Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Barkoff
You know I get the apprehension over the red flag laws, but what about red flags raised over anyone who gets 5150’d, would that be acceptable to you?
5150 isn’t arbitrary, it isn’t political, it’s a medical professional stating you are a danger to yourself or others. Seems like something that makes sense, if it doesn’t, then frankly I think you are willing to put the public at risk in order not to budge an inch?
I’m pretty sure that it is already the case that if you are deemed a danger, they would already come get your firearms, so let them deem that a red flag and now they can’t say we don’t care or unwilling to make common sense gun law.

A 5150 must be a medical billing code of some kind. I have never heard of it as being a legal code.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Yeah let's give our right to own firearms over to our doctors. Good plan.

LOL
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You know I get the apprehension over the red flag laws, but what about red flags raised over anyone who gets 5150’d, would that be acceptable to you?
5150 isn’t arbitrary, it isn’t political, it’s a medical professional stating you are a danger to yourself or others. Seems like something that makes sense, if it doesn’t, then frankly I think you are willing to put the public at risk in order not to budge an inch?
I’m pretty sure that it is already the case that if you are deemed a danger, they would already come get your firearms, so let them deem that a red flag and now they can’t say we don’t care or unwilling to make common sense gun law.

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by 700LH

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

Bingo!

KC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Here's the problem.

"At this point it's not clear who asked for the protective order".

Were his 2A rights violated because someone didn't like him?

That's the problem with red flag laws.

Wind in my hair, Sun on my face, I gazed at the wide open spaces, And I was at home.

IC B2

H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
What kind of "medical professional" gets to sign the red flag order? Maybe the same one who asks leading questions during a routine physical exam like "Do you have any firearms at home?" "Have you ever had thoughts of suicide?" "Do you feel depressed?" Etc. It's easy to build a theoretical case that a perfectly normal person is a danger to himself or others, and here comes the Gestapo at the crack of dawn!
Jerry

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Yep, the routine questions nurses ask you when you're admitted to the hospital now take on a deadly dimension. If she accidentally checks yes, next to the question about feeling depressed or suicidal, instead of no, like you actually responded, that will go into your record, and when you are released from the hospital, you may find your home was broken into and your firearms removed. Or, perhaps a week later, you will receive a knock on your door.

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Originally Posted by dassa

P.S. The minute men standing up to the world's largest standing army was just plain stupid, too.

And where would we be if they didn't? We would have no guns, no freedom of speech, due process, ect. I am not going to say that I would have joined them, maybe I would, but probably not.

A few of them lost everything they had, including their wive's and children!!!

However, I am forever grateful that they had the intestinal fortitude to fight for the rights we have now.

Fighting for something you truly believe in will give you the steely resolve to win the fight!!

Stupid? Perhaps...I will not argue that point. Everybody has an opinion.

Brave and courageous? Without a doubt.

By your reasoning, stupid people can build a country.

Imagine what type of a country we would have if the smart people didn't fight the British.

With these Red Flag laws now in affect, I fear we will find out.

Last edited by prplbkrr; 08/11/19.

prplbkrr = Purple Biker

Can't score goals if all you do is pass.
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
When officers began to serve him the order, Willis became irate and grabbed his gun.
He was an idiot. That'll get you shot even when they're giving you a ticket for a barking dog. They didn't shoot him for the red flag law. They shot him in self defense. The cops have the right to defend themselves.

Cops don’t have the right to create, then escalate, a dangerous volatile situation... then shoot you once the situation they created spirals out of their “control”.

Red Flag laws are going to get WAY more people killed, than they’re going to “save”.... half of whom are going to be cops serving said orders...

You better pray to the God of Skinny Punks that this wind doesn't pick up......
H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
I have a pat answer for those questions- - - - -"None of your damned business!" Repeat as required!
Jerry

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
IC B3

KC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
What kind of "medical professional" gets to sign the red flag order? Maybe the same one who asks leading questions during a routine physical exam like "Do you have any firearms at home?" "Have you ever had thoughts of suicide?" "Do you feel depressed?" Etc. It's easy to build a theoretical case that a perfectly normal person is a danger to himself or others, and here comes the Gestapo at the crack of dawn!
Jerry

This is absolutely citical. Define medical health professional. Is it my dental hygienist? A lab tech? Is it a certified mental health doctor like a psychiatrist or just the local school psychologist? Is it my neighbor or my ex-wife who has a grudge against me?

Wind in my hair, Sun on my face, I gazed at the wide open spaces, And I was at home.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Ask Rey Bucky and Virginia McMartin about professional findings

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
I have a pat answer for those questions- - - - -"None of your damned business!" Repeat as required!
Jerry

Make the surly nurse angry with a response like that, and she could check the box next to yes, leading to a knock on your door by the police a few days later. That's all it takes under these Red Flag laws. No judge is going to refuse to authorize it, for fear of things going badly if he doesn't. "Better safe than sorry," will be a judge's attitude on these.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
We all know where this is headed and what they're after, there's no point pretending we don't.

The question is what are we going to do about it?

LOL
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Fireball2
We all know where this is headed and what they're after, there's no point pretending we don't.

The question is what are we going to do about it?

I've already let my US Representative know that I expect him to fight this with great vigor, and that my support for him in the next election is in the balance. Next week, we need to burn up the phone lines into DC to our Senators, US Reps, and the White House.

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E

It’s only as non-arbitrary or political as the medical professional in question. Given the Left’s insistence that words and ideas are violence it is extraordinarily naive that one would not envision where this isn’t making sense.

These are constitutional rights given by God, not arbitrary privileges given by the state.

Big difference.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by efw

It’s only as non-arbitrary or political as the medical professional in question. Given the Left’s insistence that words and ideas are violence it is extraordinarily naive that one would not envision where this isn’t making sense.

These are constitutional rights given by God, not arbitrary privileges given by the state.

Big difference.

Well said.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
When officers began to serve him the order, Willis became irate and grabbed his gun.
He was an idiot. That'll get you shot even when they're giving you a ticket for a barking dog. They didn't shoot him for the red flag law. They shot him in self defense. The cops have the right to defend themselves.

Why were the cops there?

Duh.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Yes, the cops were there because of an illegal law but you don't pull a gun on cops no matter what. All you'll accomplish is getting yourself shot. There are ways to fight illegal laws but getting killed isn't a smart one. The guy was an idiot.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yes, the cops were there because of an illegal law but you don't pull a gun on cops no matter what. All you'll accomplish is getting yourself shot. There are ways to fight illegal laws but getting killed isn't a smart one. The guy was an idiot.

Ya don't suppose it was idiotic that LE was at his door to confiscate guns in the first place?
Just who is supposed to have good judgment or be more responsible at using their brains and have some common sense in this country, the authorities or an individual being accused?

Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

582 members (12344mag, 219DW, 160user, 10gaugemag, 222ND, 10ring1, 64 invisible), 2,376 guests, and 1,268 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,273
Posts18,486,635
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.