.
I hope your team goes far!

they need to add performance enhancing drug test to it.🤣

And verify ages......😳

I dont think some of our foreign competition with 6 ft 6 12 year olds would go for that being fair crap. whistle

Last edited by jaguartx; 07/28/19.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Barkoff
I just notice that every time I see a women's softball game, how much is resembles a boy's Little League field. 200' to all fields.

My daughter hit a couple long balls that cleared not only the girls fence, but the chainlink fence the big boys swing for. One went over both centerfield fences.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Steroids?

Ok, go, just kidding. wink

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by gophergunner
Originally Posted by Barkoff

My daughter hit a couple long balls that cleared not only the girls fence, but the chainlink fence the big boys swing for. One went over both centerfield fences.

340'?

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Ever since they started checking birth certificates It hasn't been the same..

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
The state deal in San Bernardino is about 15 minutes from my house. I grew up in West Covina. Those are my only connections to Little League.

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

340 members (10gaugemag, 2500HD, 1_deuce, 16penny, 260Remguy, 10ring1, 52 invisible), 2,558 guests, and 1,235 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,386
Posts18,469,686
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.