-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
“Well mister, we ain’t never seen a [bleep] before”.

Last edited by Alaskajim; 08/11/19.
GB1

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Originally Posted by hanco
Good movie, Dern had small part in Once upon a time in Mexico

He played the Judge in “All The Pretty Horses”

One of his few roles as a good guy. And he played the part really well

Also, I always thought his daughter, Laura Dern was pretty hot in her younger days!

I remember him playing a lead role as a sort of odd but good guy character in a science fiction movie back in the early '70s titled "Silent Running".

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
One of John's very best movies.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I loved that movie.Kinda reminded me of my younger days when little boys went out and worked like men.Watermelon fields,hauling hay and those long days working on the farm.We didn't make a lot of money,but it built a lot of character in young men that carried them through life.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
As Bob Hagel would say"You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong."Good words of wisdom...............
E
ERK Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
E
Very good movie without all the special effects crap. Ed k

IC B2

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
This JW movie has always been favorite of mine for some personal reasons. When it was being filed in 1971, IIRC, the cattle drive scenes were actually filmed on a ranch west of Pagosa Springs Colorado where my wife and I were living in our early marriage years. At the time there was a huge hardware store there called Pagosa Hardware and I knew its owner and wife very well. On a Saturday morning I was in there and the owner introduced me to this tall skinny guy who was Bruce Dern. He was very friendly and I saw him a few times later in the month or so that he was in the area, and he always recognized me and called me by name.

One evening a friend and I went down to the Spring Inn located just across the river in the downtown area for a drink. When we walked in there was this huge guy sitting at a table eating a steak and drinking scotch. It was John Wayne. We nodded to him as we walked by and he asked us if we wanted a drink so we sat down with him. He also was a very cordial person. That routine of eating a burnt steak and drinking scotch was a nightly ritual for him and on two other occasions I shared a scotch with "The Man" as he ate his burnt chunk of meat.

Long time ago............... Still a great movie to watch.

It's official. I missed the selfie deadline so I'm Maser's sock puppet because rene and the Polish half of the fubar twins have decided that I am.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ μολὼν λαβέ
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
K
"There are no Sundays west of Omaha!"

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
With a great story line far removed from the main western them it's partly what makes it one of the best movies....also casting was spot on with all actors...the best bad guy actor and of corse the best good guy of his ara ...

D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
Saw the movie when I was a kid. Being the shortest kid in class (including the girls), I could relate to the little guy who was able to go on the cattle drive when the chalkboard was lowered.

For even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: "If a man will not work, he shall not eat."

2 Thessalonians 3:10
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by BayouRover
This JW movie has always been favorite of mine for some personal reasons. When it was being filed in 1971, IIRC, the cattle drive scenes were actually filmed on a ranch west of Pagosa Springs Colorado where my wife and I were living in our early marriage years. At the time there was a huge hardware store there called Pagosa Hardware and I knew its owner and wife very well. On a Saturday morning I was in there and the owner introduced me to this tall skinny guy who was Bruce Dern. He was very friendly and I saw him a few times later in the month or so that he was in the area, and he always recognized me and called me by name.

One evening a friend and I went down to the Spring Inn located just across the river in the downtown area for a drink. When we walked in there was this huge guy sitting at a table eating a steak and drinking scotch. It was John Wayne. We nodded to him as we walked by and he asked us if we wanted a drink so we sat down with him. He also was a very cordial person. That routine of eating a burnt steak and drinking scotch was a nightly ritual for him and on two other occasions I shared a scotch with "The Man" as he ate his burnt chunk of meat.

Long time ago............... Still a great movie to watch.

Wow!!! Your a very lucky man! What most of us would give to have shared a drink with the MAN. 🤠

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Roscoe Lee Browne also turned in a superb acting job for this movie!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
"Doesn't anything bigger want to work for you?"
LOL

Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 3dtestify
Roscoe Lee Browne also turned in a superb acting job for this movie!

Yep. He was great as Mr. Nightlinger. He was also a WW2 Vet.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I watched most of it last night, and though it's not one of my favorite JW movies, it's an undeniable fact that ANY movie that the Duke made is worth watching as far as I'm concerned. I think Wayne was at his best from the late 40's into the mid 60's.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by kid0917
"Doesn't anything bigger want to work for you?"
LOL

Well.. I’ll bring some sugar-tits to bring along, hahaha!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

540 members (160user, 01Foreman400, 12344mag, 17CalFan, 1234, 10gaugemag, 58 invisible), 3,299 guests, and 1,246 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,711
Posts18,534,893
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.