-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 14 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 13 14
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
If I have no other option I will fight. If the option to shelter in place is valid I would take it. I am not a trained LEO and am not an expert shot with my CC which I carry as a last resort. The possibility of wounding an innocent bystander as well as being mistakenly shot by a cop as the perp would be a deterrent. I have saved lives on 2 different occasion so I am willing to risk it when all other options aren't there.

living the good life every day

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
No one really knows what they're capable of until actually put in a situation. I know what I think I would do. I hope I never have to find out.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Formidilosus
The response to this question shows just how few men are left.

Any male that would save himself while innocent people are being harmed, whether armed or not, is an embarrassment to his ancestors. He will never be able to die well regardless of what he does after the event, and everyone- his wife, daughter, sons, family and friends will know he is a coward.

This.

If I ran away from women and children getting killed, everything, EVERYTHING I swore an oath to means nothing. I don't see that happening.

I live across the street from a elementary school, where my youngest daughter went to school. I work mostly from home as an engineer. And, I am certain that if I hear shooting over there, I will grab an AR and get on the phone to the local PD, running to save those kids, while refusing their orders to wait for the police to "handle it."

I might get shot and killed by the popo because they don't know I'm the good guy. But no innocents will be harmed on my watch if I am in a position to do anything about it.

The saying below is copied everywhere these days. I wonder how many people really understand the significance of the the commitment necessary to "run toward the sound of gunfire."

I do. And I will.

[Linked Image]

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General
John Stark.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Starman
Originally Posted by flintlocke
I am sure there are a few guys on here that are among the lucky few who can still react and think during an
adrenaline flood of the brain. 97% of people can NOT function under that condition. Training, marksmanship, and tactical analysis
\ means nothing when your motor control and the brain shuts down. We've all seen the cop videos, emptying magazines at 15 feet
with no center mass hits. Dial it back, Rambo's. Buck fever to the tenth power.

re; 97%

bUt I've heard its many times on the CF how a good citizen on the spot, could potentially thwart the actions of a shooting spree killer.
(maybe not outright kill him, but at least put him off his game or wound him, etc )...most such perps are pussies that don't want to die,
...right???......thats why they often surrender to police before any shots are fired at them?

I mean the CF has members who strongly believe and have repeatedly stressed how important it is for every capable law abiding person
to carry in the event they could one day have [the option] to deal with a bad guy wherever they find themselves by stroke of fate.
The more the better = the more chance of putting a spanner in the works of a mass killer.

nOw I'm being given the opposite impression that the real world effective power [or likelyhood] of side-armed good citizens to effectively
thwart massacres is way over -rated. ....So, If in any doubt wait for LE /Gov and see what sort of crapshoot quality of first responder cops
turns up, but we all know how that can turn out.

> I cant rely on 97% of armed good citizens to reasonably keep their schitt together when faced with such a perp,
> I cannot trust that good capable/competent first responder cops will turn up..
> If we wait for SWAT we could well all be dead before they arrive...
>. ANY cop may well shoot a good citizen trying to exercise their reasonable right to protect themselves
and others against a perp If need be.
> Yet the Cops have NO obligation to protect good citizens from a perp.
> Cops mostly don't trust anyone outside of cops with legally possessing/carrying a firearm,
If some had their way , you would not be allowed to have one.

Starman, what would you actually do. It seems you have put a great deal of thought into this. You're in the mall when the shooting starts, you're legally armed with a handgun. What will you do?

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
With my luck, I would be the first one the shooter puts his sights on.

IC B2

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Those that think abortion is just peachy....proly wont act with force to save others. Hell proly wont use force to save themselves.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by 1911a1
There was a similar situation in Tyler about 15 or more years ago. The good samaritan was killed but did stop the shooting and saved some lives.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tyler_courthouse_shooting

I read the link.

The BG was wearing a bulletproof vest. Wilson died.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
I saw some guys shooting their carry guns.....midsize semi auto polymer frame stuff.....a few Glocks and Sigs.....at my club a while back. Big steel disc at 25. Group size? About 4.........feet. High low left and right.

Have seen folks use their carry rigs on local indoor range. One cop chic had a few missed shots on a full size silhouette target.....at 21 ft.

A buddy handed me his Glock 23 and i shot the pop cans at 25 yards. Damn thing shoots great. He couldnt even scare a pop can at that distance.

Lots of handgun owners. Not as many handgun shooters.

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Personally i aint worried about being dead.
Half dead would probably suck

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Btw....will order adj rear sight for my new carry rig. Want pinpoint placement at 25. Then learn the hold for 50.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Reba
A CCW does not make you LEO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who's trying to be? I don't recall anyone making any such claims.

But, a concealed handgun and the training to go with it DOES give you the capability to allow you to be an effective defender of your immediate sphere of influence.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Reba,

You don’t have to be an LEO to wade into the fight to save the lives of innocents.

You have to be courageous.

Those are different things.

Maybe you’re not lacking in credentials, but in the basics of manhood?

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General
John Stark.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Fire guys all believe they are John McClane running around screaming yippee kiy yi yi ahh and slinging 9’s.

Most are not. Most would have missed and killed 6 civilians.

Last edited by callnum; 08/06/19.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
I would have been hisfucking huckleberry!

Last edited by Hammer2506; 08/06/19.

Fück Joe byron
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Hammer2506
I would have been hisfucking huckleberry!

Right!

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

N
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by callnum
Fire guys all believe they are John McClane running around screaming yippee kiy yi yi ahh and slinging 9’s.

It’s “yippee ki yay [bleep]”
If you can’t get a classic quote correct, why should we take your judgment of individuals seriously?

Last edited by NH K9; 08/06/19.

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Any reason you can’t holster and put your hands up when the cops show up?

If a gun fight happens either you’re going to win or you’re going to lose pretty damn quick. Pretty short window for a cop to get there and shoot the wrong guy.

Last edited by widrahthaar; 08/06/19.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by widrahthaar

If a gun fight happens either you’re going to win or you’re going to lose pretty damn quick. Pretty short window for a cop to get there and shoot the wrong guy.

Maybe you don’t see the cop who shoots you without warning before you can holster.

Or the other CC holder who doesn’t know you’re not the BG.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
Originally Posted by widrahthaar

Maybe you don’t see the cop who shoots you without warning before you can holster.

Or the other CC holder who doesn’t know you’re not the BG.

P

All a possibility but I’d like to think I’d take my chances if kids are getting shot

Has a good guy ever been killed by a cop while attempting to stop a shooting?

Last edited by widrahthaar; 08/06/19.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by NH K9
Originally Posted by callnum

It’s “yippee ki yay [bleep]”
If you can’t get a classic quote correct, why should we take your judgment of individuals seriously?

Good one NH K9 ! Made me bust out LMAO 🤠

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 7 of 14 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 13 14

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

638 members (12344mag, 1minute, 1moredeer, 160user, 204guy, 10Glocks, 66 invisible), 2,864 guests, and 1,204 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,851
Posts18,496,993
Members73,979
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.