Print Thread
Hop To
Page 51 of 117 1 2 49 50 51 52 53 116 117
I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
Originally Posted by Thunderstick
After the alleged Big Bang and the alleged intervening 10 billion years what spontaneously and randomly caused the alleged evolutionary processes to start?

No one knows for sure---yet. But we are certain how life evolved once it existed.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.

I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
What provided the genesis of the Big Bang of the universe?

Good question. The answer is...nobody knows. "God did it" is as good an explanation as any. But then who created God?

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Thanks for the honesty.
Why does God "need" to be created if nothing else does in the universe?

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by 3584ELK
Originally Posted by Hubert
I am late to the discussion, and I have little desire to scan 42 pages for the possibility that this been mentioned, but has anyone considered...

What if evolution is God's creative power put into practice?

For the pure theory of evolution to work, using the idea humans that descended from apes, wouldn't the apes be therefore extinct?

Also, what if this is all (for us humans) a continual progression to becoming someone (something) greater, roughly compared to Hindu beliefs?

Example: 3,000 years ago, let's say you were a beetle in the S. Pacific. Having lived that life, your next life is a progression to say, a snake. You are born a garden snake, live out that life successfully, and then are born as a goat. You live life as a goat, die, and then are born as a horse, etc... Perhaps it takes us 3000 years of progression to become human?

Or, alternately, you are a slow learner and you are now on your 68th trip to Earth. You are learning, growing, and progressing each time you are born and die. What about disabled children who are born and pass on at a young age? Perhaps they are WAY beyond you and I in progression and don't need to do anything except that final task of enduring that struggle?

Just a few things to mull over...

Every thing you said is plain stupid. If you believe god created you then STFU because what you believe dosen't matter...

Hey Stubert- did you see all those little punctuation marks at the end of each sentence? They look like this: ? Since you apparently need an introduction to basic English grammar, those marks indicate a question is being asked. Here is more grammar for you, F*ckwit: A question proposes an idea, it does not state a fact. Are these words small enough for you to understand? It's a typical Bolshevik reaction, yours. Also typically leftist- shout down all ideas and theories which don't support your self-centered little thoughts.

Statements like this prove my theory about your level of education: "...( this was a matiance free battery)" WTF is a matiance free battery...notice I left the question mark off so you could catch a clue.

3584elk, contrary to the popular mantra, not all questions are good questions. Obviously, you are not asking a serious question, why dignify it with a serious answer. Try a little harder at your facetious questions next time.

I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I

For the pure theory of evolution to work, using the idea humans that descended from apes, wouldn't the apes be therefore extinct?

No. You are mistakenly assuming that humans are descended from living apes. In fact, humans and modern apes are both descended from an earlier species of ape.

If a population is separated into two groups, living in different environments, each group will evolve different characteristics and (eventually) not be able to mate with the other group. For instance Caucasians and Asians separated from Negroes about 70,000 years ago. Each group has evolved many features different from the other though they can still interbreed. Humans and [bleep] separated much earlier, about 7 million years ago. They have greater differences and cannot interbreed.

Incidentally humans are more closely related to [bleep] than [bleep] are to gorillas.

IC B2

I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
Thanks for the honesty.
Why does God "need" to be created if nothing else does in the universe?

God didn't necessarily "need" to be created. So how could God "always" exist? Perhaps what was created was time, and without time the word "always" has no meaning. We know for a fact that "time" was created along with all matter, energy, and even the laws of physics, by the big bang. Incidentally that means that physics can never discover what caused the Big Bang or whether or not something called "God" did it.

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
clearly, there's something "strange" going on with us humans.

we are converting natural earth artifact material into human artifacts at a record rate.

that is, it's almost as if we're automatons, and we're associating to convert the natural earth.

but into what? big cities? we've already got big cities. we know who they are and what they do.

that is they consume. think of 15 billion humans. two times as many big cities.. that's a bunch for sure.

the thinking of "humans" on the earth are becoming divergent. the old school, vs. the new school. it's inevitable?

fact is, the religionists have their position and the scientists have their position based upon belief or science. but which?

what i would like to do while we screw around and debate what happened some 10,000 or more year ago is to lower taxes.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Gus, I marvel at you. I still think you toy with us.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Gus
clearly, there's something "strange" going on with us humans.

we are converting natural earth artifact material into human artifacts at a record rate.

that is, it's almost as if we're automatons, and we're associating to convert the natural earth.

but into what? big cities? we've already got big cities. we know who they are and what they do.

that is they consume. think of 15 billion humans. two times as many big cities.. that's a bunch for sure.

the thinking of "humans" on the earth are becoming divergent. the old school, vs. the new school. it's inevitable?

fact is, the religionists have their position and the scientists have their position based upon belief or science. but which?

what i would like to do while we screw around and debate what happened some 10,000 or more year ago is to lower taxes.

Gus, always the pragmatist!

Good on you.

Geno

PS, the rest of y'all still haven't figured it out yet I guess.............................party on Dudes.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
[quote]

This is simply more obfuscation. You don't have a cosmos until you consider all the factors needed to make a cosmos. This line of reasoning does not prove anything other than that in a controlled environment, with in an induced model, certain aspects life of forms can propagate. This does not even come close to engaging with the real issues of spontaneous generation on a cosmic scale through random processes.

No it's not. The article simply exposes the dishonesty and the tactics of Theists who make false claims about evolution and statistical probability.

IC B3

DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker

As already pointed out -- the mathematical, logical and statistical evidence all require a self-existent eternal Designer to bring things miraculously into existence because science proves that it cannot happen any other way. All the evidence is there to logically require the existence of God. If you think the scientific evidence suggests otherwise please provide the mathematical calculations which show it to be a logical and statistical probability on the grand scale of the universe. If successful, you will be a better man than others who have tried and failed. This thread poses the question as to why some would suppose evolution to be a myth and I have given my scientific reasons and those reasons have never been refuted with science. The question of the existence of God and the myth of evolution does not hinge on goat herders or mad or prejudiced scientists--it merely hinges on the evidence that relates to the question that was posed.

It is not being pointed out that - ''the mathematical, logical and statistical evidence all require a self-existent eternal Designer to bring things miraculously into existence because science proves that it cannot happen any other way. All the evidence is there to logically require the existence of God'' - that is something that is being claimed and asserted. A false assertion.

It has been pointed out that this claim is false and the reasons why it is false have been given. Yet the claim is repeated and asserted time and time again regardless.

''A new mathematical model developed by researchers at the University of Pennsylvania has offered even more evidence of the correctness of evolutionary theory.

Herbert Wilf, Penn’s Thomas A. Scott Emeritus Professor of Mathematics, and Warren Ewens, emeritus professor of biology, say their model directly challenges the long-standing contention among some doubters that evolution couldn't have happened because the small changes in species outlined by the theory simply would have taken too much time to be completed.''

''Their works shows that, under a very reasonable model of mutations and natural selection, the time required to evolve a very complex organism is vastly smaller than might be presumed. As a result, the idea that evolution would require "too much time" to be true is proved false''

"If, when we guess the full string of letters [for a new species], one of the letters is correct — for instance, one that describes correctly the eyes of a butterfly — then that letter has survival value," he said.

"It will not be discarded as future mutations take place because the intermediate creatures are seeing very well, and they will live and reproduce. So although it seems at first glance that the process of random mutations will take a very long time to produce a higher organism, thanks to the spying of natural selection, the process can go very rapidly.''

DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker

and then he quotes other's viewpoints as if they are not opinions...

Which shows that you have no understanding of science. Religion is your thing. Creation through Magic. Rather than scientific research into the natural world, preferring the explanation that a Magical undetectable Entity did it, ancient mythology over reason.

This approach is certainly not helping the cause for the intellectual viability of the theory of evolution--in fact it is demonstrating how unscientific it is. Atheistic/materialistic evolution as a standalone principle, is similar to the theory of Communism which rests upon this fundamental premise, which in its demise and failure, has proven itself to be guilty of the charge of the "opiate of the masses."

It's quite ironic when the purveyors of Bronze age myths talk about the intelligence of their opponents. But that's the nature and tactics of faith when under threat for you.

DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by smokepole
Originally Posted by DBT

What I actually said was: there is no evidence for the existence of a God (whatever that is supposed to be), nor is such a thing necessary to explain evolution or how it works.

No, that's wrong. What you "actually said" went quite a bit further than that, here it is verbatim:

Originally Posted by DBT
Life evolves for reasons that have nothing to do with a God.

What you "actually said" was a definitive statement with no qualifiers. That's why I'm asking you for the evidence you're using to support your contention that God is not involved with evolution. Are you backing off that now? If so, go ahead and admit that what you actually said was wrong, don't just deny you said it. That would be "cowardly" as you put it.

You've said repeatedly that there is no evidence that God is involved with evolution and I've never challenged that. Because in your context of scientific evidence, I don't believe there is, and I don't believe it can be "proven" scientifically one way or the other. Because I'm not one who believes that we currently understand everything there is to know about the universe and how it works. Are you?

Earlier, you laid out your concept of God as being "all-powerful" and "all-knowing." Either that was a strawman you created to argue that such a being "should have no problem proving His existence" or you actually believe it. If you actually believe that there could be a Creator that is all-powerful and all-knowing, why on earth would you presume that you or anyone else is capable of understanding how He operates?

If you can't see that there are no contradictions between 'Life evolves for reasons that have nothing to do with a God'' and ''there is no evidence for the existence of a God'' or that ''evolution does not need a creator/god as explanation'' there is no hope of understanding.

Once again, evolution does not need a Creator as an explanation for how organisms adapt and evolve. Therefore the burden of proof falls upon those who make the claim of creation, intelligent design or irreducible complexity.

In other words, justification of beliefs and claims.

God, being undetectable, is not something that is falsifiable. You can claim Micky Mouse runs the Universe for all its worth.

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
The chances of an explosion causing the formation of one protein out of hundreds it takes to make a cell is 1x10 to the 27th power.

IOW, put all the components in a pile and explode it enough times to end up with an airliner and that's the chances of creating one cell protein.

The Lord has set a great dilusion on you.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J

God, being undetectable, is not something that is falsifiable. You can claim Micky Mouse runs the Universe for all its worth.

[/quote]
Undetectable doesn't mean nonexistent.

He isn't undetectable to many of us.

Saying Micky runs the universe is a lie. Saying the Creator runs it isn't.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Well said.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by DBT
You can claim Micky Mouse runs the Universe for all its worth.

You still don't get it. I'm not claiming anything, you are.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
With God having always existed; Where was God situated before the universe came to be ...
and where is God now relative to the universe?

Where is this destination heaven that Jesus travelled to on his acsention?

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
DBT,

Your blind faith due to brain washing is preventing you from keeping up with Thunderstick's posts.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by IndyCA35

No. You are mistakenly assuming that humans are descended from living apes. In fact, humans and modern apes are both descended from an earlier species of ape.

If a population is separated into two groups, living in different environments, each group will evolve different characteristics and (eventually) not be able to mate with the other group. For instance Caucasians and Asians separated from Negroes about 70,000 years ago. Each group has evolved many features different from the other though they can still interbreed. Humans and [bleep] separated much earlier, about 7 million years ago. They have greater differences and cannot interbreed.

Incidentally humans are more closely related to [bleep] than [bleep] are to gorillas.

Who are these bleeps you keep referring to? Are you trying to type chimpanzees?

Page 51 of 117 1 2 49 50 51 52 53 116 117

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

99 members (6mmCreedmoor, 338reddog, 14idaho, 01Foreman400, achlupsa, 35, 5 invisible), 1,535 guests, and 826 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,370
Posts18,488,323
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.