Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by victoro
"I've given a schidt load of insulin to skinny people."

I've never known a skinny person that Type 2 diabetes. I worked with one diabetic guy that looked skinny because he had no muscle tissue but he had fat around his belly and was an alcoholic.

I have seen many...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Originally Posted by victoro
"I've given a schidt load of insulin to skinny people."

I've never known a skinny person that Type 2 diabetes. I worked with one diabetic guy that looked skinny because he had no muscle tissue but he had fat around his belly and was an alcoholic.

I have seen many...

Are you sure they are all Type II?

I’ve seen many diabetics and the only thin ones I recall are Type I. Not saying it’s not so, but my observation.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Yup, and I know a few type I.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
OK, I listened to it all. Nothing ground breaking or earth shattering there. There is no 100% known truth of what causes insulin resistance. Many assume it’s our increased diet of refined foods. That’s really not a new way of thinking. Cut out the corn syrup and limit how much food you eat that comes in a box/bag. Cook with actual meat and vegetables. Still won’t reduce your risk to nothing as diabetes has always been around.

Try to eat right. Exercise. Hope you have great genetics. If those don’t work, look for a doc you trust. Contrary to some opinions, I’ve yet to work with a doc who gives one [bleep] about big pharma, so every doc out there isn’t just doing what makes someone else rich.

My experience is it’s 50/50 if a patient will stick to a decent diet or not. Diabetes patients can be extremely frustrating to treat as some just want drugs to make up for their bad diet. You're stuck with watching them kill themselves quickly without your help or slowly with your help. My goal is always to get people off drugs or use less, but that not always the patients. Current guidelines are for 3-6 months of behavior modification prior to starting any drugs. Those who are motivated to make changes often need less drugs or no drugs at all.

Don't just be a survivor, be a competitor.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

234 members (204guy, 1_deuce, 10gaugemag, 260Remguy, 257_X_50, 27 invisible), 2,047 guests, and 1,061 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,747
Posts18,495,191
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.