-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 13 of 13 1 2 11 12 13
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Looked to me that everyone was having a good time. Nice to have several folks back that weren't able to attend for the last year or two, and to welcome a few new ones. The food, as usual, was outstanding and Kent and Cheryl deserve kudos all around.

Found out that my looks have caught up with my age. Brian (bcolorado) and John (Seafire) corralled me on Sunday morning and told me in no uncertain terms that I was not to break my camp and load the pickup until they showed up to do the heavy lifting. Thanks, fellows---my ego probably did need a little deflating!

Last edited by mudhen; 08/05/19.

Ben

Some days it takes most of the day for me to do practically nothing...
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm home.... had to buy a battery in Socorro, but other than that, everything went ok.

Special thanks to Ken and Cheryl for their help with the meals. Also, Mark and Marcia (sp) for all the things they did to make the get together successful.

It was great seeing old friends, making new friends, and I look forward to seeing everyone again.

Randy

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Every one of these Campfire get-togethers in the SW has its own flavoring, and this time was no exception. The one invaluable constant has been the high quality of the folks who choose to participate and the consequent fun and very enjoyable interactions that occur continuously. This past weekend was most rewarding in that regard and, although we sorely missed having with us a few fine past participants, we enjoyed having some new people and one or two guys from the past that had not been wit us for a while. Self-selection in this adventure seems to yield really good results. And, differing flavors.

It is gratifying that so many folks drive such long miles to participate each year, and also gratifying (and a big relief) when they report their safe arrivals back at their homes. I wish all could check in that way. Maddy and I got down to our AZ abode last evening and, with the help of Mark and Marcia, were able to drive here an old truck (1970 Chev C30 tow truck) that needs to be sold..

Gathering at the Armijo Springs site has ended just about on cue, because Maddy and I have been moving to a new location and the various "hosting" tasks at Armijo Springs will not be possible. Then too, age keeps creeping to the degree that several good guys recognize that and they jumped in to help with the tear-down and camp clean up activities on Sunday morning. Thanks guys. The miles will not be anywhere near as long as for many others, but I'm certainly committed to the future events here in the SW and am looking forward to the selection of the new summer Campfire gathering site in AZ.

Any more photos?

P

Last edited by CCCC; 08/06/19.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Thanks to Kent and Cheryl as always.. was great to see everyone...

Got home at about 8:3- this morning... staying at the Hotel 4 Runner on the two nights heading home..

only major PIA was the new starter put in the truck 4 months ago.... decided to go on permanent vacation..

so I had to leave the truck running when I had to do anything, even getting fuel...

came into Oregon on fumes... stop at Costco to get fuel... they refused to fill it

pointing out some sign they have posted..." OREGON STATE LAW STATES...."

F' Oregon State Law, Our democrats and COSTCO...

made it home, went down and got some fuel in fuel cans to come home and put gas in the tank...

other than that, the trip home was uneventful, except that on a bunch of hills, I was in the right lane in second gear..
while semis passed me in the left lane going up hill....

Thanks for everyone who attended and for those that hosted it all again...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Well...
Made it home about 3am on a flatbed tow truck
spent 1/2an hour unloading the lead dispensers

Took the truck in and they were in awe as to how far I made
it as several bearings and the planetary gears were trashed in the transfer case...

Again, it was great spending time with the friends that I have acquired,new and old, at this event.

If anyone at the 'fire gets the chance to meet others from here do so as you won't be disappointed...

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Brian - sorry about the mechanical breakdown and delay for a weary traveler - sometimes when an automatic transmission is coupled with a 4wd transfer case,, the seal between the two can leak and fluid from one will flow into the other - and leave one of them too dry. I'm very glad that you are home and safe.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Sorry about being late in posting, internet problems. Got home Monday (with no problems) about 3:00 pm, and found a lot of stuff needing done. Grass mowing near the top of the list. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Thanks for checking in, Miles - good that you are home safe. Now, that big old 100 horsepower John Deere and your big mower should make short work of that grass.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Thank you Kent and Cheryl, Dennis, and Paul for all the hard work. Great time in a great place. I've had some of the most rewarding times of my life thanks to 24HR and the "local" loonies I've met. What a privilege.

I do not entertain hypotheticals. The world itself is vexing enough. -- Col. Stonehill
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It looks as though all have gotten home in good shape.after a very successful event, and this thread probably will tail off.. So, let me add many thanks to Kent and Cheryl for the delicious food, to Dennis for his hard and excellent work setting up the steel shoot, and to all those who pitched in to help me with the camp setup and equipment arrangements as well as the breakdown and clean up chores - you good folks know who you are and make me grateful. I'm eager to see how the new location, shooting scene and food approach work out - am betting it will be great, due to all who do their part. Until next time - - - P

IC B3

Page 13 of 13 1 2 11 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

540 members (1moredeer, 160user, 1_deuce, 1badf350, 10Glocks, 1minute, 57 invisible), 2,506 guests, and 1,229 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,801
Posts18,516,282
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.