Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I have a set on Yonex irons that came with both a PW and a 10 iron. They look the same. Any difference you know of in loft?

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
SW on right

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Never heard of a 10 iron till now.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Did you Google it?

😁

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
First one I’ve ever seen.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
nevermind.............................; ]

Trump Won!
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Don't know about a 10 iron but dad always said if you were caught out on the links during a thunderstorm to hold up a 1 iron because even God couldn't hit it.

We pray our sights be straight
and our aim be true
We pray for no pain
to the game we pursue
We thank you Lord
for this land
We thank you for the sights
from our stands
We pray for safety, one and all
We pray we may return next fall
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The pitching wedge is the lowest-lofted club typically called a wedge. It lies on the cusp between the numbered irons and the wedges (in fact it is sometimes labelled the "10-iron"), and is useful for a variety of short shots from firm or semi-soft lies. The traditional pitching wedge had a loft of about 50-52°, but the "de-lofting" of modern cavity back irons including the pitching wedge has resulted in a loft range centering on 48°.

Swifty
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Swifty52
The pitching wedge is the lowest-lofted club typically called a wedge. It lies on the cusp between the numbered irons and the wedges (in fact it is sometimes labelled the "10-iron"), and is useful for a variety of short shots from firm or semi-soft lies. The traditional pitching wedge had a loft of about 50-52°, but the "de-lofting" of modern cavity back irons including the pitching wedge has resulted in a loft range centering on 48°.

Google is the best. smile

We pray our sights be straight
and our aim be true
We pray for no pain
to the game we pursue
We thank you Lord
for this land
We thank you for the sights
from our stands
We pray for safety, one and all
We pray we may return next fall
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by SandBilly
Did you Google it? 😁

Yes I did. Could not find a definitive answer. One golf forum said they are the same, but I ask why did I receive both with the set?

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Kyhilljack

Not google nor will it ever be google anything, I hate fugging Google. But yes, search and ye will find.

Swifty
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
Did you Google it? 😁

Yes I did. Could not find a definitive answer. One golf forum said they are the same, but I ask why did I receive both with the set?

Your pic could be deceiving but the the #10 looks to be fatter/heavier and a different angle where the shaft meets the head. Also the face on the 10 looks to be a bit wider in the pic. Why both, don’t know. Why play pasture pool, don’t know. What I do know is that the wedge looks used and the 10 doesn’t. Hint maybe. 😀

Swifty
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

Not google nor will it ever be google anything, I hate fugging Google. But yes, search and ye will find.

I didn't actually "google" it. Just like I don't actually use a "Kleenex" when I use a "facial tissue." I did "Duck Duck Go" it though. grin

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
I wouldn’t be worth a damn with either one

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Did you Google it? 😁

Your pic could be deceiving but the the #10 looks to be fatter/heavier and a different angle where the shaft meets the head. Also the face on the 10 looks to be a bit wider in the pic. Why both, don’t know. Why play pasture pool, don’t know. What I do know is that the wedge looks used and the 10 doesn’t. Hint maybe. 😀

I haven't used the 10 because of the 14 club rule and I always use the PW when I would use a 10. But now, I am rethinking this, and short of taking them both down to the pro shop and have them measure the loft, I figured someone here may know.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

JK. My dads set of clubs had an 11 iron. I thought it was a pitching wedge but maybe it was sand?

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
The difference? A few degrees of loft. You’re welcome.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I've never heard of a 10 iron until now.

Don't know about a 10 iron but dad always said if you were caught out on the links during a thunderstorm to hold up a 1 iron because even God couldn't hit it.

Your Dad is Lee Trevino? Cool

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Technically, there's no such thing as a USGA sanctioned 10 iron. Like the pitching wedge, gap wedge, sand wedge, and lob wedge, it's all a matter of degrees. Those are listed from low to high loft. The degrees can vary within those particular wedges from 47-53 for pitch, 50-54 for a gap, sand is 54-58, and lob is 58-62 degrees.

You can only carry 14 clubs. I choose a pitch, sand, and lob wedges. I broke my gap otherwise that would be in the bag too.

"A Republic, if you can keep it." ~ B. Franklin
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
I haven't used the 10 because of the 14 club rule and I always use the PW when I would use a 10. But now, I am rethinking this, and short of taking them both down to the pro shop and have them measure the loft, I figured someone here may know.

When was the last time your golf buddies counted the clubs in your bag?

Seems a little personal.

Anyway, take the clubs out to a flat spot in your yard.

Set a flat paver on the clubface so that the clubface is level. The back will settle into the lawn.

Look at the angle the shaft points towards the sky.

That'll tell ya which has more loft, and that's all ya need ta know.

Guessin it's the equivalent of a 60 deg wedge.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Morewood
I've never heard of a 10 iron until now.

Your Dad is Lee Trevino? Cool

LOL... laugh That was my thought also when I read it

https://www.theversed.com/63023/lee...f-course-42-years-ago-today/#.MQXaWcgQpG

It's official. I missed the selfie deadline so I'm Maser's sock puppet because rene and the Polish half of the fubar twins have decided that I am.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ μολὼν λαβέ
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

682 members (1_deuce, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 160user, 06hunter59, 204guy, 71 invisible), 2,695 guests, and 1,502 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,610
Posts18,492,482
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.