-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 11 of 13 1 2 9 10 11 12 13
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I spoke to Norm (Anjin) and, unfortunately, he and his family won't be able to make it to Army-Joe this time around. I hate to back out, but I think Julia and I won't be attending this year due to a lack of youngsters. Hopefully, we'll be able to make the Winter Soirée. Our best regards to everyone - we'll miss y'all.

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue
GB1

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Dropping like flies- bummer.

Jeff and I headed that way tomorrow afternoon

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Looks like we will have about 30 fine folks - a good number for a great weekend of visiting, shooting, sharing wisdom and experiences, reminiscing and telling tall tales. Pull a log up to the fire and sit a while.

Sounds like some of the troops already arrived by yesterday - whole lot of shooting going on.

See you soon.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I want to be there. Have a great time.

Me solum relinquatis

Molon Labe
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The folks want you to be here Tracy - sorry about the work conflict - there will be more opportunities.

IC B2

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Like to wish you All a Great time! Id love to come to one of these meets some day!

Deer Camp! about as good as it gets!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
With these folks, this place and the activities we enjoy - a great time is just about guaranteed. saddlering, I hope you get out here to be with us sometime soon.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If y'all see a silver '97 GMC driving around lost tomorrow afternoon, it's likely to be me. I'm thinking all I gotta do is find Forest Road 854 and go east and south for about four miles. At least that's what I'm getting off the web.

If I can't find it I'll stop the truck and listen for shooting. grin

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by High_Noon
I spoke to Norm (Anjin) and, unfortunately, he and his family won't be able to make it to Army-Joe this time around. I hate to back out, but I think Julia and I won't be attending this year due to a lack of youngsters. Hopefully, we'll be able to make the Winter Soirée. Our best regards to everyone - we'll miss y'all.

Milo, I feel for you and others that are unable to attend, particularly those who are hurting.

As such as I have been looking forward to this gathering all year, especially as it will be the last at this wondrous camp ground at Armijo Springs, I too am going to beg off, as High Noon reported. For the who can attend, we are with you in spirit too.

My excuses are as follows. I just in the past two months moved into a really splendid house, one that I expect will be all I want for the rest of my life. It is a big old log cabin on the edge of the eastern Sandia Mountains, close to Route 40 and ten minutes away from Albuquerque. (We are experiencing a thunderstorm as I write this.)

The house was built in 1945 by Dr. Richard Loveless, founder of the Loveless Medical Group, as his hunting lodge. He later recruited his nephew, also named Richard Loveless, to join him in Albuquerque in his medical practice and added a guest house next to the lodge for him.

It is quite a place. He split off many acres of land much later, but the old house still has five acres, steep hills, two stone BBQ fireplaces, one way up the hill by the national forest grounds, rare plantings, an artesian well and stone pond (actually a couple of them) and abundant fresh water.

The house really has only one bedroom, so I am in the process of adding more living quarters which is absorbing all my savings at the moment.

Second, my wife has gone off to Japan for the summer to visit relatives, leaving me to care for the kids, now 20 (Robert) and 10 (Mary). School starts very soon and I must handle it.

Third, we have four dogs and ten chickens and they need care.

With stuff in the house of the type we all have, I prefer not to have others having access. I do not have anyone who can stand in for me.

Fourth, perhaps most compelling, I am almost 80 years old (later this month) and getting unsteady on my feet. Actually, I have been falling down often. I could get Robert to drive there and put up the tent, but I really have too much to do here, while I can. I need to do it now.

Say, I should mention that we have all the usual New Mexico wildlife roaming through our land as well. Two nights ago, Robert started out the back door to walk the dogs, and encountered a very large, very black bear ten feet away on the patio. Now, I do understand that bears tend to flee from dogs, especially several of them, but it was unsettling.

BTW, Bernalillo County, which encompasses Albuquerque and the East Mountains, today has rules against discharging firearms. Is that stupid? Not to mention that Albuquerque has one of the most violent crime stats in the country! I can assure you from reports of my neighbors, they take the county rules with a large grain of salt.

We later found bear tracks and other signs that the bear had been down in the arroyo a few steps down below our well house, where there is a special species of apple tree. Several fresh apples were on the ground. I guess he knew about it. Is this a great country, or what?

Norm

Last edited by Anjin; 08/01/19. Reason: "our"

Norman Solberg
International lawyer, lately for 25 years in Japan, now working on trusts in the US, the 3rd greatest tax haven. NRA Life Member for over 50 years, NRA Endowment (2014), Patron (2016).
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RiverRider
If y'all see a silver '97 GMC driving around lost tomorrow afternoon, it's likely to be me. I'm thinking all I gotta do is find Forest Road 854 and go east and south for about four miles. At least that's what I'm getting off the web.

From NM 32 take the turn off to Armijo Springs (FR 854) and just keep driving about 4 miles - turn right at the fork and you will see the gang.

IC B3

E
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E
We will be leaving about 9am and should arrive around 2 pm.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by CCCC
Originally Posted by RiverRider

From NM 32 take the turn off to Armijo Springs (FR 854) and just keep driving about 4 miles - turn right at the fork and you will see the gang.

Thank you sir. I am in Haskell, Texas gasing up. See y'all this afternoon!

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

E
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E
Some pictures.....
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
E
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Prairie dog shoot....
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
E
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
E
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
E
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

PD target being set up at 200 yards.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
E
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
E
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Looks like every one is having a great time, wish I could be there. Thanks for the pic's. Blue

Page 11 of 13 1 2 9 10 11 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

551 members (16penny, 007FJ, 02bfishn, 160user, 10gaugeman, 16gage, 61 invisible), 2,470 guests, and 1,305 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,435
Posts18,470,821
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.