Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 46 of 49 1 2 44 45 46 47 48 49
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Hey Tks, gonna blow off the buffalo jump, head towards Jim’s direction. Just now two hard of hearing ol’ Indian ladies in the next booth are yelling at each other in Cree or whatever.

Can’t understand a word of course, ‘cept of course “Walmart” is still pronounced “WalMart” in that language. Kinda cool tho to listen to two fluent-sounding Native speakers, might be the only opportunity ever fer me.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Picts of you and Big Jim together would be cool.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Hey Tks, gonna blow off the buffalo jump, head towards Jim’s direction. Just now two hard of hearing ol’ Indian ladies in the next booth are yelling at each other in Cree or whatever.

Can’t understand a word of course, ‘cept of course “Walmart” is still pronounced “WalMart” in that language. Kinda cool tho to listen to two fluent-sounding Native speakers, might be the only opportunity ever fer me.

If you make it to Chinook, take the time to pedal the town. Would only take 5 min lol. It's a little piece of Americana that's dying. Great town.

In all seriousness, I'd not pedal through Ft Belknap. You'd likely be fine, but still I couldn't in good conscience advise otherwise.

MAGA
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
The was an article in the Montana paper last week, IIRC 17suicides on the Ft Belknap Rez in a year most of em teenagers. Damn, must be a rough place to live.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The was an article in the Montana paper last week, IIRC 17suicides on the Ft Belknap Rez in a year most of em teenagers. Damn, must be a rough place to live.

At least they're making headway on the overcrowding situation. wink

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

IC B2

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
He REALLY is on the road, saw him on the Hi-line in Northern montana today....pedaling away into Blain County!

Had to stop and say hi!

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
excellent! (either that, or you are posting from his couch in San Antonio!)

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ingwe
He REALLY is on the road, saw him on the Hi-line in Northern montana today....pedaling away into Blain County!

Had to stop and say hi!

I bet you knew right away it couldn't be anyone else!

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Sycamore

Had to stop and say hi!

I did...

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
Could happen. How could I visit Montana with cycling to the Hi-Line? Seriously running out of time here tho, my bike ships out Monday, however far I get my buddy is gonna come get me, drive me back to GF.

I would like to ride to the Canuck border but I dunno that time permits.

Bird, I could ship you my triathlon bike, it cuts through the wind like a hot knife cuts through butter, and you could make it back to TEXAS before classes start.

You’d be coasting downhill literally all the way home…and you’d swear you never mashed a pedal. LOL.

Aluminum frame with carbon forks and handle bars that absorb the road roughness, and a graphite beam supporting the seat that makes you feel like you’re sitting / riding in a German suspension car. Literally soaks up the road roughness before it gets to the body. Bladed spokes cut through the wind like a hot knife cuts through butter.

P.S. They outlawed it on the circuit, because it had such a competitive edge over the competition.

P.S.S. I can make you go faster, and faster…like the 6-million dollar man.

P.S.S.S. Get your buddy with the Motorhome to run support for you, and you ride without the additional weight of your bags, and you’ll literally fly home…I’ll guarantee.

"He is far from Stupid"

”person, who happens to have an above-average level of intelligence

– DocRocket (In reference to ElkSlayer91)

IC B3

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by ElkSlayer91
Could happen. How could I visit Montana with cycling to the Hi-Line? Seriously running out of time here tho, my bike ships out Monday, however far I get my buddy is gonna come get me, drive me back to GF.

Bird, I could ship you my triathlon bike, it cuts through the wind like a hot knife cuts through butter, and you could make it back to TEXAS before classes start.

You’d be coasting downhill literally all the way home…and you’d swear you never mashed a pedal. LOL.

Aluminum frame with carbon forks and handle bars that absorb the road roughness, and a graphite beam supporting the seat that makes you feel like you’re sitting / riding in a German suspension car. Literally soaks up the road roughness before it gets to the body. Bladed spokes cut through the wind like a hot knife cuts through butter.

P.S. They outlawed it on the circuit, because it had such a competitive edge over the competition.

P.S.S.S. Get your buddy with the Motorhome to run support for you, and you ride without the additional weight of your bags, and you’ll literally fly home…I’ll guarantee.

ElkSlayer91: What kind of bike-Softride? -tnscouter

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
All things must pass, bike journeys are over for the summer.

Can’t think of a better place to end it than as I did at Jim’s Paradise 😎

Great people, great life, beautiful place.

Trip pics to follow.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Congratulations Birdie, you’re a lot tougher than the couch potatoes.....enjoyed your adventures!!

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
All things must pass, bike journeys are over for the summer.

Can’t think of a better place to end it than as I did at Jim’s Paradise 😎

Great people, great life, beautiful place.

Trip pics to follow.

Anxiously awaiting the pics.

Epic trip, Epic. Meeting Jim and the Poobs and a few others, while cycling, has to be a record perhaps? For those that keep track of those things.

I'd have had to see the buffler jump. Never seen one.

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
Originally Posted by tnscouter
Originally Posted by ElkSlayer91

ElkSlayer91: What kind of bike-Softride? -tnscouter

Contestant: Alex, I’ll take TT / Triathlon bikes for a $1,000.

Alex: Name a TT / Triathlon bike that was ruled to have an unfair competitive advantage throughout the 1990’s and 2000’s over their competition before being banned by the governing body.

Contestant: What is a SoftRide?

Alex: You are correct. The banning of Softride from competition forced the production of SoftRide bikes to end in 2007.

Softride Frames:

Triathlon/TT
PowerWing
RoadWing
Classic R1
Rocket TT7

Best frames ever built.

Last edited by ElkSlayer91; 08/03/19.

"He is far from Stupid"

”person, who happens to have an above-average level of intelligence

– DocRocket (In reference to ElkSlayer91)

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
I have greatly enjoyed your story and the pictures. You are a tough old guy to be doing this at age 62.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
I have greatly enjoyed your story and the pictures. You are a tough old guy to be doing this at age 62.

Tougher'n me, for sure! smile

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

Maybe my next bike... wink

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Sycamore

Had to stop and say hi!

I did...

Here's some photos my buddy's wife took as I was headed out of Great Falls. For some reason some residents of the Rocky Boys Rez found this attire amusing.
Hey, might have saved my life...... grin

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You get any pictures of you with Big Jim or The Grand Poobah up on the High-Line ?

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 46 of 49 1 2 44 45 46 47 48 49

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

568 members (1minute, 06hunter59, 10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 66 invisible), 2,317 guests, and 1,236 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,684
Posts18,513,491
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.