-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Ha Ha even when it was visible if I got stopped I would always tell the officer that the handgun was in the car on the front seat. Figured it was a courtesy thing, nothing worse than a pissed off cop. Most of the county sheriffs are reasonable, but I wouldn’t put anything past some of the shoot happy city and state police not to blow my brains out if I moved and then they saw the handgun. When I have talked to a cop on duty and stated I was carrying, not once have I had to disarm or show my license. All I ever got was a thanks for informing.

Swifty
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Hey Sherriff Joe.

Back about 93-94 my wife got pulled over for speeding on our way to the horse races in Grand Island. They had that eye in the sky going off I80. Anyways pulled over when 3 State boys were there. Young cop came up said something like Do you know why we stopped you? Wife looked at him and said “ My hands are on the wheel and I am not moving till you know there’s a loaded handgun right there.” Guy about sh*t, eyes got big, started sweating like he had just run into Bonnie & Clyde. About 15 minutes later the senior officer came up and told my wife she was being cited for speeding only, we did nothing else wrong. I am handling this to give the other officer a break. Thank you, sign here please. 😀

I agree in some ways duty to inform is somewhat obtrusive, but fact is My license plates are tied to my DL, my CHP is tied to my DL. The cop already knows about it when my plates are run or a good probability.

Swifty
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by SheriffJoe

Yeah, that's why it's not called the Nebraska Carry...

When I went to visit my nephew in Arizona last Spring, I saw that he does something very similar, i.e., he has a Glock in a Kydex holster stuffed between his driver's seat and the center console. Not sure if it's legal for just anyone to do it, because he's a cop there. I imagine it is, though, since that state is very good on gun rights.

right after the ccw laws were passed, a guy, the driver, had a gun between the front seats. He had the ccw permit, so they arrested his wife who didn't, as she had access to the gun.
that was one of the reasons my wife got a ccw license.
as the right to carry is in the state constitution, open carry unless in a restricted place is not an issue. few years ago, they changed the laws again, and a non felon with rights of gun ownership has the right to carry without permit.
so to answer your question, it isn't an issue.

come to think of it, a friend of mine driving a mustang convertible by error got in trouble for stashing a gun below the drivers seat and forgot about it. Not really any secure place in a convertible and he thought that was the safest. He bought the ticket when he got stopped for something and the car was search. Not an issue today.

Last edited by RoninPhx; 08/14/19.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
'pends on how tight my pants are. I do practice draw and fire from the pocket, but not to the exclusion of other tactics. The gun is just one tool in the bag. Knifework and sprinting away are at least as important as the gun.

Being sinistral, my first reaction to the idea of drawing while in the driver's seat is to use the vehicle to eliminate the threat rather than the gun. My truck is the biggest bullet I have.

In situations where I think I might be vulnerable to someone "getting the drop" on me, my hand is in my pocket holding the revolver. Doesn't get any faster than that.

Living in a world of G17s and 700s, wishing for P7s and 202s
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
First time I tried to get it out of my pocket while seated so could go in the post office was the last day it was in my pocket when I am driving.
It now comes out of my pocket and is nestled between the parking brake and the console when I am driving.
Moral of the story . . .
Dang near impossible to draw from the pocked while seated in a vehicle, at least not in any reasonable length of time!

Some spelling errors can be corrected by a vowel movement.
~ MOLON LABE ~
IC B2

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

447 members (1_deuce, 17CalFan, 257_X_50, 270cowboy, 16gage, 160user, 54 invisible), 2,721 guests, and 1,398 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,753
Posts18,476,304
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.