Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
V
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
V
Fox News contributor and former Rep. Trey Gowdy said Sunday that “the right-to-life is the most fundamental, basic, primary right that we have. It is the right from which all other rights emanate.”

Appearing on "Sunday Morning Futures," an emotional Gowdy said, “It doesn’t matter if you have a right to a lawyer if you are dead. It doesn’t matter if you have the right to free speech if you are dead. Doesn’t matter if you have the right to keep and bear arms if you are dead."

https://www.foxnews.com/media/trey-gowdy-right-to-bear-arms-doesnt-matter-if-youre-dead

Maybe he needs to spend a few years in North Korea or China.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Virginian2
"...Doesn’t matter if you have the right to keep and bear arms if you are dead."

Maybe he needs to spend a few years in North Korea or China.

Trey Gowdy doesn't remember that the British were willing to kill the colonists in order to seize their arms and powder back in April/1775.

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
He is getting old now....

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Context matters. Gowdy was being facetious. Read the entire article, he was actually advocating FOR the 2A. "Right to life is the most basic life we have...Legislators need to look at the laws we have on the books, are they being enforced? If the answer is 'yes' and we still have gaps- Every right you have has a restriction. If we need more restrictions, draw the causal scientific link between what you are proposing and what will be the outcome. But just more laws that are not going to be enforced is a panacea and it's not going to work. Show me a law that will prevent the next Sandy Hook and sign me up as a husband and father...I need to see a causal link between what you're proposing and the outcome."

If you've ever watched 2 minutes of Gowdy speaking, you'd understand what he meant. LAWS don't work unless ENFORCED. There are already 'red flag" laws, there are already laws against straw-purchasing, and there are laws against murdering. Gowdy is pointing out the futility of laws without enforcement. When the Army fails to notify state agencies of a dishonorable with adjudicated mental issues to the ATF (current law) adding another layer is ineffectual because the first law was not followed in the first place.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Don't waste your breath, they won't understand.

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

IC B2

D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Isn't life a fundamental right?

K
K22 Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by Sprint11
Context matters. Gowdy was being facetious. Read the entire article, he was actually advocating FOR the 2A. "Right to life is the most basic life we have...Legislators need to look at the laws we have on the books, are they being enforced? If the answer is 'yes' and we still have gaps- Every right you have has a restriction. If we need more restrictions, draw the causal scientific link between what you are proposing and what will be the outcome. But just more laws that are not going to be enforced is a panacea and it's not going to work. Show me a law that will prevent the next Sandy Hook and sign me up as a husband and father...I need to see a causal link between what you're proposing and the outcome."

If you've ever watched 2 minutes of Gowdy speaking, you'd understand what he meant. LAWS don't work unless ENFORCED. There are already 'red flag" laws, there are already laws against straw-purchasing, and there are laws against murdering. Gowdy is pointing out the futility of laws without enforcement. When the Army fails to notify state agencies of a dishonorable with adjudicated mental issues to the ATF (current law) adding another layer is ineffectual because the first law was not followed in the first place.

+1
Exactly how I read it.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by djs

Planned Parenthood doesn't believe so.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by RickyD
Originally Posted by djs

Planned Parenthood doesn't believe so.

Burn grin

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Sprint11

Anyone who cannot understand what Gowdy was saying has a big problem.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

IC B3

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Our response to Graham, et. al,:

SC Carry Statement on 'Red Flag Laws':

South Carolina Carry Opposes Red Flag Laws
Posted on August, 6th, 2019 by Sherra Scott in Blog, Gun Confiscation, Red Flag laws

South Carolina Carry, as a local organization, focuses our efforts on state legislation. However, when South Carolina elected federal officials encourage gun control, we feel compelled to reply. In the wake of the recent attacks on innocent people by evil individuals, the senior United States Senator from South Carolina, Lindsey Graham, has publicly stated he will propose legislation to pay more states to adopt “red flag laws.”

We, as an organization which defends the Constitution, officially oppose any legislation that infringes upon any Citizen’s rights, especially without due process first. "Red flag laws" strip the accused of his Constitutionally protected rights without first providing a hearing and giving the accused the fundamental right to “confront[] the witnesses against him.” Like the 15th century Star Chamber, the proceedings of a "red flag" hearing are held in secret outside of the presence of the accused and before he is even aware of the allegations against him. Standards of proof are often lax and the judge is only presented with a single view resulting in skewed determinations.

"Red flag laws" do not address or remove the supposedly dangerous person, but leave him free to potentially do harm after violating his rights and forcibly removing only one type of potential tool he may have in his possession. Where the accused is truly volatile this action inflames the situation. Such legislation fails both to protect the right of the accused and to address the mental health of those suffering in society. South Carolina Carry vehemently opposes this type of legislation.

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it Almighty God! I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty of give me death! P. Henry

Deus vult!

Rhodesians all now

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
RE: Trey . . . Sometimes even a relatively smart person says something quite stupid.

Someday I hope to be the person my dogs think I am . . .
The only true cost of having a dog is its death.
Someone once said "a nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves."
Shiloh Sharps . . . there is no substitute.
NRA Endowment Member

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

548 members (1234, 19rabbit52, 1lessdog, 160user, 10ring1, 204guy, 44 invisible), 2,357 guests, and 1,143 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,858
Posts18,517,729
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.