Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
A tearful 13-year-old boy whose parents are from Guatemala waved goodbye to his mother, a Koch worker, as he stood beside his father. Some employees tried to flee on foot but were captured in the parking lot.

Workers, including Domingo Candelaria, who could show they were in the country legally were allowed to leave the plant after agents searched the trunks of their vehicles.

“It was a sad situation inside,” Candelaria said.
Well, boo-hoo-hoo.

And the lies begin:
Bill Chandler, executive director of the Mississippi Immigrant Rights Alliance, called the “terrible” raids “another effort to drive Latinos out of Mississippi,” and he blamed President Trump for fanning racism with his past incendiary comments about immigrants.
Um, no you weasel wit, its about driving illegals out of our country.

“This will affect the economy,” Maria Isabel Ayala, a child care worker for plant employees, said as the buses left. “Without them here, how will you get your chicken?”
Cut back on government assistance, and watch hungry people line up to do the work.

ICE agents raid Mississippi food processing plants
MORTON, Miss. (AP) — U.S. immigration officials raided seven Mississippi chicken processing plants Wednesday, arresting 680 mostly Latino workers in the largest workplace sting in at least a decade.

About 600 U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement agents fanned out across the plants operated by five companies, surrounding the perimeters to prevent workers from fleeing.

In Morton, about 40 miles (65 kilometers) east of the capital of Jackson, workers filled three buses — two for men and one for women — at a Koch Foods Inc. plant.

Those arrested were taken to a military hangar to be processed for immigration violations. About 70 family, friends and residents waved goodbye and shouted, “Let them go! Let them go!” Later, two more buses arrived.

A tearful 13-year-old boy whose parents are from Guatemala waved goodbye to his mother, a Koch worker, as he stood beside his father. Some employees tried to flee on foot but were captured in the parking lot.

Workers, including Domingo Candelaria, who could show they were in the country legally were allowed to leave the plant after agents searched the trunks of their vehicles.

“It was a sad situation inside,” Candelaria said.

Mississippi is the nation’s fifth-largest chicken producing state and the plants’ tough processing jobs have mainly been filled by Latino immigrants eager to take whatever work they can get. Chicken plants dominate the economies of Morton and other small towns east of Jackson.

Based in Park Ridge, Illinois, Koch is one of the largest poultry producers in the U.S, with operations in Mississippi and five other states. The company didn’t respond to telephone calls and emails seeking comment.

Matthew Albence, ICE’s acting director, told The Associated Press in an interview Wednesday in Pearl, just down the road from the Koch plant, that the raids could be the largest-ever workplace operation in any single state.

The companies involved could be charged with knowingly hiring workers who are in the county illegally and will be scrutinized for tax, document and wage fraud, Albence said.

Bill Chandler, executive director of the Mississippi Immigrant Rights Alliance, called the “terrible” raids “another effort to drive Latinos out of Mississippi,” and he blamed President Trump for fanning racism with his past incendiary comments about immigrants.

“This is the same thing that Trump is doing at the border with the Border Patrol,” he said, referring to the increased crackdown on migrants coming into the U.S.

Major immigration raids were common under President George W. Bush, including one at a kosher meatpacking plant in Postville, Iowa, in 2008 that resulted in about 400 arrests. President Barack Obama avoided them, limiting workplace immigration efforts to low-profile audits.

President Trump resumed workplace raids, but the months of preparation and hefty resources they require make them rare. Last year, the administration targeted a landscaping company near Toledo, Ohio, and a meatpacking plant in eastern Tennessee. The former owner of the Tennessee plant was sentenced to 18 months in prison last month.

On Wednesday, a hangar at a Mississippi Air National Guard base in Flowood, adjoining the Jackson airport, was set up to process those who were detained. Employees formed seven lines, one for each workplace raided, with fingerprint scanners and document printers at each interview station.

Cooling misters blew in front of fans, and 2,000 catered meals were ordered.

Agents who arrived at the Morton plant passed a chain-link fence with a sign that said the company was hiring. Workers’ wrists were tied with plastic bands and they deposited personal belongings in clear plastic bags.

“This will affect the economy,” Maria Isabel Ayala, a child care worker for plant employees, said as the buses left. “Without them here, how will you get your chicken?”

Other companies targeted in the raids included Peco Foods Inc., which has plants in Bay Springs, Canton and Sebastopol; PH Food Inc. in Morton; MP Food Inc. in Pelahatchie and Pearl River Foods Inc. in Carthage.

“We are fully cooperating with the authorities in their investigation and are navigating a potential disruption of operations,” Peco, based in Tuscaloosa, Alabama, said in a statement. The company added that it participates in E-Verify, a government program to screen new hires for immigration status.

No one answered the phone at Pearl River Foods. A woman who answered the phone at PH Food declined to comment or identify herself. A telephone listing could not be found for MP Food.

From From WHNT 19 News

=====================
Boots were made for walking
Winds were blowing change
Boys fall in the jungle
As I Came of Age

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Yep and like that place really used e verify to hire all them illegals and they was legit....
GMAFB.....

I hope that company gets screwed doing some slim shady hiring schitt also.

Bout tired of eating fugging chicken anyways at times.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Will this cause chicken prices to go up, and if so, will there be riots at KFC?

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
BEEF, it's what's good for you. Most of them dirty illegals where probably on welfare, food stamps, and unemployment also, and getting ready to sign up their kids for "free" college. I say Good Riddance.

Kevin
NRA Lifetime Member
Retired, Fulltime RV'er
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Maria Isabel Ayala, a child care worker for plant employees, said as the buses left. “Without them here, how will you get your chicken?”

Peak boomer comment.

IC B2

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
I didn't see anything about plant managers being arrested and hauled away. Until the company officers face charges, it won't stop.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I hope they didn’t serve them chicken at the hangar.....

The best recourse would be for the plant to pay for the services of ICE and the cost of naturalization for the workers.

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Obama was doing it first, right? smile Zero deported millions. wink

MAGA

(Ha, word police missed out. Autocorrect changed it from deported to reported, better luck next time. grin )

Last edited by jaguartx; 08/08/19.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
E
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
E
The real story here is what happens to the company?

I imagine at that scale the level of fraud to get these people on the payroll is quite organized and involved.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I feel sorry for that 13 year old boy, I would imagine it was a very scary thing to go through. To bad his parents did it to him.

MAGA!!

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That’s one way to look at it......the other way is they were doing the best they could. I can’t imagine they had enough education or knowledge to really understand it all anyway.

Or maybe they did.

One might think they were pretty safe when an American company offers you a job.

Hope the IRS eats the ass out of the Koch as well.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by edapp
The real story here is what happens to the company?

I imagine at that scale the level of fraud to get these people on the payroll is quite organized and involved.

Exactly. 60 minutes or one of those shows did a report workers would come back with different names, SS numbers, every one knew them from previous jobs , but no real idea about their real name
One thing I have found is Mexicans and their government dont care about guatemalans or el salvadorian.... or african illegals

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Can you just imagine the filth and smell in those sh~t holes, go ahead and tell me they had FDA inspectors making sure all was fine. From the CEO and down, they all should go to prison.

Writing here is Prohibited by the authorities.
S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
My understanding is the illegal employees give the company bogus SS#'s, the SS and FICA is collected and paid to the US Government to be put into the central fund, no liability on the company.

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Wash your chicken in vinegar before cooking.

600 agents took part in the raid.

MAGA

Last edited by jaguartx; 08/08/19.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
E
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
E
Originally Posted by Sako76
My understanding is the illegal employees give the company bogus SS#'s, the SS and FICA is collected and paid to the US Government to be put into the central fund, no liability on the company.

But this has to be somebody's true identity... not just a fake number.

I process my companies e-verify cases and if I fat finger a number the case will not pass. Everything must match... ssn, birth date, full legal name, drivers license # etc. So I am under the impression that every single employed illegal immigrant is also guilty of successful identity theft. Again I go back to my original question. This is widespread organized crime. And what are the consequences for the victims (millions?) of identity theft? What else are these immigrants doing with their false identities?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by UPhiker
I didn't see anything about plant managers being arrested and hauled away. Until the company officers face charges, it won't stop.

Yep^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Keep in mind that the Koch family funds a lot of the Republican party so I wouldn't look for a SWAT team to storm their offices any time soon.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by edapp
Originally Posted by Sako76

But this has to be somebody's true identity... not just a fake number.

I process my companies e-verify cases and if I fat finger a number the case will not pass. Everything must match... ssn, birth date, full legal name, drivers license # etc. So I am under the impression that every single employed illegal immigrant is also guilty of successful identity theft. Again I go back to my original question. This is widespread organized crime. And what are the consequences for the victims (millions?) of identity theft? What else are these immigrants doing with their false identities?

They get them the same place Obama got his SSN from.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Stickfight
Maria Isabel Ayala, a child care worker for plant employees, said as the buses left. “Without them here, how will you get your chicken?”

Peak boomer comment.

Same way we got it before.

Life can be rough on us dreamers.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Boarmaster123
Originally Posted by Stickfight

Peak boomer comment.

Same way we got it before.

Legally.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

592 members (007FJ, 10ring1, 10Glocks, 01Foreman400, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 62 invisible), 2,285 guests, and 1,265 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,708
Posts18,494,424
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.