Hop To
Page 52 of 117 1 2 50 51 52 53 54 116 117
DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by smokepole
Originally Posted by DBT
You can claim Micky Mouse runs the Universe for all its worth.

You still don't get it. I'm not claiming anything, you are.

I am pointing out that there is abundant evidence to support the reality of natural evolution and absolutely none for the existence of a God....whatever that is supposed to be. Therefore the former is an observation and the latter a claim...a faith based claim.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Readin the thread, and seein the fanatic blind faith of evolutionians, helps me understand how muslims recruit homicide bombers.

DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Ringman
DBT,

Your blind faith due to brain washing is preventing you from keeping up with Thunderstick's posts.

Neither is true. Theists just love to make silly claims. It comes with the territory I guess...believing and defending bronze age creation myths.

DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Fubarski
Readin the thread, and seein the fanatic blind faith of evolutionians, helps me understand how muslims recruit homicide bombers.

The irony of the remark escapes you, I see. Religion is faith, not science.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Faith in science is your religion.

Look at your post history.

You're a fanatical troll that waits for any type of thread that involves religion, then you wade in with your bullshit google-bombs.

Alla these posts of yours, completely incompetent and a waste of time, fortunately yours.

You've changed no opinion, except from those that might have considered you a serious fire member, before you started your crusade against religion.

IC B2

DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by jaguartx
The chances of an explosion causing the formation of one protein out of hundreds it takes to make a cell is 1x10 to the 27th power.

IOW, put all the components in a pile and explode it enough times to end up with an airliner and that's the chances of creating one cell protein.

The Lord has set a great dilusion on you.

The mathematical odds you give being meaningless because there are more than a few models on the table. The fact is, it is not known whether time and the universe began with the BB or its cyclic or a part of an infinite multiverse, etc, etc.

It is the theist who claims knowledge where none exists. It is the theist who claims the existence of a God or gods that created the universe.

DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Faith in science is your religion.

Look at your post history.

You're a fanatical troll that waits for any type of thread that involves religion, then you wade in with your bullshit google-bombs.

Alla these posts of yours, completely incompetent and a waste of time, fortunately yours.

You've changed no opinion, except from those that might have considered you a serious fire member, before you started your crusade against religion.

Insults and baseless allegations being the standard fallback for the theist. Circle the wagons and fire away. Ammo is cheap when you can make it up at will.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
If a description of your behavior is an insult, you can only blame yourself.

I
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by JoeBob
Darwinian evolution can explain the selection of the mutation but it cannot explain the arrival of the mutation.

The arrival of the mutation? Mutations happen quite frequently in the animal kingdom anyway.

Did you never do the fruitfly experiment in 10'th grade biology? In just a few weeks you can observe many mutated specimens produced from a population contained within a quart mason jar.

Modern man contains many genes which simply can not be found in remains from hominid populations of 100,000 years ago. The source of those genes is mutations. Populations which migrated out of Africa carry many genes which are not found in the peoples left behind. If it were not for mutations acquired by different human populations at different times in history, "23 and Me" would have no way to determine the source of our ancestry. We would all still be carrying the same genes we left Africa with.

Human population is still evolving. We are selectively breeding humans for low intelligence and low motivation.

No? What are the fastest growing populations across the world? Hint, of the top twenty only Iraq lies north of Egypt. China and India no longer make the cut of the top twenty in % rate of population increase.

Even in America, which populations are growing fastest? Hint again? It is not College Professors, Bank Managers, Captains of Industry, or those holding advanced Engineering degrees.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
If a description of your behavior is an insult, you can only blame yourself.

It is the descriptions, being expressions of the theists defence mechanism, that are false, being false, they are intended to insult and discourage rational discussion or argument. Ad Homs instead of arguments. Reducing 'discussion' to a pissing contest in order to avoid the facing the truth.

The truth being: faith explains nothing.

IC B3

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S

It is actually folks like you that made me realize a long time ago that it was man that created god and not the other way around.

I
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by Thunderstick
[quote]

This is simply more obfuscation. You don't have a cosmos until you consider all the factors needed to make a cosmos. This line of reasoning does not prove anything other than that in a controlled environment, with in an induced model, certain aspects life of forms can propagate. This does not even come close to engaging with the real issues of spontaneous generation on a cosmic scale through random processes.

Nor did the question of the Original Post engage the issue of spontaneous generation on a cosmic scale.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by scoony

It is actually folks like you that made me realize a long time ago that it was man that created god and not the other way around.

Your 72 virgins told you that.

I
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I

72 virgins is an invention of some followers of "The God of Abraham." Never heard of such from a student of Biology and Paleontology.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
The theory of evolution is an invention of scientists that get paid ta study the theory of evolution.

The blind dedication to an article of faith is a valid corollary.

And the waste of time dedicated to such a worthless theory could only be maintained by those with an economic interest in being the beneficiary of the funding of the theory.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Thunderstick
Thanks for the honesty.
Why does God "need" to be created if nothing else does in the universe?

Special pleading.

Look it up.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
Originally Posted by 3584ELK

For the pure theory of evolution to work, using the idea humans that descended from apes, wouldn't the apes be therefore extinct?

No. You are mistakenly assuming that humans are descended from living apes. In fact, humans and modern apes are both descended from an earlier species of ape.

If a population is separated into two groups, living in different environments, each group will evolve different characteristics and (eventually) not be able to mate with the other group. For instance Caucasians and Asians separated from Negroes about 70,000 years ago. Each group has evolved many features different from the other though they can still interbreed. Humans and [bleep] separated much earlier, about 7 million years ago. They have greater differences and cannot interbreed.

Incidentally humans are more closely related to [bleep] than [bleep] are to gorillas.

Americans came from British. By Elks logic, there should be no more British.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter

72 virgins is an invention of some followers of "The God of Abraham." Never heard of such from a student of Biology and Paleontology.

And the 72 virgins is a mis-translation from the underlying plagiarized Coptic. It's 72 Raisins, not virgins awaiting the martyrs in Paradise.....or is it Virgins that are shriveled up like raisins?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You can't prove God did it so He must not exist.

You can't prove a scientific theory so God must have done it.

Round and round we go.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
You walk outside to take a leak tonight. Look up at that moon and the star just off it to the southwest which will be there in the same suspended in orbit position next year and in 10 more years after your buds and maybe you have died, just as it was 2000 years ago after He died for us.

Then, tell me the explosion that made us just stopped in midstream and make your plans to go to Hell.

Last edited by jaguartx; 08/09/19.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Page 52 of 117 1 2 50 51 52 53 54 116 117

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

98 members (6mmCreedmoor, 338reddog, 14idaho, 01Foreman400, achlupsa, 35, 5 invisible), 1,539 guests, and 817 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,370
Posts18,488,323
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.