-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
If they are not on fixed foundations and not connected to septic.

I would challenge it at the county commission meeting.

What's the difference between them and an oversized doll house or playhouse or she-shed?

If they still have to come back to the house to take a crap. Is it really a seperate residence.

I'd set up a dozen tents and paint them pink.

B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by slumlord
If they are not on fixed foundations and not connected to septic.

I would challenge it at the county commission meeting.

What's the difference between them and an oversized doll house or playhouse or she-shed.

If they still have to come back to the house to take a crap. Is it really a seperate residence.

I'd set up a dozen tents and paint them pink.

I wouldn't be surprised if they put small bathrooms in them. They had 3 of those little Kubota excavators back there working for 4 days or so.

But like I said. It's nothing to me what they do. Their property is about 1/4 mile off the road. I have to go to the back part of my place to even see them.

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Like I said, what if it’s 20 cabins??? Somebody wants to start up a brand new hippie commune or “co-op” farm?? Buy 5 acres and start a mobile home park???

Five acres with multiple residences isn’t the “country”, anymore. They call that a “subdivision”.

Wait til the lady sells it in a few years, and the next owner decides to rent the cabins out to a couple of meth-heads.....

I’ve seen “ranchette” (5-10 acre) communities that started off pretty nice, then, the next thing you know, guys are running their construction businesses out of the homes, building shops with 16 foot walls, parking skid steers, excavators, 5 work trucks, and all the leftover materials from their last 3 jobs out front.

Who wants to build a $500k home and a $100k barn, only to wake up one day and find out that you’re living next door to a general contractor’s business/parking lot, and your home is now worth $300k??

The “kids” need to go buy their own 5 acre lots..

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Those lawnmower sheds are sprouting in the hollers like mushrooms. Modern version of the plywood shack.

At least they have floors in them. Better for the kids' health, surely.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by fburgtx
Like I said, what if it’s 20 cabins??? Somebody wants to start up a brand new hippie commune or “co-op” farm?? Buy 5 acres and start a mobile home park???

Five acres with multiple residences isn’t the “country”, anymore. They call that a “subdivision”.

Wait til the lady sells it in a few years, and the next owner decides to rent the cabins out to a couple of meth-heads.....

All true.

But there's no reason that a representative of the county could mediate the situation, get the permission of the neighbors bordering the property, and inform B's neighbors that any further development would be frowned upon.

But bein .gov is involved, and $, it ain't likely ta happen.

But it could.

IC B2

B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B

Yeah,...one can always come up with some worse case scenarios. I hadn't thought about what might happen if they decide to sell it. But my guess is, it'll have to adhere to zoning before the deed can be transferred.

I don't see these people selling out anytime soon, however. They're middle aged people with adult kids and it seems to me that this is their dream homestead. They've been working on it nonstop since they moved in.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

God usually sends in a tornado for something like that.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Just let them know to hook them two cabins up, ass to ass and tack them together. One house now.

g

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
My Mom and Pop have a acre they live on and have for the past35 + years. They built a subdivison all the way around them and now if ya even burn a pile of leaves they call the fire dept, and a lot of other stupid crap they think aint right. But there is more than one way to skin a cat.I bought the right away going in to there place and after the survey 11 on the right away and 4 across the back were over the line with there privecy fence. Some were no more than 4 in but some were 3 + ft, after they all got letters to move there s-it we now have nice neighbors,somewhat.The land has been ours before I was born and just cause they built 2500000,00 homes all around it we should not have to change.

B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by leesway2
My Mom and Pop have a acre they live on and have for the past35 + years. They built a subdivison all the way around them and now if ya even burn a pile of leaves they call the fire dept, and a lot of other stupid crap they think aint right. But there is more than one way to skin a cat.I bought the right away going in to there place and after the survey 11 on the right away and 4 across the back were over the line with there privecy fence. Some were no more than 4 in but some were 3 + ft, after they all got letters to move there s-it we now have nice neighbors,somewhat.The land has been ours before I was born and just cause they built 2500000,00 homes all around it we should not have to change.

Yeah,...this whole area will be subdivided in 25 years or so. We're about 6 miles out from the development that's growing up around the city limits,...and it's growing fast.

The developers will bulldoze everything, break it up into half acre lots, and build new around here in the not too distant future.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I had new neighbors once that were very friendly. Man was coming over when I grilled, his woman was always sun tanning and would come over and talk. They always had friends over, too. One day I come walking up to my house and a person in a SWAT Team-type outfit tells me to go inside my house, everything is ok. Neighbors had a meth lab in the garage and in the basement.

E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
I’d have piers sunk, and have those buildings mounted up in the air 20 FT off the ground, so the nosy neighbor could see me pee out the window every morning. And just to be sure they could see my pee, I’d fill a 25 gallon fish aquarium, and put yellow food coloring in it, and run a clear half inch hose, off of a valve from the fish aquarium, over to the window.

Every morning at 7:00 AM, I’d blow an air horn, and raise the window. I’d look out through my binoculars at the neighbor’s houses, and when I’d see that nosy biatch looking, I’d grab a fake tan colored 12 inch schlong I’d made up and put it between muh legs, with that clear hose attached to the side, and I’d open the valve and let that solid stream of yellow fish aquarium water run for as long as it takes to empty the aquarium.

And when I was done, I’d toot two long toots on the air horn.

P.S. Oh, almost forgot, I’d tell the county commissioner those are my deer blinds, and they can pizz off.

Last edited by ElkSlayer91; 08/01/19.

"He is far from Stupid"

”person, who happens to have an above-average level of intelligence

– DocRocket (In reference to ElkSlayer91)

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Originally Posted by ElkSlayer91
I’d have piers sunk, and have those buildings mounted up in the air 20 FT off the ground, so the nosy neighbor could see me pee out the window every morning. And just to be sure they could see my pee, I’d fill a 25 gallon fish aquarium, and put yellow food coloring in it, and run a clear half inch hose, off of a valve from the fish aquarium, over to the window.

Every morning at 7:00 AM, I’d blow an air horn, and raise the window. I’d look out through my binoculars at the neighbor’s houses, and when I’d see that nosy biatch looking, I’d grab a fake tan colored 12 inch schlong I’d made up and put it between muh legs, with that clear hose attached to the side, and I’d open the valve and let that solid stream of yellow fish aquarium water run for as long as it takes to empty the aquarium.

And when I was done, I’d toot two long toots on the air horn.

P.S. Oh, almost forgot, I’d tell the county commissioner those are my deer blinds, and they can pizz off.

If they do wind up getting shut down that's likely what it will be over -- lack of proper bathroom facilities/sewage containment per current modern-day codes for a human inhabited structure.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
It's all about money to the gubbermint.

LOL
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Kentucky must suck now.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Kentucky must suck now.

I saw your Governor on the debate last night,....made me fall on my knees and give thanks that I don't live in a state alongside enough idiots to elect a buffoon like that.

Here's Kentucky's Governor.

https://www.wkyt.com/content/news/K...ll-goes-to-governors-desk-506561551.html

Senate Bill 150, backed by the National Rifle Association, will now head to Governor Matt Bevin's desk after a 60-37 vote in the House. It allows Kentuckians 21 and older who can lawfully possess a firearm to be able to conceal it without a permit.

Gov. Bevin said Friday afternoon to Gray TV that he would sign the bill.

"It doesn't break new ground. It simply says that people do indeed have the right to keep and bear arms," said Gov Bevin. "... For those people who are offended at this idea and don't like it, there are other places in America where they could live."

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Yep. LOL

Got nosy neighbors too. One fellow ran out and said I was mowing his weeds!

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Yep. LOL

Got nosy neighbors too. One fellow ran out and said I was mowing his weeds!

One of my neighbors is a fairly serious fat cat,....got lots of money and owns a big tract of land. I have no way of knowing. But I suspect he's the complainer.

It's either him or one other guy, and the other guy owns a business in Lexington and stays too busy to worry about what anybody else is doing.

B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
In any event, none of it has anything to do with me.

I'm just the old guy up on the hill that they see throwing a tennis ball for his dog to fetch.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Zoinks!

They would have gotten away with it too if it hadn't of been for those meddling kids.

I am MAGA.
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

526 members (260madman, 1OntarioJim, 260Remguy, 1minute, 257 roberts, 1badf350, 62 invisible), 2,373 guests, and 1,211 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,426
Posts18,489,191
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.