Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Originally Posted by John_Boy
It matters to me as I despise plastic whether on cars, or firearms. Cheap is cheap. Steel, wood and leather.
Now as to reality. It's the way the market driven companies produce their wares. So be it. That's why I prefer Mausers, '55 Ford trucks and yes, my old ugly yellow Jeep that still has a manual switch for the headlights..

How about you tell me where the cheap 8 twist 22/250 is,and you won't have to stress over it anymore. You ask for opinions then try to educate us about the subject matter. Now where is this gem of a 22/250?

"Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
HR IC

J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
I've been shooting Tikkas for over 20 years, going back to the Tikka 695 Whitetail. I've never had one break down, no parts broke, nothing, nada. You can look all you want, and criticize all you like, but you'll never find a total package/value for the buck as a Tikka. I've killed hundreds of animals with them, and they all (have/had 6) shoot lights out without any fuss, plastic and all.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
The bolt shroud on the T3 was plastic, but on the T3x they went to metal.

V
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
V
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith
The bolt shroud on the T3 was plastic, but on the T3x they went to metal.

Yes they did, an upgrade that was sorely needed 👍......Hb

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
There’s a big difference between want and need.

If you want to swap out the parts, have at it.

You don’t need to, however. None of your swap outs affect function.

Including the plastic bolt shroud.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My groups shrank considerably when I added the metal bolt shroud.

V
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
V
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
There’s a big difference between want and need.

If you want to swap out the parts, have at it.

You don’t need to, however. None of your swap outs affect function.

Including the plastic bolt shroud.

P
I agree on everything but the plastic shroud,I think Tikka upgraded it on the T3X for a reason, I never had a cracked plastic shroud Myself but a buddy had one crack on one of his T3's a few years back....Beretta would not send him a new one free of charge either, he ordered a new machined aluminum shroud from Glades Armoury for $35 👍......Hb

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The Tikka T3 is a Glock-Rifle... that’s not a condemnation, just an observation. Personally, I can’t stomach them. But if you can they’re a perfectly serviceable rifle, capable of better accuracy than most over the counter rifles.

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Pictures to be posted if trade goes through.....

Last edited by John_Boy; 08/01/19.

I am the way, the truth, and the life: no one comes to the Father but by me. John 14:6
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
This might be pertinent.

Tikkas are all I buy these days. I have a bunch of them. My brother saw what I was doing with them and he bought a bunch of them, too. The best ones we gave to our dad, then bought more.

Except for my two rimfires, they’re all T3, not T3x. And I reload for all of them. I’d post targets but they’ve been seen too often. I can’t abide teasing. Too delicate.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
It does sound as though you have a treatable addition to Tikka's. I want this one since its the easiest and probably the least expensive way to a fast twist 22-250. If I'm able to get it three first thing I'll do is paint the stock. If she shoots as good as y'all say then a new stock and such might be in order.

I am the way, the truth, and the life: no one comes to the Father but by me. John 14:6
V
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
V
Originally Posted by Brad
The Tikka T3 is a Glock-Rifle... that’s not a condemnation, just an observation. Personally, I can’t stomach them. But if you can they’re a perfectly serviceable rifle, capable of better accuracy than most over the counter rifles.

I think Brad hit the nail on the head here when he said Tikka's are the Glock of rifles, this is not a desparaging remark toward Tikka rifles, they are perfectly serviceable rifles that shoot as good or better than most bolt action rifles.....I like to keep a T3x .300 Win in My safe for hunting in wet weather, I have killed several nice bucks with it 👍......Hb

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I have four of the Finnish Glocks and like them quite alot. I shoot the tar out of the 6.5 CM T3X SS Lite and the 22-250. My only real upgrade was a pair of EDGE Sako Classics for those two. I wanted a little long LOP and the Sako Classic pattern fits me real well. I have a T3X Superlite and a Youth T3X 7-08. All of them have shot pretty danged easily for me. The factory plastic stock are just fine and plenty stiff for great shooting. I am actually a big M70 sorta fella, but the Tikka's are good rifles and so far I haven't been able to make one give up. I have Sportsmatch Rings on the 22-250 and 6.5 with SS SWFA 6's on them both.

Semper Fi
R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
I have 5 Tikka's , all are shooters. I've upgraded the stocks on some, installed lighter trigger springs, installed metal trigger guards and bought M plus magazines for the short action calibers. I would consider myself just an average reloader, more a hobbyist. I load for all 5 Tikka's , getting some pretty good accuracy with little load work. If they shoot 1/2" groups I'm thrilled. My 2 6.5 CM rifles shoot what I consider especially good and plenty accurate for my hunting area 500 yds max.
Not sure what rifle I would even consider at this price range other than a Tikka.

[Linked Image]
300 yd group 140 gr BT

[Linked Image]
300 yd group 120 BT

Both 1" or under.

Last edited by Remington280; 08/01/19.

HMM-161, HMM-364
Semper Fi Brothers
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Remington280

Not sure what rifle I would even consider at this price range other than a Tikka.

My answer to that is NONE .

I bought my first Tikka T3 Lite SS in 2003 -> still have and hunt it.

Last year I bought a Tikka T3X Lite SS --> hunted and killed WT with it. NO changes, NO upgrades, No hassles, NO muss, NO fuss.
NO competition AFAIC.

[Linked Image]

Jerry

Last edited by jwall; 08/01/19.

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

A Flat Trajectory is Never a Handicap

Speed is Trajectory's Friend !!
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by John_Boy
So in my Tikka T3 research I find out they the bolt shroud is plastic, or steel lined plastic.
Gotta be a price point thing. Exactly how much plastic of the plastic has metal replacements available?
It looks like wood and fiberglass stocks are available.
It appears that by the time I bring it up to at least Remington standards I might as well buy something else....

You buy a T3x which has a metal shroud, steel lug . Remington Standards you kid right?

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Tikkas chit.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

"Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
More Tikka chit.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
And.....

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Since 2006 I've had 13 assorted T3s from 22/250 to 338 Win mag. Never a problem. Nuttin. All were good shooters with my hamdloads. The worst was a 30/06. It was MOA. The rest were half that or better. I can't say that I have had that much success with any other brand of big game rifle. With so little effort.

Suminabitches at photobucket stole my best pics.

Last edited by Otter6; 08/01/19.

Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

595 members (12344mag, 16penny, 06hunter59, 02bfishn, 1234, 163bc, 59 invisible), 2,565 guests, and 1,348 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,574
Posts18,491,964
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.