Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
If Trump really wants to F with them he needs to spend billions buying Brazilian , Argentinian , and Australian soy and grain. Tie up the rest of the worlds supply and force the humiliation of China by forcing them to buy the only available food. Products of the USA.

‘TO LEARN WHO RULES OVER YOU, SIMPLY FIND OUT WHO YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO CRITICIZE’

Conspiracy theorists are the ones who see it all coming…

You are the carbon they want to eliminate !

I’m Uber Deplorable Ultra MAGA !

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
This is literally the last card they can play. By the way for all the nambi pambies who said Trump was lying when he said that. China would pay the tariffs...this is how China pays the tariffs. It’s a fire sale on Chinese goods.

If you want an analogy to recent events, the closest thing that has happened like this recently is a few years ago when Saudi Arabia opened the taps in an attempt to kill off the US oil boom. Despite lots of wailing a gnashing of teeth, that didn’t work and either will this.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
China is probably willing to stick it to their people more than our politicians are willing to stick it to us. The rest of the world will be buying China's goods while we are in a trade war. I do think moving manufacturing to other places with cheap labor is going to happen, but that takes time.

I don't see how China would lose the US supply chain, it's just going to cost more for their goods in this country. I don't see services like supply chain being affected by that. Maybe something I don't fully understand.

Still, China holds out till Trump is out and this all ends.

Well, we don't rent pigs, and it's better to say it right up front because a man who does like to rent pigs is — well, he's hard to stop.
B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by Daveinjax
If Trump really wants to F with them he needs to spend billions buying Brazilian , Argentinian , and Australian soy and grain. Tie up the rest of the worlds supply and force the humiliation of China by forcing them to buy the only available food. Products of the USA.

Trump would also have to buy up Russia's grain production. Russia is ramping up grain production to replace the U.S. grain exports that China has put a 25% tariff on.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by Dutch
I've been pondering about the phrase "China is devaluing the Renminbi".

When you look closely at the current exchange rates, what you see is that the "in-China" rates are 6.92, but the OUTSIDE China rates are all the way down to 7.07 or even more.

What does that mean?

One, to me, it indicates this is not something that China may be doing deliberately. Fixing exchange rates takes enormous amounts of foreign currency. Once the traders figure out the equilibrium price is lower than the fixed price, they start trading the other direction, on the chance that the governments can't keep up. Fortunes used to be made this way. Can the Chinese government carry that kind of currency pressure? I doubt it. No government has ever been able to.

Second, the lower rate of exchange outside of China indicates there is a very large amount of Renminbi flowing "escaping" China. As in, anyone with money is trying to get it out of China as fast as they can. For years, anyone with money in China has been trying to get it out of the country. Once currencies start devaluing, that pressure greatly, GREATLY increases.

In my estimation, China had to let go of its exchange rate because the pressure got too high, and China is losing copious amounts of capital in a full on capital flight. That can throw a stick in the spokes of any economy.....

We might be short some toys and have to wait a week or two to get the latest Iphone. Not the same level of problems.

Smart man ^ . The capital outflows will accelerate as the Chinese try to run their internal economy by command to keep unemployment from skyrocketing. They could dump every dime of their dollar holdings trying to support the yuan and suppress the dollar and they’d be broke in days. The Bank of England tried this way back in the 80’s and made Soros a multi billionaire.

‘TO LEARN WHO RULES OVER YOU, SIMPLY FIND OUT WHO YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO CRITICIZE’

IC B2

B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by JoeBob
This is literally the last card they can play.

China can stop buying U.S. debt, also.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Bristoe

We buy most of our own debt. As of May China owned $1.1 trillion of the $4.1 trillion owned by foreign governments. Our government owns the other $18 trillion in US debt.

Last edited by JoeBob; 08/05/19.
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by WoodrowFCall
China is probably willing to stick it to their people more than our politicians are willing to stick it to us. The rest of the world will be buying China's goods while we are in a trade war. I do think moving manufacturing to other places with cheap labor is going to happen, but that takes time.

I don't see how China would lose the US supply chain, it's just going to cost more for their goods in this country. I don't see services like supply chain being affected by that. Maybe something I don't fully understand.

There’s a lot of places to build cheap chit cheap. The Chinese made it very easy to buy from them and subsidized the entry into markets. Now , with access becoming more costly with tariffs and more politically unstable companies will make the effort to invest in production elsewhere. As momentum builds in this direction it will not be possible for the Chinese to turn it around. Vietnam is already exploding with new manufacturing. Mexico has a new agreement and will be more enticing as a manufacturing location vs a pass through. Brazil will benefit. Once this really gets going it won’t matter if Trump is still in the Whitehouse. I’m all for cranking up this trade war another couple of notches. Let’s jack the tariffs up to 50% and start sanctioning the CCP leadership for human rights abuses. I’ll enjoy watching the Chinese run around screaming with their hair on fire. They really have no leverage at all. We don’t need them at all in the long run. One of our biggest allies, Japan, will begin to grow again with all the banking fleeing Hong Kong for a safe place to work from. Singapore will be another big winner at Chinese expense. The Chinese are nothing but thieving thugs and they’re about to get what they deserve.

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
turning the heat up several more knotches etc. in for a nickel, in for a dollar.

kinda scary compared to smooth sailing, but we were getting taken to the cleaners.

got to heat it up enough to allow the bonds of the chains to become melted and unglued.

allow new linkages to occur. there'll be plenty of water over onboard, but it's necessary now.

this unfortunate series of events have been brewing for near decades. china knew their advantage.

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
You see human nature here. Last night everyone was afraid of being shot in a mass shooting..............now people are worried about the price of food and clothes.

IC B3

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D

We buy most of our own debt. As of May China owned $1.1 trillion of the $4.1 trillion owned by foreign governments. Our government owns the other $18 trillion in US debt.

There’s plenty of market for discounted US Treasury bills and nothing would scream desperation and defeat like selling off T-Bills at a discount. We’re the worlds reserve currency and there’s no alternative. Just ask the Iranians , Russians , and everyone else we’ve sanctioned.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Avoid cheap Chinese crap and wean yourself from using google.

Communists are not concerned how hungry their people become.

Don't ask me about my military service or heroic acts...most of it is untrue.

Pronoun: Yes, SIR !
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

There’s plenty of market for discounted US Treasury bills and nothing would scream desperation and defeat like selling off T-Bills at a discount. We’re the worlds reserve currency and there’s no alternative. Just ask the Iranians , Russians , and everyone else we’ve sanctioned.

Yep

Carpe' Scrotum
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The Chinese make much or most of the prescription medicine active ingredients, electronic components, vehicle and machine parts in "U.S. made products"

abusus non tollit usum
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
it is my limited understanding that they (china) are working hard to enter the european car mkt with electric cars.

after a foothold there, they're interested in the american market.

but first we have to add more electric charging units.

it comes down to who can make the stuff the cheapest, then ship it to a final user that can afford to buy it.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
If they were allowed, the Chinese could dominate the U.S. auto market.
No one's buying electric cars (other than for status/virtue signaling) unless/until they're forced to do so.

Last edited by night_owl; 08/05/19.

abusus non tollit usum
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Would love to see Trump "Peg" tariffs to Chinese currency. When they drop their Yuan valuation, our tariffs go up an equal amount.

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by WoodrowFCall

There’s a lot of places to build cheap chit cheap. The Chinese made it very easy to buy from them and subsidized the entry into markets. Now , with access becoming more costly with tariffs and more politically unstable companies will make the effort to invest in production elsewhere. As momentum builds in this direction it will not be possible for the Chinese to turn it around. Vietnam is already exploding with new manufacturing. Mexico has a new agreement and will be more enticing as a manufacturing location vs a pass through. Brazil will benefit. Once this really gets going it won’t matter if Trump is still in the Whitehouse. I’m all for cranking up this trade war another couple of notches. Let’s jack the tariffs up to 50% and start sanctioning the CCP leadership for human rights abuses. I’ll enjoy watching the Chinese run around screaming with their hair on fire. They really have no leverage at all. We don’t need them at all in the long run. One of our biggest allies, Japan, will begin to grow again with all the banking fleeing Hong Kong for a safe place to work from. Singapore will be another big winner at Chinese expense. The Chinese are nothing but thieving thugs and they’re about to get what they deserve.

Thanks for the input.

Well, we don't rent pigs, and it's better to say it right up front because a man who does like to rent pigs is — well, he's hard to stop.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Attention LIBTARDOS had Hillary [bleep]-on won the WH we would not be having this trade war. We would have signed on to the TPP. Think about that for a minute

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
China is like a manufacturing Borg turned loose on the world. Frick them and the long they rode in on.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

501 members (12344mag, 1badf350, 10gaugemag, 1234, 17CalFan, 007FJ, 62 invisible), 2,410 guests, and 1,215 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,017
Posts18,500,387
Members73,986
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.