Exactly.

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Fubarski
Originally Posted by nighthawk
Round and round we go.

Exactly.

Yet it remains true that evolution is an evidence based reality and a belief in the existence of God or gods (there are so many versions) is a matter of faith.

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by scoony
Readin the thread, and seein the fanatic blind faith of evolutionians, helps me understand how muslims recruit homicide bombers.

It is actually folks like you that made me realize a long time ago that it was man that created god and not the other way around.

Yes, indeed;

"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by rulers as a useful tool." - Seneca

"I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do, because I notice it always coincides with their own desires." - Susan B. Anthony

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
You can't prove God did it so He must not exist.

You can't prove a scientific theory so God must have done it.

Round and round we go.

There is no evidence for the existence of a God or gods, so there is no reason to be convinced in their existence.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by DBT
Round and round we go.

Exactly.

Yet it remains true that evolution is an evidence based reality and a belief in the existence of God or gods (there are so many versions) is a matter of faith.

You're really sensitive about your faith in the theory of evolution being seen as the same as faith in theology.

Hard ta delude yourself into your delusions of superiority, when your faith is the same as anyone else's, although in a different direction.

Which is of course what makes you inferior.

IC B2

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by jaguartx
You walk outside to take a leak tonight. Look up at that moon and the star just off it to the southwest which will be there in the same suspended in orbit position next year and in 10 more years after your buds and maybe you have died, just as it was 2000 years ago after He died for us.

Then, tell me the explosion that made us just stopped in midstream and make your plans to go to Hell.

Yeah, it was a accident. wink

Hahaha. You deniers speak from a position of hope. Hahaha, I wonder why. You seem to hope HE fulfills the fruit of thy lips.
grin

Last edited by jaguartx; 08/09/19.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DBT
Round and round we go.

Exactly.

You're really sensitive about your faith in the theory of evolution being seen as the same as faith in theology.

Still a false assertion. Perhaps a bit of study on evolution may help. I doubt it though. Some folks just prefer their own beliefs.

Hard ta delude yourself into your delusions of superiority, when your faith is the same as anyone else's, although in a different direction.

Who is actually assuming 'superiority' when one side is referring to evidence and ongoing research, science being a work in progress where assumptions are tested, and the other side claiming absolute knowledge, that a God (whatever that's supposed to be) created the universe and all that's in it....because that's what it says in this or that holy book, or it happens to be emotionally appealing?

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by DBT
the other side claiming absolute knowledge,

That would be you.

You hide behind your claim that because your faith in the theory of evolution is based in science, it is superior to another's faith in theology, which may, or may not, be based in science.

Faith is faith, no matter the source.

But there's no doubt that faith in theology is superior, because at the least, theology as a social control agent provides a benefit to society, whereas faith in the theory of evolution, and all its studies, provide no benefit to society.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DBT

Round and round we go.

There is no evidence for the existence of a God or gods, so there is no reason to be convinced in their existence.

Of course there is but you refuse to acknowledge it because it doesn't constitute an ontological proof. Same is true of science as far as cosmology goes.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by scoony
Readin the thread, and seein the fanatic blind faith of evolutionians, helps me understand how muslims recruit homicide bombers.

It is actually folks like you that made me realize a long time ago that it was man that created god and not the other way around.

Yes, indeed;

"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by rulers as a useful tool." - Seneca

"I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do, because I notice it always coincides with their own desires." - Susan B. Anthony

Seneca isn't God to me, and neither is Susan B Anthony.

I Dindo Nuffin
IC B3

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DBT

That would be you.

Obviously not. I merely refer to science and research, which as I pointed out, is an ongoing process. Science does not claim to know the answer to the origin of the universe or how life got started, which theists claim to have the answers, their version of God created the universe and life and that is that.

You try every trick in the book to discredit evidence based science, testing and review, in an attempt to justify faith, beliefs held without evidence.

You hide behind your claim that because your faith in the theory of evolution is based in science, it is superior to another's faith in theology, which may, or may not, be based in science.

I hide behind nothing. You are equivocating science and faith by ignoring evidence.

Still the fallacy of equivocation. A belief in the realty of Allah is not to be compared to research into genetics, paleontology, etc.

But there's no doubt that faith in theology is superior, because at the least, theology as a social control agent provides a benefit to society, whereas faith in the theory of evolution, and all its studies, provide no benefit to society.

Partly true in the form of Plato's Royal Lie.

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DBT

Round and round we go.

Of course there is but you refuse to acknowledge it because it doesn't constitute an ontological proof. Same is true of science as far as cosmology goes.

Ontological proof? For example?

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by jaguartx

Seneca isn't God to me, and neither is Susan B Anthony.

So you miss the point.

Last edited by DBT; 08/09/19.
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by DBT

Round and round we go.

Thank you Father in Heaven for leaving no proof. Heaven doesn't need those too blind to see for with them theres no way it could be heavenly.

Last edited by jaguartx; 08/09/19.

I Dindo Nuffin
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Faith in science is your religion.

Look at your post history.

You're a fanatical troll that waits for any type of thread that involves religion, then you wade in with your bullshit google-bombs.

Alla these posts of yours, completely incompetent and a waste of time, fortunately yours.

You've changed no opinion, except from those that might have considered you a serious fire member, before you started your crusade against religion.

+1....

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Amen.

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by DBT

That would be you.

Thanks. Great post. Amen and God bless. Truth.

I Dindo Nuffin
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Genetics and paleontology stay in their lane, i.e., they posit theories make conclusions based upon repeatable experimentation.

Scientists who support the theory of evolution refuse to acknowledge the gaps between the observations they make and the conclusions they reach.

Geneticists can make changes in organisms that could benefit society.

Paleontologists are a feelgood branch that survives off the interest in the past.

Scientist who study the theory of evolution offer no advancement to the current state of humanity.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
A man who looks at the wonders of the vast universe, or the complexities of the smallest organisms and then sees no evidence of “design” or a designer is like a man who “misses the forest for the trees”. He seeks to be superior in his own eyes and tickles his desire for argument but in the end, is a fool.

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by DBT
Round and round we go.

Exactly.

They have seen one world while we have seen two and they call us liars when we tell them the truth.

They know for sure we are telling a lie rather than asking Him to show them too.

I Dindo Nuffin
Page 53 of 117 1 2 51 52 53 54 55 116 117

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

528 members (1badf350, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 007FJ, 06hunter59, 1234, 53 invisible), 2,399 guests, and 1,254 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,414
Posts18,489,049
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.