Home
Is it time to start the hoarding or should I wait until a democrat is actually elected president? If they are not elected then there will be no need to hoard right?

I was late in 2008 when Obama got elected and I went into the Wasilla Sportsmans warehouse only to see the entire reloading section being raked into carts by 5-6 guys who bought out everything.

I did manage to snag about 8 thousand F210M and F215M primers of which I still have about two thousand of the F215M left. Of course if I had known better I would have gone straight for the 22 ammo.

Is it two early considering two shootings in two days and the Democrats all promising to ban the bad guns already?
Buy Now.
I never stopped.
Buy now. Something is going to happen and its not going to be good!

And..... awwwwway we go!
I heard some folks bought a lifetime supply of stuff about 10 years ago.
That you asked the question is telling. How many others have pondered the same?
That time was long ago.
Originally Posted by Salmonella
That time was long ago.

Yep
I just don't want to be out of supplies for 5 years like last time.

Although I am probably set up pretty good now.

Except for for a total SHTF situation I need more barbecue sauce recipes and smoker supplies.
Remember that big price drop in ammo after trump.was elected?
That was you queue that it was time to start buying.
Ya'll can have the ARs. Played that game once. Sold it and never regretted it. Would rather have 5 rounds of 223 in a bolt action any day.
And, it's about the worst choice for home defense. Some guys wouldn't think of using a 223 for deer, but have no problem choosing it to defend against someone that wants to kill you.
Does 22lr count? Fuggin squirrels better watch out!
I have more than a lifetimes supply but I'll probably buy more when I go to town Wed.....

After getting caught with my rim fire pants down last time I can't help myself.
Ya'll better jump on thise 100 round drums. LOL
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Originally Posted by Salmonella
That time was long ago.

Yep

Yep.
223, 22, and 12ga
Originally Posted by FieldGrade
I have more than a lifetimes supply but I'll probably buy more when I go to town Wed.....

22lr is cheap now, and available...

There is sign for reading...
I don't need anything but I would still be a dick and scarf up a cartload of .45acp if I knew the local mom and pop LGS was sending Fat Freddie down to corner it.

That and that Skeletor old fugg that used press his face against the glass doors at Academy Sports before they opened. I'd cockblock the fugg outta him on .22 rimfire.
Originally Posted by Sitka deer

22lr is cheap now, and available...

There is sign for reading...

Yep...like I said.....I learned my lesson and need has nothing to do with it.

I'm now one of the hoarders I used to cuss.
My wife claims I've been hoarding for 40 years. Probably right. I really don't need to buy much else. Can always use powder and bullets. Some guns are cute. Probably need more of them. And knives too. Maybe some holsters. And more reloading goodies. And...
Originally Posted by KenMi
Ya'll can have the ARs. Played that game once. Sold it and never regretted it. Would rather have 5 rounds of 223 in a bolt action any day.
And, it's about the worst choice for home defense. Some guys wouldn't think of using a 223 for deer, but have no problem choosing it to defend against someone that wants to kill you.

You win the dumbest post of the week against some tough competition, congrats.

mike r
People who like to bury there heads in the sand always wake up to sand rubbing there ass crack raw

I have a lifetime supply at all time but continue to buy because I plan to shoot at least 3 lifetimes worth of ammo

Trystan
Originally Posted by lvmiker

mike r

Ironically the prize for dumbest post of the week is a box of 5.56 ammo.

mike r

Ironically the dumbest post of the week prize is a box of FMJ 5.56 ammo.

Damnit I about pissed myself laughing!
I just picked up another box of. 450 Bushmaster for the AR Thursday, and a box of 9mil for my CCW. Think another bucket of .22lr will be next.
I was in Rural King when I guy bought the ENTIRE pallet of ammo that had just arrived, sight unseen. He mentioned that any he did not have a use for, would be available on craigslist. later.
Didn't leave a single box for any one else.

A box of 12ga sabots would not be wasted, either.
Originally Posted by kellory
I just picked up another box of. 450 Bushmaster for the AR Thursday, and a box of 9mil for my CCW. Think another bucket of .22lr will be next.
I was in Rural King when I guy bought the ENTIRE pallet of ammo that had just arrived, sight unseen. He mentioned that any he did not have a use for, would be available on craigslist. later.

I bet he was disappointed when he found out that you can't sell firearms or ammo on Craigslist.

I bet he was disappointed when he found out that you can't sell firearms or ammo on Craigslist.

Not by thier rules, true. But do a search of "bang sticks, things that go bang, or just about every caliber and type you want, and see how many adds are more than willing to buy, sell, and trade.
I've personally reported thousands of them, And there are always more.
I texted my brother to buy ammo for his AR. I load for our bolt guns but not the full semi-auto.

P

Not by thier rules, true. But do a search of "bang sticks, things that go bang, or just about every caliber and type you want, and see how many adds are more than willing to buy, sell, and trade.

I was just going by what their website says.

Not sure why you would report folks for doing it though.

In my mind that falls under "none of your business".
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
I texted my brother to buy ammo for his AR. I load for our bolt guns but not the full semi-auto.

P

Is that the one with the shoulder thingy that goes up, and fires bullets at 43 miles per second, as reported?

Simple, when you sign up, you agree to certain terms. If you can't honor your own word, GFY. wink (it helps weed out the cheats, cons, and liars. Folks I wouldn't knowingly do business with anyways.)
Anyone that ask such a question don’t stand a chance
When the chit hits the fan I sure don't want to be rummaging around the wreckage looking for 450 Bushmaster ammo!
I'll have mercy on y'all...don't need anything. 1 pound of powder is 7,000 rounds. Pound of lead is 175 .22 bullets, a half ton will stretch a ways. The other half will load the loudenboomers.

Don't make me pull out the jacketed bullets and bottle neck cases....
If you need to hoard now, that only means you have been dead to the world for the last 10 years. Your inventory of all things that go bang should be at lifetime supply levels. Happy Trails
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
I'll have mercy on y'all...don't need anything. 1 pound of powder is 7,000 rounds. Pound of lead is 175 .22 bullets, a half ton will stretch a ways. The other half will load the loudenboomers.

What do you load with one grain of powder?
The last two years were the time to hoard. Sadly, I think that time is quickly coming to an end.
Originally Posted by WAM
If you need to hoard now, that only means you have been dead to the world for the last 10 years. Your inventory of all things that go bang should be at lifetime supply levels. Happy Trails

A profound statement.
Day 23 after it happens. Dude says to self, "damn 450 Bushmaster, WTF was I thinking. "

Simple, when you sign up, you agree to certain terms. If you can't honor your own word, GFY. wink (it helps weed out the cheats, cons, and liars. Folks I wouldn't knowingly do business with anyways.)

Whatever you say.

We need more idiots like you. Not. What a dumb azz.
I had too many guns that were lost in the boating accident to have a lifetime supply for them all.

Having everything is not as important as having the ability to get it.

I just started this thread to see what everyone thoughts on the subject were.

it's actually proven to be great for home defense, and only the ignorant would say .223 is too small for deer. the military uses an almost identical round as well.
Swung by Rural King for some hardware for a project and there were about 30 folks at the gun counter doing back ground checks. Never seen that many folks at the gun counter there..
So is the soft gun market going to firm up too?
Originally Posted by WAM

Mine is, that is if I'm planning on living to be 350 years old.
Day 26, guy trades his 450 Bushmaster and youngest daughter for a Savage Rascal, box of Yellow Jackets and a can of hickory smoke flavored Spam....
I need to stock back on freedom seeds and fertilizer. I’ve only got a year or two of pistol ammo loaded, about my minimum stock.
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Day 23 after it happens. Dude says to self, "damn 450 Bushmaster, WTF was I thinking. "

It's a .45cal straight wall cartridge. How hard can that be to reload? It's why I'm looking at reloading in the near future. (Need to make the space for it first, and finish a few projects. Tree is coming down tomorrow.
Just need the smoke flavor. Can make plenty of spam out of.........
Day 26, guy trades his 450 Bushmaster and youngest daughter for a Savage Rascal, box of Yellow Jackets and a can of hickory smoke flavored Spam....

Don't need a rascal. Have a Glenfield model 60, and a few thousand rounds. Should keep me in small game for a while.
RMiller2: I have just about a "lifetime" supply of both reloading components (Rifle only - no shotgun or pistol reloading by me) and a lifetime supply of factory rimfire ammunition and a fair amount of shotgun shells and factory centerfire ammo.
That is not to say if things get to looking worse I will buy more.
In direct answer to your question I think a prudent gun owner should start now, accumulating a schitt load of ammo and components.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Day 27, guy says to self, "phugk this ammo sucks!"
Just funnin' around..

Poor bastids with the 25 autos will be the first to go!
I shot that zombie 7 times and he didn't even flinch! Says the guy that's a zombie now....

Need to make the space for it first, and finish a few projects.

A bench top about 2x2 is all you need for basic reloading, quit dicking around and get started. I used a chopping block table of that size for about 10 years when I started. It began in the laundry room of a rented house and bloomed in a single wide mobile home. My dog supervised.
My 25 auto is my squirrel gun.
Starting with the Klintoon years, when has it NOT been a time to hoard?

A bench top about 2x2 is all you need for basic reloading, quit dicking around and get started. I used a chopping block table of that size for about 10 years when I started. It began in the laundry room of a rented house and bloomed in a single wide mobile home. My dog supervised.

Lol...baby steps, I know. Just barely got the wife on board as it is. She's not sure having explosives in the house is such a good idea, even if folks have done so for hundreds of years.... wink
I'm sure I will call upon you for advice, when needed. (Assuming it's available)
I don’t hoard ammo, I hoard components :-)

...... and just a LITTLE bit of rimfire :-)

I bet you always volunteered to be the crossing guard in grade school.
Man on a mission...Teacher, Teacher.
Dude, do you have any 7.62x25 brass, I got a hell of a bargain back in the bright days?
Smokeless powder is a propellant not an explosive.

There be a difference.

There be a difference.

....not when you're talking to a woman who doesn't shoot, doesn't hunt, and would have voted for Hillary if I hadn't talked her out of it. Pick your battles wisely....
Walmart had several people buying. Looked like 5.56 was down, and 7.62x39. Forgot to look at 308
I have a case of 5.56 NATO on the way. Already have a case or two, but for all we know, this stuff will be going through the roof by Monday, or even drying up, depending on what Trump says.

Man on a mission...Teacher, Teacher.[/quote]
I actually was a crossing guard in middle school. We got dismissed early, and were allowed to arrive late to class without problems or passes. Boy scout as well, did volunteer work for first responders training at mock disasters such as plane crashes, and train derailments. Spent time as an explorer after boy scouts. Vollenteered at my church doing maintenance and repair, just because I could, and I couldn't count the number of puppies we've helped out the pound with. Hundreds.
I do side jobs on a handshake basis, and I try to live my life honestly. If you have issues with acting in an honorable way, I don't need your approval, your hurt feelers, or your justifications for your lack of character, just your compliance. If your word is no good, you are not worth my time.
Originally Posted by somebody

I actually was a crossing guard in middle school. We got dismissed early, and were allowed to arrive late to class without problems or passes. Boy scout as well, did volunteer work for first responders training at mock disasters such as plane crashes, and train derailments. Spent time as an explorer after boy scouts. Vollenteered at my church doing maintenance and repair, just because I could, and I couldn't count the number of puppies we've helped out the pound with. Hundreds.
I do side jobs on a handshake basis, and I try to live my life honestly. If you have issues with acting in an honorable way, I don't need your approval, your hurt feelers, or your justifications for your lack of character, just your compliance. If your word is no good, you are not worth my time.

That's pretty heavy for a hording thread. We didn't have crossing guards. You fugged the quotes up.

I’m reminded of several scenes in the movie the Patriot that fit your traitorous ways by spewing sanctimonious bullshit.

You’re hardly a patriot because you fancy yourself as the Craigslist police...congrats, your medal is on its way.

There be a difference.

I figured I should stock up on some sulfur, saltpeter, and I can make the charcoal.

Keep them separate then the little woman don't have to worry 'bout splosives in the house. wink

Geno

PS, you must not have seen the man's question about what do you load with 1gr of powder.
Frogsnacks.

This schit is getting old.
Guns, mags and ammo are cheaper now than any time I can recall but, when the election panic really hits, you can bet your azz there will be deafening cries about all the "price gouging" going on due to the clueless masses sobering up and realizing they've missed the boat AGAIN. There really should be no excuse this time to not have the rifle/pistol/mags/ammo you need but some people just never learn......
Panic buying all over again: GO!!!
Originally Posted by Nebraska
Guns, mags and ammo are cheaper now than any time I can recall but, when the election panic really hits, you can bet your azz there will be deafening cries about all the "price gouging" going on due to the clueless masses sobering up and realizing they've missed the boat AGAIN. There really should be no excuse this time to not have the rifle/pistol/mags/ammo you need but some people just never learn......

I'm so stocked up it's unreal. I went out last time and did some panic buying just to stay in shape. I didn't really need anything. lol
Ok, I'm up just enough to feel like I'm in the game, modestly.

Ordered:
300 rounds 5.56 62gr sp
180 rounds 5.56 75gr T2 bthp
Already have fmj....

Tag, you're it!

(RedFlagDisclaimer. This is not an indication of a plot nor a threat to anyone, don't call the Sheriff.)
Ok, I'm up just enough to feel like I'm in the game, modestly.

Ordered:
300 rounds 5.56 62gr sp
180 rounds 5.56 75gr bthp
Already have fmj....

Tag, you're it!

(RedFlagDisclaimer. This is not an indication of a plot nor a threat to anyone, don't call the Sheriff.)

My son used to shoot that many AR rounds before he settled down and even considered accuracy!
1k rounds in a day was ordinary...
These aren't for plinking, just killing. LOL

(RedFlagDisclaimer Yada yada)

That's pretty heavy for a hording thread. We didn't have crossing guards. You fugged the quotes up.

It had too many quotes, so the system wouldn't post it, so I cut and pasted. Deal with it.
Originally Posted by Valsdad
I figured I should stock up on some sulfur, saltpeter, and I can make the charcoal.

Keep them separate then the little woman don't have to worry 'bout splosives in the house. wink

Geno

Better keep her happy or it'll end up in your food. That'll cut down on those 'splosives.
Originally Posted by AcesNeights

I’m reminded of several scenes in the movie the Patriot that fit your traitorous ways by spewing sanctimonious bullshit.

You’re hardly a patriot because you fancy yourself as the Craigslist police...congrats, your medal is on its way.

Sir, in truth, I haven't been on Craigslist myself in several years. Too many flakes, liars and thieves . I lost my account, when I scared a predator who was hurting people, and thought it was the funniest thing to watch 'em run. I could have easily used a sock puppet for a new account, as so many do, but that would be a lie, and it just wasn't worth it.
Is it time to start hoarding............don't know, I never stopped.
When in doubt, scream and shout.
Originally Posted by RJL53
So is the soft gun market going to firm up too?

If your talking about Semi-auto rifles Frankly I think it got saturated during the Obama era. I can only go by my own experience with people I know. Prior to Obama that many owned ARs . Not that many don't own them I know now. Most don't want more than one and some ammo.
Cheap accurate bolt actions have flooded and continue to flood the general market i think this effects even the more expensive firearms.

And why daphuk would you do that? You're just supporting the anti's agenda when you do that.

It had too many quotes, so the system wouldn't post it, so I cut and pasted. Deal with it.

As is plainly apparent, I did. grin
Originally Posted by Triggernosis

And why daphuk would you do that? You're just supporting the anti's agenda when you do that.

No sir, you are not. You are complying with the rules that were in effect when you signed up to use that site, which is a business and has the right to limit what is allowed. If you use the site in a fraudulent manner, it is you who are in the wrong. Just like using a pic hosting site that expressly says "do not use this site to host for pics to be posted on other websites. (Tinypics) (or words to that effect)
Or using paypal gift to avoid paying earned fees. It's a lie, and theft. Neither will I do. If we do business at any time, it will be legit and above board, or not at all. I have no issues following the rules for any service I have contracted to use. That's part of the cost of doing business.

No sir, you are not. You are complying with the rules that were in effect when you signed up to use that site, which is a business and has the right to limit what is allowed. If you use the site in a fraudulent manner, it is you who are in the wrong. Just like using a pic hosting site that expressly says "do not use this site to host for pics to be posted on other websites. (Tinypics) (or words to that effect)
Or using paypal gift to avoid paying earned fees. It's a lie, and theft. Neither will I do. If we do business at any time, it will be legit and above board, or not at all. I have no issues following the rules for any service I have contracted to use. That's part of the cost of doing business.

You're kidding, right? Using PayPal friends and family is not theft. It costs them nothing and you don't get buyer protection from them. Whatever floats your boat.
Does 22lr count? Fuggin squirrels better watch out!

22s, squirrels and now I'm hungry. F autofage.
Originally Posted by nighthawk
Originally Posted by Valsdad

Geno

Better keep her happy or it'll end up in your food. That'll cut down on those 'splosives.

eek

We're old, so we probably wouldn't even notice. grin

Geno
I've got what I need. That's not the same as I got what I want.
Originally Posted by tdbob
I've got what I need. That's not the same as I got what I want.

Same here. I only need some components. I want so much more but reality sets in and I find I am self moderating.

kwg

You're kidding, right? Using PayPal friends and family is not theft. It costs them nothing and you don't get buyer protection from them. Whatever floats your boat.

There are cost associated with every sevice by every company, even if it is just an hourly employee who routes the mail, or the IT guy who wrote the program, the electric bill for the servers, or the bandwidth used in a manner not allowed by the provider. But I digress, I said "Gift", which it clearly is not. Friends and family doesn't provide buyer protection because you shouldn't need it with a known quantity and a family member, so you are assuming all risks. It's PROVIDED free of charge, as a leader, an incentive, to draw in new business. That cost is absorbed as the cost of thier business, but it is never really "free".
Using it in a fraudulent manner is theft of service.

There are cost associated with every sevice by every company, even if it is just an hourly employee who routes the mail, or the IT guy who wrote the program, the electric bill for the servers, or the bandwidth used in a manner not allowed by the provider. But I digress, I said "Gift", which it clearly is not. Friends and family doesn't provide buyer protection because you shouldn't need it with a known quantity and a family member, so you are assuming all risks. It's PROVIDED free of charge, as a leader, an incentive, to draw in new business. That cost is absorbed as the cost of thier business, but it is never really "free".

Wow.....!! That's deep.....

You are wrong. It's a purely automated transfer. You know less than chit about it. Fuggin self-proclaimed doogooder. Dad and grandpa both warned about guys like you. Cheers.
Did you turn in Bristoe's neighbor?
I think it was secretly Bristoe.
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
I think it was secretly Bristoe.

Rut roe! There's lead in them words!
You are wrong. It's a purely automated transfer. You know less than chit about it. Fuggin self-proclaimed doogooder. Dad and grandpa both warned about guys like you. Cheers. [/quote]
....and who paid for that automation? Did it spring forth from Zeus's forehead like his children? Or was a programmer involved, at craigslist's expense, ro make that feature work? You are blowing smoke. There is no dodging the fact, that all costs of running the business of craigslist is covered by craigslist, and nothing is ever truly "free".
Even the expression "there's no such thing as a free lunch " derives from the fact that the Church would feed you, but you had to listen to a sermon while you ate.
Just got back from Bud's. No shortages evident from his inventory.
My guess is that some retailers, (you know the one,(s), are reprinting the sales and catalog price lists in anticipation.
You are wrong. It's a purely automated transfer. You know less than chit about it. Fuggin self-proclaimed doogooder. Dad and grandpa both warned about guys like you. Cheers.

....and who paid for that automation? Did it spring forth from Zeus's forehead like his children? Or was a programmer involved, at craigslist's expense, ro make that feature work? You are blowing smoke. There is no dodging the fact, that all costs of running the business of craigslist is covered by craigslist, and nothing is ever truly "free".
Even the expression "there's no such thing as a free lunch " derives from the fact that the Church would feed you, but you had to listen to a sermon while you ate.[/quote]
Stop phucqking the quotes up ya weirdo. LOL
Blah, blah blah.

Blah, blah BLAH!

BLAH BLAH!!

You are all hereby ordered to purchase 10,000 .22 LR rounds, 18,000 primers of assorted styles congruent with your inventory, 50 pounds of powder and 5,000 bullets.
If you’re just now thinking about it, you’re BEHIND!
Blah, blah blah.

Blah, blah BLAH!

BLAH BLAH!!

You are all hereby ordered to purchase 10,000 .22 LR rounds, 18,000 primers of assorted styles congruent with your inventory, 50 pounds of powder and 5,000 bullets.

Fugg. I dont have that kind of money!
Did you turn in Bristoe's neighbor?

laffing 👍😂
Just ordered 1500 rds .22lr from brownells.Free shipping
Originally Posted by xmarine6970

Not that Thunderbolt crap, I hope.
NO aquila

Did you forget a zero on that order?
I need to get some odds & ends yet but already placed an order on sunday morning! need to check on my primers see what I need to get!
I need to get some odds & ends yet but already placed an order on sunday morning! need to check on my primers see what I need to get!
Originally Posted by RMiller2
Is it time to start the hoarding or should I wait until a democrat is actually elected president? If they are not elected then there will be no need to hoard right?

I was late in 2008 when Obama got elected and I went into the Wasilla Sportsmans warehouse only to see the entire reloading section being raked into carts by 5-6 guys who bought out everything.

I did manage to snag about 8 thousand F210M and F215M primers of which I still have about two thousand of the F215M left. Of course if I had known better I would have gone straight for the 22 ammo.

Is it two early considering two shootings in two days and the Democrats all promising to ban the bad guns already?

It's already started... Took a peek over on SPS site. In essence, 7 of 11 options for loaded .223 ammo are sold out (one option only has 1 box left in stock). Likewise, 19 of 24 options for .224" bullets are sold out. All of the cheap ammo. Most of the cheap bullets. Gone.
Originally Posted by Orion2000

It's already started... Took a peek over on SPS site. In essence, 7 of 11 options for loaded .223 ammo are sold out (one option only has 1 box left in stock). Likewise, 19 of 24 options for .224" bullets are sold out. All of the cheap ammo. Most of the cheap bullets. Gone.

Ordered a case of a thousand 5.56 Federal 55 gainers last night. Should be here in a day or two.
Great idea genius, let's return to $75.00/brick .22 ammo and unobtanium reloading supplies. Brilliant idea and what would that accomplish besides shooting ourselves in the foot?

I'll have to add another room..............

Target Sports or PSA daily deal for ammo

I like this 22 LR ammo

[Linked Image]
Blah, blah blah.

Blah, blah BLAH!

BLAH BLAH!!

Lol...wish that was possible. I'll keep plodding along as the funds allow. Now have two new gun lockers installed, need to start filling 'em. (My old gun locker was in need of replacement)
Originally Posted by gunswizard
Great idea genius, let's return to $75.00/brick .22 ammo and unobtanium reloading supplies. Brilliant idea and what would that accomplish besides shooting ourselves in the foot?

But sir, ...we'd need ammo for that..... wink
I saw a guy at the county fair on Saturday He was open carrying a Glock.
Who do you shoot at the Midway?

didn't have an FN 40 Compact.........

but ordered one today

[Linked Image]

Do you wonder if you should jump in the stock market at 27,000 also?

You might want to check your pounds to rounds calculation.
Blah, blah blah.

Blah, blah BLAH!

BLAH BLAH!!

Done, I did it when there was no crisis.
Originally Posted by Craigster

It lessens recoil considerably.
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Remember that big price drop in ammo after trump was elected?
That was you queue that it was time to start buying.
Cue?

I used to C-clamp my press to the kitchen table when that's all the room I had.
Originally Posted by reivertom
I never stopped.

^^^

Most accurate ammo I ever came up with was at the kitchen table. Guess that Savage 12BVSS 22-250 was an accurate SOB too.

All a guy needs is a Lee Loader, a stump, and a rock. Adapt and overcome.

Semper Fi
Originally Posted by Pat85

Do you wonder if you should jump in the stock market at 27,000 also?

Don't know anything about the stock market.
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

I have never had a problem with any brand of rimfire ammo.
I did my part this evening. Last time this crap started I went without Unique for something like 6 years, and a couple of my other favorites were hard to get. I only bought 4 pounds, but that should keep all my guns fairly happy(with what I already have) . I may not be able to blaze through 5k rounds of 9mm next year, but I'll get by.

Semper Fi

I used to load .38 Special with those when I first started shooting handguns at age 19. Worked fine.
After conversing with a friend this morning and doing a quick inventory pistol bullets seems to be what I need. Have 1000 primed 45 acp cases and 300 bullets so need more bullets. Also need pistol primers and a bit more pistol powder. Thinking 1000 rounds of 7.62x51 lake city might be nice for the M1A Scout just in case.

Semper Fi

I used to load .38 Special with those when I first started shooting handguns at age 19. Worked fine.

I've compared ammo loaded with a Lee Loader to ammo loaded with high $ Redding dies.

Guess what...
The manufacturers and retailers have to be rubbing their hands in delight.

7000 gr to a pound....1 gr loads the .22 GTC. 40 grain cast bullet is 175/pound.
Isn't the .22 GTC a little gay?
Oh, don't forget Academy does free shipping over $25. Can't be a money maker, but, they do it.
Oh yeah, I forgot, everybody's got o a 22 GTC layin' around.

Theyre ok for soup cans at 10 yards
Originally Posted by slumlord

28 or 32oz?
long time ago i was having a conversation over the phone with a guy in the midwest, i was buying a left handed p6 shoulder holster formerly in west german police use. I mentioned at the time during one of the scares how the price of ammo went up. I think a case of 7.62x51 was running about 700 dollars locally, hard to take when at one time you could get it for about 140dollars. He was snickering that he had bought a garage full of it at the lower price, and just got through selling the last case at the higher price. His wife was on his butt when he bought it, but not when he sold it.
I do remember at the start of desert storm I i went into dillon's to buy some primers and bullets. no go. they had just recieved the day before a directive those were being redirected for the war effort. I really didn't need them at the time anyway. I do remember when the thing was lifted i could get 1000 55grain fmj .223 bullets for about 25bucks. They don't go bad in storage. and what are they priced at now.
same with a lot of other stuff. It's inflation protection if nothing else.
One should not get caught short.
Back when the 22rf shortage was going on and the stuff was going (around here) for $100 + a brick I told my wife I could have taken what I had to the gun shows and made some serious money.

Her response? "Well then, you wouldn't have any 22 ammo."
Isn't the .22 GTC a little gay?

[Linked Image]
In anticipation of what transpired during the Obama administration, every gun show I attended I came home with a pound of powder and 1K primers. When .22RF was $75/brick if you could find it, I bartered for a supply that should last me as long as I am able to shoot. So no plans for any panic buying this go around.

28 or 32oz?[/quote]

Nursing home, prison kitchen size.

I overloaded the quote, anyway
Just bought 27 boxes/1350 17 HMR, 600 cb caps, 13+ bricks/6650 22 LR, 4 bricks/2000 22 mag, and a couple sleeves of rimfire shotshells to add to my stash. Got it thru a friend for $400. Too good to pass up.
Happy Birthday Roy!
Don't know if it's time to start hoarding but my son's birthday is coming up and he's getting a new DPMS... Anyone hears of any good deals on 5.56 or 223 ammo I'd sure appreciate a heads up.
Originally Posted by JTman
Don't know if it's time to start hoarding but my son's birthday is coming up and he's getting a new DPMS... Anyone hears of any good deals on 5.56 or 223 ammo I'd sure appreciate a heads up.

1k of XM193 American Eagle at Palmetto $259.99 after rebate plus shipping.

I thought this was interesting enough for 62 gr SP, shipped free, $54.99/150. (I haven't much interest in getting more FMJ).
https://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/ho...n-spire-point-rifle-ammunition-117625602

One of the many places that has sales on the Hornady Frontier stuff. I did not opt for the 55gr HP but it's fairly cheap at 35cents. I got some 75gr BTSP T2 coming to try in my 1 in 7" FN15, most places are OOS. They have the 68 also and bunches of FMJ. (Shipping seems to bump up $5 more after 9 boxes, and again after 18 boxes).
https://www.sportsmansoutdoorsuperstore.com/products2.cfm/ID/206776

Several places have Norma 55gr FMJ cheap. May be worth it for the brass. For example $269 per 1000 at Target Sports, shipped.
https://www.targetsportsusa.com/norma-usa-tac-223-remington-ammo-55-grain-fmj-p-4282.aspx

I do not follow this, just looked to buy some SP and HP to have around, in case there's a mad rush..
Originally Posted by navlav8r
If you’re just now thinking about it, you’re BEHIND!

I agree. Having been through several shortages and not having to pay inflated prices or stop shooting during any of them, I try to stay stocked up.
If you didn't learn from the last time you deserve to go w/out.

mike r
If you didn't learn from the last time you deserve to go w/out.

mike r

Exactly!
Originally Posted by teamprairiedog

1k of XM193 American Eagle at Palmetto $259.99 after rebate plus shipping.

I thought this was interesting enough for 62 gr SP, shipped free, $54.99/150. (I haven't much interest in getting more FMJ).
https://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/ho...n-spire-point-rifle-ammunition-117625602

One of the many places that has sales on the Hornady Frontier stuff. I did not opt for the 55gr HP but it's fairly cheap at 35cents. I got some 75gr BTSP T2 coming to try in my 1 in 7" FN15, most places are OOS. They have the 68 also and bunches of FMJ. (Shipping seems to bump up $5 more after 9 boxes, and again after 18 boxes).
https://www.sportsmansoutdoorsuperstore.com/products2.cfm/ID/206776

Several places have Norma 55gr FMJ cheap. May be worth it for the brass. For example $269 per 1000 at Target Sports, shipped.
https://www.targetsportsusa.com/norma-usa-tac-223-remington-ammo-55-grain-fmj-p-4282.aspx

I do not follow this, just looked to buy some SP and HP to have around, in case there's a mad rush..

Thanks much guys, I'll check these out tomorrow and order some ammo!
I don't need anything but I would still be a dick and scarf up a cartload of .45acp if I knew the local mom and pop LGS was sending Fat Freddie down to corner it.

That and that Skeletor old fugg that used press his face against the glass doors at Academy Sports before they opened. I'd cockblock the fugg outta him on .22 rimfire.

THATTA BOY!!!!!!!!!! Hate those neckbeard SOBs

PSA

Federal 62 gr $249/1k after rebate.
Originally Posted by local_dirt

PSA

Do you have a link for that? I saw the 55gr for 259/1k after rebate, but I'm not seeing the 62gr... just the 420 rounds for 128.99 and the deal for the 1k rounds and 10 mags for 372.99
I went and bought a small handgun today since the govt is trying to decide whether or not they should ignore the constitution. Get em while you can.
I'm buying 7X57R and short 16ga ammo like crazy. Yah just never know, and I need to be well armed for the onslaught. Extended magazines for my drillings are impossible to find now. Word must have gotten out. frown frown

PSA

Do you have a link for that? I saw the 55gr for 259/1k after rebate, but I'm not seeing the 62gr... just the 420 rounds for 128.99 and the deal for the 1k rounds and 10 mags for 372.99

https://palmettostatearmory.com/ame...tm_content=Palmetto+Browse+Abandonment+2

I would also be seriously looking at those xm193's that prairiedog mentioned

PSA

Thank you, I wonder why it wouldn't come up on the search I did at PSA? I think I'm going to go with the XM193's anyway.

EDIT: Check that... with tax and shipping I may as well buy them at Walmart.
Originally Posted by luv2safari
I'm buying 7X57R and short 16ga ammo like crazy. Yah just never know, and I need to be well armed for the onslaught. Extended magazines for my drillings are impossible to find now. Word must have gotten out. frown frown

This guy ^^^ Making Self Defense Classy.
Blah, blah blah.

Blah, blah BLAH!

BLAH BLAH!!

On hand:
.22 LR- 25,000 (yea, I hoarded)
.45 acp- Enough components for 10,000 rds. + 1,000 loaded rds.
5.56- 1,000 loaded rds.
.243.- Components and powder for 700 rds. + 100 loaded
.30-30- " for 300 rds. + 100 loaded
.30-06- " for 400 rds. + 100 loaded
.375 H&H- " for 200 rds.+ 100 loaded
.357 Mag- " for 5,000 rds. + 1,000 loaded

I am good for quite a while. I will not get caught short again!! Best of luck to you all.

PSA

Thank you, I wonder why it wouldn't come up on the search I did at PSA? I think I'm going to go with the XM193's anyway.

EDIT: Check that... with tax and shipping I may as well buy them at Walmart.

Good call on the xm193's, though.
I have kept enough since horney Bill and dog face were in the white house!
© 24hourcampfire