Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by JLimbo
I'm rolling about the same as Tikka. Got a '17 Teryx on a Costco pricing sale for $12999 but have since added a bunch of accessories. Its comfy, sips gas and with the full soft cab you stay fairly warm in winter with the engine between the seats.

[Linked Image][/URL][/img]

[Linked Image][/URL][/img]

I have the same machine as Tikka and JLimbo... same year and color as Tikka (4 seater, exact same machine)... 15k out the door and think it was a pretty good deal. I added a split windshield, winch, a Tusk rear window and a few mirrors so I have 16K total into it.

All the 4 seaters are the LE model which includes Fox shocks, power steering, bigger tires than the standard model, LED head lights, and all the TeryX's come with a roof. And they all come with a three year warranty with the option to upgrade that to 6 years for a pretty good price (I can't remember exactly what the price is but I remember thinking it was well worth it)... and you don't have to buy the warranty right away, you can buy it any time within the three year original warranty time period. I still haven't bought it yet but if I'm going to keep mine longer than three years I'm buying it.

You should at least check the TeryX's out, they are a very reliable machine.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
GB4

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Rooster7
[quote=GregW][

It's a 2016 R-Spec SE. The SE model comes with the full skid plate and boot guards, roof, special paint and decals etc. It is a 700 cc so not a real fast machine but I've had it to 52 mph. It will climb just about anything if you're crazy enough. Watch this video to the end. That guy is insane!

I wonder if camera angle isn't a good part of this. Gravity is gravity no matter what you're driving.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

Definitely camera angle.......yep I can smell the belt smokin' too......crazy SOB no matter

I almost bought a Wolverine last year...Teryx won out...Yamaha builds good ones too

Even after the initial $17K...I added winch...real A arm guards & front skid..trunk in bed

Swapped out tires/wheels....28-10x14's......added spare tire/wheel carrier.....

Fuel mileage ? Eight gallons will go further than I wanna drive in a days time

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Fuel mileage ? Eight gallons will go further than I wanna drive in a days time
My RZR 800 get about 15 mpg in the rough stuff, well over 20 in high range. The 7 gal tank is good for about 100 miles in any conditions.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
I have traveled 130 miles on a tank in the Can-am. it is a 10 gallon tank. When I put my tour rides together I plan around 100 mile a day rides because just about every bodies SxS will get 100 miles out of a tank, but I do tell them to pack extra gas just in case..

Last edited by BluMtn; 07/31/19.

Writing from the gateway to the great BluMtns in southeastern Washington.

Just remember, "You are the trailer park and I am the tornado". Beth Dutton, Yellowstone.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Do you want a 50" or a 60"? The 50 is smaller, of course, and doesn't come in a 4 seater, but it will fit in the bed of a pickup and is legal an all atv trails.
We have a '12 Polaris 50" RZR 800. They're the 900's now.
There are only 4 50's made now that I know of, Polaris RZR in either 570 or 900, Honda Pioneer 500, Can-Am Maverick, either 800 or 1000, and Textron Wildcat Trail.

I haven't driven any other than my RZR 800. I'm good sized and I fit it fine. I do sit on a cushion for a bit more seat height. I have a hip problem that bothers me when I sit low. I put 70 mountain miles on it the last 2 days with no discomfort at all.
I've heard that the Honda 500 is a put-put. It'll get there reliably but it's HP rating is well below the others so don't get in a rush.

Good post. Cub Cadet is an outlier. It doesn't sound like what the OP would want, but it may interest others. They have a 50" with a 400 Subaru industrial engine. The price is right too. It's more utilitarian in the MULE vein, so if performance is the goal, it is certainly the wrong machine.

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
I’ve got a Kawasaki Mule FX Pro and have not wanted for something else. Priceless around the farm. Very capable off road.

John

If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Hondo64d
I’ve got a Kawasaki Mule FX Pro and have not wanted for something else. Priceless around the farm. Very capable off road.

John

I talked to a bud today who got a steal of a deal on a used one. Nothing flashy and not fast, but tough as nails. The Gulf Islands National Seashore uses (or used to I should say, don't know if they still do) them on our barrier islands here. They look like hell from salt air and water but still function just fine after many years.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I have a 2014 Polaris Ranger (Full size) that I picked up used in 2014 for a song with trailer. It now has 2000 miles on it street and trail with lots of mud combined and the only problem I have had was the ignition switch. I replaced it myself for the cost of the part. I change oil twice a year (early fall and late spring). It runs like a champ. I think any major brand sxs is probably well made and the choice would come down to personal preference or performance. Mine sports a 2" lift and winch, because I like it that way smile. I use the winch to lift the front end to change tires....never got stuck but then I don't try to either.

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
[quote=GregW][

It's a 2016 R-Spec SE. The SE model comes with the full skid plate and boot guards, roof, special paint and decals etc. It is a 700 cc so not a real fast machine but I've had it to 52 mph. It will climb just about anything if you're crazy enough. Watch this video to the end. That guy is insane!

I wonder if camera angle isn't a good part of this. Gravity is gravity no matter what you're driving.

Maybe and I hope so because that video makes my butt pucker! lol

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I’m the only one with a gator 825i? Great machine with a big dump bed, but I use mine mainly for work.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by GregW
Originally Posted by 280shooter
We use a Yamaha Wolverine

Same. We really like it.

It does not suck in dust like the Polaris' do. I've ridden in Ranger's and we were covered in dust so bad it was hard to breathe. People I know have invested a lot of money on a hard cab to solve the problem.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Can you talk more about your Wolverine?

Dude needs a brain bucket bad!! Friggin' tingly when you reach that tipping point on a climb.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C

John

I have 3 friends that have bought the FX Pro in the last 2 years and they are all very, very pleased.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by country_20boy

John

I have 3 friends that have bought the FX Pro in the last 2 years and they are all very, very pleased.

Count me in that crowd. I just bought the Ranch Edition. I really like the idea that the back seats fold up and make the bed bigger. It’s quiet, smooth riding and perfect for the speeds I like to move. It’s plenty big. Steering wheel tilts too.

I’ve had a 2 Gator 825’s, a Gator 835, a Gator 590 and a Polaris Ranger 900. The Kawasaki is my favorite so far.

I enjoy handguns and I really like shotguns,...but I love rifles!
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Here’s mine:

https://www.kawasaki.com/products/2...e=MPP-_-PRODUCTTRIMLIST-_-VEHICLEDETAILS

They also make a version with just the front seat. It has the biggest bed I’ve ever seen on a SxS. I like mine so much I’m probably selling my Gator and buying a second one. I’ll go with the front seat only model on the second one.

I enjoy handguns and I really like shotguns,...but I love rifles!
B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
I just remembered the Honda Talon or even the pioneer. Honda reputation and no CVT drive.

Writing from the gateway to the great BluMtns in southeastern Washington.

Just remember, "You are the trailer park and I am the tornado". Beth Dutton, Yellowstone.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by shortactionsmoker
Originally Posted by country_20boy

John

Count me in that crowd. I just bought the Ranch Edition. I really like the idea that the back seats fold up and make the bed bigger. It’s quiet, smooth riding and perfect for the speeds I like to move. It’s plenty big. Steering wheel tilts too.

I’ve had a 2 Gator 825’s, a Gator 835, a Gator 590 and a Polaris Ranger 900. The Kawasaki is my favorite so far.

I've not ridden in it or used it, but my uncle (his farm adjoins mine) owns one of the Mule's that can switch the bed/back seat. Looks very nice and he's well pleased with it. It is large and looks like it would be a comfy vehicle to get in/out of. I think he got it last summer so he's been using it a while.

There's a huge range of sizes across the different manufactures and models out there. Some are as big (maybe bigger) than a jeep and some are barely larger than a regular ATV. Very different designs as well, some for work, some for fun, some that split the difference. Nice to have choices....

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
We bought a Yamaha Viking last year, and it has been great for our purposes. It is not the fastest (52 mph max) or quietest (engine and somewhat "squeaky"), but it comfortably seats 3 across and meets our needs for tooling around in the national forest. It has good engine braking on the downhills and a differential lock when needed. We do keep an older quad at the cabin in case we want to go on 50 inch trails. The OP asked about roominess. The seats do slide front and back, but you bolt them down when adjusted. My wife does not find that convenient.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
We run rangers.

Mine is never on dry trails though, it's in flooded fields, water up to the floor boards. I reckon I beat on mine a lot harder than most.

I saw a brand new mule pro whatever it's called 2 years ago come off a Levee and snap am A arm. That was enough for me to say no to those.

The viking seemed good for dry trails but our neighbors kid runs one with mud tires on it and it might move 3 mph in those bogged fields wide open.

Btw- you can buy a seat belt bypass for the ranger for under 10 dollars. I dont really care, cause most of my driving is under 10 mph.

I will say that the ranger does seem tight but it's a lot roomier than a ATV.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
We have very steep logging trails at our camps. We own and use Honda and Yamaha Atv's also we have Yamaha Viking and a Honda Pioneer 500. My Pioneer shaft driven 500 cost less than $9000
It has more than amazed me on what the pioneer can do. Speed is not a factor where we are so 15 mph would be fast. . Web

[Linked Image]
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

575 members (1minute, 1beaver_shooter, 22250rem, 204guy, 17CalFan, 222ND, 66 invisible), 2,269 guests, and 1,428 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,941
Posts18,480,065
Members73,954
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.