Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by kellory
Originally Posted by FieldGrade
Originally Posted by FieldGrade
I just picked up another box of. 450 Bushmaster for the AR Thursday, and a box of 9mil for my CCW. Think another bucket of .22lr will be next.
I was in Rural King when I guy bought the ENTIRE pallet of ammo that had just arrived, sight unseen. He mentioned that any he did not have a use for, would be available on craigslist. later.
Didn't leave a single box for any one else.

A box of 12ga sabots would not be wasted, either.

I bet he was disappointed when he found out that you can't sell firearms or ammo on Craigslist.

Not by thier rules, true. But do a search of "bang sticks, things that go bang, or just about every caliber and type you want, and see how many adds are more than willing to buy, sell, and trade.
I've personally reported thousands of them, And there are always more.

I was just going by what their website says.

Not sure why you would report folks for doing it though.

In my mind that falls under "none of your business".

Simple, when you sign up, you agree to certain terms. If you can't honor your own word, GFY. wink (it helps weed out the cheats, cons, and liars. Folks I wouldn't knowingly do business with anyways.)

Whatever you say.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by KenMi
Ya'll can have the ARs. Played that game once. Sold it and never regretted it. Would rather have 5 rounds of 223 in a bolt action any day.
And, it's about the worst choice for home defense. Some guys wouldn't think of using a 223 for deer, but have no problem choosing it to defend against someone that wants to kill you.

We need more idiots like you. Not. What a dumb azz.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
R
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
I had too many guns that were lost in the boating accident to have a lifetime supply for them all.

Having everything is not as important as having the ability to get it.

I just started this thread to see what everyone thoughts on the subject were.

It isn't energy that kills, its holes.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by KenMi
Ya'll can have the ARs. Played that game once. Sold it and never regretted it. Would rather have 5 rounds of 223 in a bolt action any day.
And, it's about the worst choice for home defense. Some guys wouldn't think of using a 223 for deer, but have no problem choosing it to defend against someone that wants to kill you.

it's actually proven to be great for home defense, and only the ignorant would say .223 is too small for deer. the military uses an almost identical round as well.

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Swung by Rural King for some hardware for a project and there were about 30 folks at the gun counter doing back ground checks. Never seen that many folks at the gun counter there..

IC B2

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
So is the soft gun market going to firm up too?

C
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by WAM
If you need to hoard now, that only means you have been dead to the world for the last 10 years. Your inventory of all things that go bang should be at lifetime supply levels. Happy Trails

Mine is, that is if I'm planning on living to be 350 years old.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Day 26, guy trades his 450 Bushmaster and youngest daughter for a Savage Rascal, box of Yellow Jackets and a can of hickory smoke flavored Spam....

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I need to stock back on freedom seeds and fertilizer. I’ve only got a year or two of pistol ammo loaded, about my minimum stock.

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Day 23 after it happens. Dude says to self, "damn 450 Bushmaster, WTF was I thinking. "

It's a .45cal straight wall cartridge. How hard can that be to reload? It's why I'm looking at reloading in the near future. (Need to make the space for it first, and finish a few projects. Tree is coming down tomorrow.

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

R
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
Just need the smoke flavor. Can make plenty of spam out of.........

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Day 26, guy trades his 450 Bushmaster and youngest daughter for a Savage Rascal, box of Yellow Jackets and a can of hickory smoke flavored Spam....

Don't need a rascal. Have a Glenfield model 60, and a few thousand rounds. Should keep me in small game for a while.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
RMiller2: I have just about a "lifetime" supply of both reloading components (Rifle only - no shotgun or pistol reloading by me) and a lifetime supply of factory rimfire ammunition and a fair amount of shotgun shells and factory centerfire ammo.
That is not to say if things get to looking worse I will buy more.
In direct answer to your question I think a prudent gun owner should start now, accumulating a schitt load of ammo and components.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Day 27, guy says to self, "phugk this ammo sucks!"

--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Just funnin' around..

Poor bastids with the 25 autos will be the first to go!

--- Kid Rock 2022

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
I shot that zombie 7 times and he didn't even flinch! Says the guy that's a zombie now....

--- Kid Rock 2022

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Need to make the space for it first, and finish a few projects.

A bench top about 2x2 is all you need for basic reloading, quit dicking around and get started. I used a chopping block table of that size for about 10 years when I started. It began in the laundry room of a rented house and bloomed in a single wide mobile home. My dog supervised.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

R
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
My 25 auto is my squirrel gun.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Starting with the Klintoon years, when has it NOT been a time to hoard?

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by DigitalDan

Need to make the space for it first, and finish a few projects.

A bench top about 2x2 is all you need for basic reloading, quit dicking around and get started. I used a chopping block table of that size for about 10 years when I started. It began in the laundry room of a rented house and bloomed in a single wide mobile home. My dog supervised.

Lol...baby steps, I know. Just barely got the wife on board as it is. She's not sure having explosives in the house is such a good idea, even if folks have done so for hundreds of years.... wink
I'm sure I will call upon you for advice, when needed. (Assuming it's available)

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

568 members (338rcm, 1minute, 338Rules, 338reddog, 264magnum, 66 invisible), 2,346 guests, and 1,285 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,538
Posts18,491,481
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.