Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 13 14
E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
No idea what I could or couldn’t do in any given situation. As a father of young children I am with Rocky Raab.

On the other hand, I have absolutely no doubt that more good guys with guns anywhere anytime is good not bad.

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by deltakid
I paraphrase Clint Smith - a pistol is used to fight your way to your rifle.

Yeah, his rifle. wink

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
In most cases, just engaging a mass shooter will stop the killing because most of them are not mentally prepared for a gunfight. That said, carrying a gun for self defense is very different than being a LEO. The average armed citizen is under no obligation to confront a mass shooter and most probably wouldn't unless there is no other choice. You would want to have good handgun skills to go up against a rifle. Ultimately, it depends on the individual and the exact situation.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
In Texas I am surprised that there was not a side-armed citizen response.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

W
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
Apparently there was one guy armed who chose to take the time to move some children out of the line of fire.

IC B2

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
our problem as a society we don’t want to say anything. Most just want to avoid confrontation with people. So with that, how many people saw this guy walking towards the store with the rifle ear muffs on? I guess as a society we see so many ph ucking screwballs we/they just chalk it up as nothing. Hell look at the picture rehegade50 posted of ziggi stardust at cicci pizza. Anyhow no one said anything, would that would of helped? Who knows but saying something to a guy could of threw him off his plan.. but when one is getting shot it tends to make you rethink shooting up a store or public gathering.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Are you asking could I have stopped it, or would I have tried?

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
I think so. I am in that store several times a week. Know the layout. It is right across the freeway from my business. Shoot competitively several times per month. My S&W 40 is very accurate. Last two coyotes were shot at 40 and 85 yards.
John

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Tough question. Easy to be a side line quarterback and offer advice. Frankly I don’t know what I would do. If I were slightly hidden and had a good shot opportunity would take it. My biggest concern would be if a LEO or other person carrying thought I was connected to the shooter.
It’s a tough call and so many things could alter my decision.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
My family is grown and out of the nest. I'm getting older and got good life insurance.

If I was with my granddaughter I would probably be all about getting her out of danger.

Otherwise I would like to think I would run towards the sound of gunfire, to do what I could. Dying trying at this point would be a good way to go out if it came to that..

Never has happened tho so I have no way of knowing how I would react..

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
IC B3

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
It is impossible to predict a future situation and the appropriate response. If using the El Paso example the variables will affect your choices. If you are w/ loved ones you must 1st protect them, escape if possible, kill the threat if escape is not an option. If you don't train seriously to respond effectively you will probably fail.

Unless you are a fool that believes that it can't happen to me you can prepare yourself to have choices. Choice#1`Commit to training until you have proven yourself effective. Choice#2 Admit that you are willing to let yourself and your loved ones be victims and pray for mercy.

Ancient platitudes such as fighting to your rifle ignores the fact that the threat situation creates the choices available to you. I always have a Glock 19 and an extra mag on my person. I don't like leaving my AR unattended in my car, ergo I devote the vast majority of my training effort to problem solving with the Glock.

Planning to succeed is essential. Then work the plan to failure and improve as necessary, you are never "good enough"

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Pat85
What would Scot Peterson do??

Secure the parking lot?

Ed

A person who asks a question is a fool for 5 minutes the person who never asks is a fool forever.

The worst slaves are those that put the chains on themselves.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Do you guys ever get tired of being trolled?

The OP doesn't post on here except on the freakshow and even then is just with posts such as this to provoke responses.

Exhibit A: How many times since the original post has he posted on this thread?

MAGA
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I would honestly like to think I would at least engage, but realistically most of us are not mentally prepared for that type of situation. You have to sort out in your mind that there is a bad guy killing people, locate the bad guy, and confront them while being sure they need to be dead and understanding you are way under gunned. That's a completely different response than most self defensive situations we train for. I'm going to guess my response would not be fast or any where near perfect, and I would be chitting myself the whole time. I really think you have to train for that scenario to be anywhere close to effective. And don't forget to add to fact you might be a target by a leo or other good guy because you have a gun and there is a active shooter that might be you.

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You wait hidden from the shooter watching until you can ambush him from close up. Then blast him, making sure to hit him in the head and pelvis area.

[Linked Image from ]
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Hard to say. You never get the fight you want, you get the fight you get, and you have to be prepared for anything.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff

The OP doesn't post on here except on the freakshow and even then is just with posts such as this to provoke responses.

Not arguing the Troll status, but I believe every time something like this happens prob'ly most everyone who carries wonders what they would have done if they had been there.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff

Not arguing the Troll status, but I believe every time something like this happens prob'ly most everyone who carries wonders what they would have done if they had been there.

Oh, I'm not saying it's not a valid question at all. Simply the source. If you pay attention to his/her posts they are written to elicit a response. As if he/she were intentionally stirring the pot and recording the answers.

Wasn't a post by a normal person nor worded as such.

MAGA
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Truth, he is a creep and I am guilty as charged.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Starman
I mean look at the serious weight of the LE response:

https://images.app.goo.gl/MHBZzPfbFuzx3aTF7

How many cooks does it take to spoil a broth?

That is why they are walking in there like it is a parade after everything is all over. They stop on the way to put on every "tactical" gadget MY money can buy them.

When SHTF, you are on your own with what you brought with you. Think about that when are looking through the feather light derringer combination key fob and EDC department.

""Mute the Greeniacs. Open the pipeline. Bury the Russians." - JPR - 2022
Page 3 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 13 14

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

567 members (10gaugemag, 160user, 1234, 10ring1, 1lessdog, 1beaver_shooter, 58 invisible), 2,500 guests, and 1,209 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,063
Posts18,482,486
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.