Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
That would be his Green Hornet Kato days.

Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
Nobody would have recognized the 1970's Bruce Lee. Everyone recognizes Bruce Lee in the movie. That's probably why he did it. Nice catch though. Good to know.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."

V
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
V
Jim Knight: I also VERY much enjoyed the matinee movie scene depicting Sharon Tate enjoying the audience reaction to here scenes.
I also heard a "bit" of Hollywood gossip.
The tiny little farm girl depicted in the movie scenes with Leonardo Dicaprio was based on the same aged Jodie Foster who played in and starred in several movies as a youngster - she is also a real life friend of Quentin Tarantino!
Jodie foster was born in 1972 and the tiny farm girl claimed to be "almost 8" (IIRC) in her scene chatting with Leonardo.
Don't know but do know I enjoyed the movie even more the "second" time!
I had been instructed by friends to stay through the credits (which I did not do the first viewing!).
Its cute and worth staying through the credits for.
I relished each time Quentin Tarantino worked in the phrase "dirty f*ckin hippies"!
You would have had to worked around the hippies on a professional level during the length of their hay-days to appreciate that line!
Yeah well worth the money - both times.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
The black headed girl that picked up Brad Pitt is Andie MacDowell’s daughter.

Last edited by hanco; 08/10/19.
V
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
V
Hanco: I did not know that - the Hollywood types indeed do tend to keep it in the family!
I checked on-line and the movie "Once Upon A Time In Hollywood" is now in the "black" - they have made $2,000,000.00 (two million dollars!) more than the film cost to make and distribute!
The cost were $92,000,000.00 (ninety two million dollars) and it has already made (domestically!) $94,000,000.00 (ninety four million dollars).
Like so many others here I hate to see so much money in the grips of liberals (with the possible exceptions of Kurt Russel and Bruce Dern?)!
Thanks for the trivia.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
I went to see it last night. Yes it is a long movie, and I yawned (out loud) about half way through, and the couple in front of me looked back, perhaps thinking I was having a heart attack. Agree the cars were cool. The out take on Clint Eastwood's career were things I did not know. Charles Manson's visit to Roman Polanski's house, thinking it was still Dennis Wilson's house was a cool little fact thrown in there. Of course the main event of the movie is the Charles Manson element, and the ending is typical Tarantino and given the way he would have had the tragic events unfold.

Sharan Tate, Roman Polanski, Charles Manson

Saw it tonight with the wife....

I LOVED it... for a lot of reasons.... but the alternate history ending, was heart warming...

LOVED Brad Pitts role, big time...

will be seeing it again a time of two more.. it was that enjoyable... but the end makes the movie....

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by slumlord
I thought you old guys were more into fred astaire, bob hope and burgess merideth type stuff.

I will take William Powell or Herbert Marshall or Basil Rathbone- and some of the older hollywood dames any day over Brad Pitt, John Travolta or Meryl Streep.

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
Jim Knight: I also VERY much enjoyed the matinee movie scene depicting Sharon Tate enjoying the audience reaction to here scenes.
I also heard a "bit" of Hollywood gossip.
The tiny little farm girl depicted in the movie scenes with Leonardo Dicaprio was based on the same aged Jodie Foster who played in and starred in several movies as a youngster - she is also a real life friend of Quentin Tarantino!
Jodie foster was born in 1972 and the tiny farm girl claimed to be "almost 8" (IIRC) in her scene chatting with Leonardo.
Don't know but do know I enjoyed the movie even more the "second" time!
I had been instructed by friends to stay through the credits (which I did not do the first viewing!).
Its cute and worth staying through the credits for.
I relished each time Quentin Tarantino worked in the phrase "dirty f*ckin hippies"!
You would have had to worked around the hippies on a professional level during the length of their hay-days to appreciate that line!
Yeah well worth the money - both times.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Jodi was already doing tv in '72- gotta be older by a decade or so.

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by kenjs1

Jodi was already doing tv in '72- gotta be older by a decade or so.

She was a regular on Saturday morning movies made for kids back in the 1970s.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
It was a great movie, probably my favorite Tarantino movie, at least as far back as Pulp Fiction.

Best role for Pitt in years and DeCaprio was really solid as well. Younger people won’t get the nostalgia and a lot of the SJW types will probably hate it because it so unapologetically embraces traditional American masculine values.

I really enjoyed it as a look back on a California and America that doesn’t exist anymore. 1969 was about the last time America really was still great.

Best line? “Don’t cry in front of Mexicans.”

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

176 members (338reddog, 300_savage, 308xray, 16penny, 280shooter, 27 invisible), 2,140 guests, and 1,083 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,367
Posts18,488,261
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.