Hop To
Page 45 of 49 1 2 43 44 45 46 47 48 49
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
.. sincerely self loathing from Alaska.

I have been told many times... among the biggest problems on the Rez is others tearing ya down every time ya get ahead, which is a big part of the reason so many have to leave.

So you left the rez when you were younger to get ahead? I'm sorry you had to leave your people

Not me, the people who told me.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
GB1

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
The cattle pictured look to be Corriente

copy/paste - Corriente cattle are a breed of Criollo cattle descended from Spanish animals brought to the Americas as early as 1493. They are primarily used today as sport cattle for rodeo events such as team roping and bulldogging (steer wrestling).

S
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
S

Another one bites the dust. Of course it wasn’t the geriatric’s fault, damn motorist...

https://www.sidneyherald.com/nation...e781e8b-5a45-5028-8416-b6e22d13f9d5.html

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Enough.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by shrapnel

Another one bites the dust. Of course it wasn’t the geriatric’s fault, damn motorist...

https://www.sidneyherald.com/nation...e781e8b-5a45-5028-8416-b6e22d13f9d5.html

I differ from many cyclists in that I believe if I get hit its ALWAYS gonna be my fault, for being out there on a bicycle on a public roadway. Therefore its my responsibility to keep that from happening.

IMHO the cyclist shoulda known the nature of the road and bailed clear off of the pavement, leastways that's what I like to think I woulda done. Even I ain't 100% every time. I would also like to think I could do this at age 70, if I make it that far.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by WestMont
The cattle pictured look to be Corriente

copy/paste - Corriente cattle are a breed of Criollo cattle descended from Spanish animals brought to the Americas as early as 1493. They are primarily used today as sport cattle for rodeo events such as team roping and bulldogging (steer wrestling).

Tks, make sense given the locale. In the same way that hay appears to be a major cash crop, even irrigated, all across Montana. A lot of livestock gotta require supplemental feeding in the wintertime.

pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
...I would also like to think I could do this at age 70, if I make it that far.

Wait til you see what 75 feels like! smile

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by pal
...I would also like to think I could do this at age 70, if I make it that far.

Wait til you see what 75 feels like! smile

What? You ain't been run over yet?

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by EdM
I haven't followed this closely but if you get near Sandpoint Idaho let me know.

Hi Ed, ain't getting up into Idaho this time, but I do appreciate the invites cool

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by FatCity67
Birdman post a pic of your rig. Ive been going thru the thread off and on and haven't seen one.

Here it was in Ireland three years back, ain't changed since then.

[Linked Image]

An '89 Schwinn Voyageur steel-frame touring bike, everything switched out except the frame, front and rear deraillieurs and the downtube friction shifters.

lakes of Killarney?

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
IC B3

JOG Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
And a concluding shot from later that day, me retracing my route of the previous day in the copilot seat of the USS Enterprise AKA my buddy's motor home, on our way back to Great Falls.....

[Linked Image]

Stuff like that is tough on my brain. I once spent a rough 10 days covering 75 miles on a backpacking trip. We did that on the drive home in a little over an hour.

Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense.
Robert Frost
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Sycamore
Originally Posted by FatCity67
Birdman post a pic of your rig. Ive been going thru the thread off and on and haven't seen one.

Here it was in Ireland three years back, ain't changed since then.

[Linked Image]

An '89 Schwinn Voyageur steel-frame touring bike, everything switched out except the frame, front and rear deraillieurs and the downtube friction shifters.

lakes of Killarney?

Yep, on my way to the Skibbereen area, where it turned out that lots of folks look like me.

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Reluctantly leaving a week of comfortable idleness here in GF to set out 140 miles north and east to the Hi Line, might be out of touch for a few.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
You going visit Jim C?

J Simoneaud

Supper's ready!! you have 2 choices, Eat or Don't eat.
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Could happen. How could I visit Montana with cycling to the Hi-Line? Seriously running out of time here tho, my bike ships out Monday, however far I get my buddy is gonna come get me, drive me back to GF.

I would like to ride to the Canuck border but I dunno that time permits.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Quite the trip Mike, quite the trip.

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Valsdad

Geno

Indeed 😎

Eating breakfast in Havre now, trying to decide if I wanna ride back up the hill to see the buffalo jump, I mean how many towns got a buffalo jump right behind the mall?

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
go Birdy go

J Simoneaud

Supper's ready!! you have 2 choices, Eat or Don't eat.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
you ought to shake Big Jims hand, or mitt or paw, if you're that close. Havre's got to be the next town over. (how far can it be.....? grin)

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Valsdad

Geno

Indeed 😎

Eating breakfast in Havre now, trying to decide if I wanna ride back up the hill to see the buffalo jump, I mean how many towns got a buffalo jump right behind the mall?

Hell Big Jim is only 30-45 min away by truck. A trip to the border from where you're at is going to be a long boring ride to find out it looks exactly the same. But if you feel froggy head up to the Y, take the left and haul ass. No shoulder, but not much traffic either. Just make sure you wave, as it's still custom there.

MAGA
Page 45 of 49 1 2 43 44 45 46 47 48 49

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

296 members (160user, 1Longbow, 01Foreman400, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 1badf350, 31 invisible), 1,920 guests, and 940 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,658
Posts18,512,779
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.