Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
V
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
V
I couldn't resist!
I know, I know, there are lots of liberals acting in the movie, along with the director, producer, writer etc etc etc.
But I had to see it.
I gave it a surprisingly low 81 out of a possible 100.
I thought it would be better as I have really enjoyed most all of Tarantino's other movies (8 of them).
If for no other reason its worth seeing because of the multitude of period correct (1969 and earlier) cool cars!
Then theres the music - lots of great music.
Someone went through an immense amount of time, effort and money to make this long movie!
And finally I haven't heard the term "youfuckinhippies" used so many times since I was a young policeman in the late 1960s walking the beat on "the Ave" (University District's hippie hangout, in Seattle's north end back then)!
That brought joy to me.
Anyway I hesitatingly recommend you see it and I will not ruin the storyline here or anywhere, for anyone - but my advice is if you are thinking about seeing it see it SOON - cause word is gonna get out.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I went to see it last night. Yes it is a long movie, and I yawned (out loud) about half way through, and the couple in front of me looked back, perhaps thinking I was having a heart attack. Agree the cars were cool. The out take on Clint Eastwood's career were things I did not know. Charles Manson's visit to Roman Polanski's house, thinking it was still Dennis Wilson's house was a cool little fact thrown in there. Of course the main event of the movie is the Charles Manson element, and the ending is typical Tarantino and given the way he would have had the tragic events unfold.

Sharan Tate, Roman Polanski, Charles Manson

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Saw it Friday night on a spur of the moment decision. I was expecting something different but still enjoyed the retro theme, cars, music & characters.
I would see it again.

"I was born in the log cabin I helped my grandfather build"
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
What a scumbag Roman Polanski is.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Hmm, yep, line a liberals pocket, hey, why not? They certainly support our gun rights and freedom, and if you can't resist, well, you can't resist...

IC B2

RAS Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
No thanks. Hollywood is going to have to find some other place to get money other than me. Especially that crowd of actors and director.

"...aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you, so that you may walk properly before outsiders and be dependent on no one." - Paul to the church in Thessalonica.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
I will see it in a few years on the tv. I don’t go to movie theaters

Sam......

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by AB2506
What a scumbag Roman Polanski is.

Typical specimen of his ilk.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
[quote=AB2506]What a scumbag Roman Polanski is.

Typical specimen of his ilk.
[/quote
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rajmund Roman Thierry Polański (born 18 August 1933) is a French-Polish[3] film director, producer, writer, and actor. Since 1978, he has been a fugitive from the U.S. criminal justice system, having fled the country while awaiting sentencing in his sexual abuse case, in which he pleaded guilty to statutory rape.[2]

Polanski was born in Paris, and his Polish-Jewish parents moved the family back to Poland in 1936

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
V
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
V
OrangeOakie: Yes I enjoyed the "historical" references to other Hollywood types and old timey places in Hollywood (including the Playboy Mansion, places on Sunset Blvd. etc),
The woman playing the part of Sharon Tate was just absolutely stunningly beautiful - good for her!
And some of the other Hollywood Stars that were portrayed in the movie were extremely well cast/played.
Again I won't spoil any of the surprises for those wishing to see it in the future.
I see this morning that the movie made $41,000,000.00 (forty one million dollars).
More later
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

IC B3

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Yep, ilk indeed.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
$8 candy bars and negroes,
fugg going to "the movies"

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by slumlord
$8 candy bars and negroes,
fugg going to "the movies"

And don't forget dumbschit clueless white folk.

Narrative be strong.

V
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
V
Ruffcutt: I may see it again as well. I had to drive 70 miles to a theater yesterday that was showing the film - so will wait to see it locally if it comes to my town.
I did look up the movie and it cost $90,000,000.00 (ninety million dollars!) to make and with the first three days bringing in $41,000,000.00 (forty one million dollars!) in the U.S. alone it no doubt will put a lot of money in a lot of liberals pockets by the time its over. In other words HUGE profits are in store shortly for Tarantino (writer, producer and director!)!
The beautiful actress who played Sharon Tate by the way, is named Margot Robbie - again, she is a sight to behold!
Over the years I have often wondered what is going on in Quentin Taratinos mind?
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

V
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
V
Slumlord: Careful there YOU could be branded a "racist"!
By the way the theater I attended had over 100 patrons and there were no "negroes" (I think its spelled n-e-g-r-o-s by the way) at all in my theater.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Everybody race out and watch the movie empowering hollywood is good , get nfl season tickets while you're out about - pick up some Levi's too .

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
V
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
V
Ol mike: What do you suggest then in the way of entertainment, life enrichment, education and personal enjoyment?
The Hunting season is NOT year round here and I can only eat so many fish.
Maybe we (the rest of the world besides you!) should just sit in our homes and piss and moan.
Yeah I already acknowledged that some of my money left Butte, Montana and made its way to hollywood, kalifornicationkopia!
And I will repeat this - I enjoyed the movie.
I have been going to movies for 66 of my 72 years as of now and will pick and choose what movies I will attend in the future - being mindful of my monies spent.
Maybe we should all live like you and not send our children to a high school or a college or never turn on a T.V. - God forbid buying a newspaper or a piece of art or an object of art?
For your information ol mike liberals are everywhere, you may not like it and I don't like it, but I am not going to become a paranoid hermit stuck in my house at this stage in my life.
I am happy that you are happy not going to ball games or movies - so be that.
I hope your quality of life and outlook on life makes you happy.
I even liked the dog in this movie and there was a two toned 1957 Chevrolet that showed in a few scenes that I literally drooled over!
Yeah well worth the $7.50 I spent to get in.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
P.S.: The VarmintWife just called me this morning as she is out on the west coast visiting relatives and friends and she went with her sister to this movie on Bainbridge Island there in Puget Sound country.
25 minutes into the movie a false fire alarm evacuated the theater and everyone had to walk outside and wait for 30 minutes while the theater was checked!
Everyone was offered refunds but no one took them up on the offer - they had to restart the movie from the beginning, once the patrons were re-seated.
ol mike that wasn't some of your handi-work was it?

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
I bought into all the movie/tv etc. for many years had everything cable companies offered , I choose to spend my money and time differently these days .
When I figured out that I was a partner in bankrolling the communist who're hellbent on wrecking this great country I decided to stop helping the communist .

If hollywood depended on an income from me they'd be standing on the street corners with a sign -> 'Disabled Veteran , God Bless' .

Posted by Bristoe
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
" ... Over the years I have often wondered what is going on in Quentin Taratinos mind? ..."

VarmintGuy

I have not met Tarantino but have talked with several people who know and have worked with him. In addition I've read some things about his background. He grew up loving movies and watched them as often as he could. (So did I.) He later worked at a Blockbuster video store and had at his disposal, thousands of movies and watched them constantly ... so I'm told. Apparently the old black and white film noir movies and action movies were his favorites. He began writing screenplays and managed to get someone in "the Business" to read one and it ended up being produced. The box office returns were good and that kicked off his career. As to what is "in his mind?" I don't know but he has become a "trade mark" with his style and success and that's what counts in Hollywood.

I'll see the flick when Sony sends me a free video in late Nov. or early Dec. That's when the awards season begins and consideration for awards voting gets in full swing.

FWIW.

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
V
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
V
olmmike: You are missing my point - maybe YOU are not very smart?
My point is liberals are everywhere - and I don't like it much at all!
But if you were completely true to your word you would literally be homebound 24/7/365!
At virtually every turn you (and most of us!) are forced to interact (buy from, hire, live next to etc etc etc) with "them".
I choose to do so on as small a rate as possible.
This incident is one of my concessions in that regard and I have admitted it from post numero uno.
If YOU think YOU are not supporting demonrats (you call them communists!) in many and varied ways every day you are sadly mistaken and pathetically naive!
If you think it is possible to not support liberals at all, then you really need a BIG dose of "reality check".
See above posts for more examples.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

421 members (17CalFan, 160user, 1Longbow, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 10ring1, 37 invisible), 2,060 guests, and 1,111 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,377
Posts18,488,445
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.