Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
These allegation are astonishing to me. I spent seven years in Boy Scouts, in Atlanta back in the sixties. Started in Cub Scouts, then Boy Scouts, then Explorers. My brother was in Scouts with me.

I loved it! I was a suburban kid and my father had no interest in camping out or shooting guns. I loved those camp outs in Scouts and we went out about once a month.
In Boy Scouts, I went to Camp Bert Adams every summer for a week, one summer went for 2 weeks. We had a rifle range at Bert Adams and I got to shoot a .22 single shot, man, I thought I was Wild Bill Hickok. Loved it.
was in Explorers for 2 years and we had all kinds of camp outs, explored caves in n. Georgia etc.

So I knew hundreds of Scouts over the years, and had many many advisors, Scout leaders etc. I never heard a word about any kind of sex pervert stuff going on. Most of our Scout leaders were combat veterans of WW2. These were tough men and certainly didn't seem like a pervert.

You would think, if this stuff was going on, I might have seen a Scout leader luring some kid to his tent at midnight, or someone would have passed a rumor to me about this kind of thing. Hell at Camp Bert Adams there must have been 2,000 Scouts there for a week, but I never heard a peep about any of this kind of stuff.

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by gunswizard
Another once great organization the p hags have phuqued up.

It really is that simple.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
These allegation are astonishing to me. I spent seven years in Boy Scouts, in Atlanta back in the sixties. Started in Cub Scouts, then Boy Scouts, then Explorers. My brother was in Scouts with me.

I loved it! I was a suburban kid and my father had no interest in camping out or shooting guns. I loved those camp outs in Scouts and we went out about once a month.
In Boy Scouts, I went to Camp Bert Adams every summer for a week, one summer went for 2 weeks. We had a rifle range at Bert Adams and I got to shoot a .22 single shot, man, I thought I was Wild Bill Hickok. Loved it.
was in Explorers for 2 years and we had all kinds of camp outs, explored caves in n. Georgia etc.

So I knew hundreds of Scouts over the years, and had many many advisors, Scout leaders etc. I never heard a word about any kind of sex pervert stuff going on. Most of our Scout leaders were combat veterans of WW2. These were tough men and certainly didn't seem like a pervert.

You would think, if this stuff was going on, I might have seen a Scout leader luring some kid to his tent at midnight, or someone would have passed a rumor to me about this kind of thing. Hell at Camp Bert Adams there must have been 2,000 Scouts there for a week, but I never heard a peep about any of this kind of stuff.

It started in the 90's when Levi Strauss pulled their funding of the BSA because they didn't allow queer scout leaders. Then the queers started going to other sponsors and blackmailed them into doing the same thing. Instead of standing up to them, the BSA leadership folded and started allowing queer leaders and later queer scouts. Their membership dropped dramatically and they started allowing girls to make up the difference. That backfired, too.

Many troops are church sponsored and Christian churches won't put up with that. 6 or 7 years ago, they formed Trail Life USA and several other faith based programs that are similar to the scouts. Those groups are exploding all across the country. Trail Life has around 30k members and is growing rapidly. All troops are sponsored by churches and they're very anal with their background checks of leaders to insure that queers and pedophiles aren't there.
By the end of this year, the Mormon church will be out, too, taking close to 200k members off the roles. They're forming their own program but I don't know anything about it.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Yes, all the Scout groups that I was in, in the sixties, were church sponsored. We had all our meetings at various churches around Atlanta.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Shocker.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by JMR40
The pedophiles were in the scouts LOOOONG before homosexuals. Pedophiles masquerade as "normal" people. There are far more preachers, teachers, coaches, and doctors who are married with kids living a normal looking life that turn out to be pedophiles than homosexuals.

OMG do you actually believe your own drivel?

Your claim is analogous to a person that has not paid multiple traffic tickets and also has been convicted of murder.Will he forever be known as a scofflaw or a murderer?

When a male has sex with another male he is a homosexual,whether he's married to a female or not. If he has sex with a male under the age of consent he's a homosexual pedophile.

Homosexuals of both genders have masqueraded as conventional married people to hide the fact they are perverts.Homosexual women who wanted children would marry a male to accomplish their goal while engaging in sex with other lesbians.Now that the supreme court has wrongfully codified marriage as an agreement between two people,regardless of gender,the closeted homosexuals no longer have the need to continue this masquerade.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." **Edmund Burke**

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." **Benjamin Franklin**
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Everything the left touches turns to crap.

Male homosexuals represent approximately 1.6 to 1.7% of our population yet they are responsible for over 30% of all acts of pedophilia.I've stated this before:The male homosexual is the most dangerous sexual predator in any society.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." **Edmund Burke**

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." **Benjamin Franklin**
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
I went through scouting earned Eagle. Had great leaders that volunteered their time for us. None were Pervs. Troop sponsored by a church then the American Legion.
I was aware of another scoutmaster in a town in our district that made me uncomfortable. Turns out he was a predator. This was in the 70s so it isn't a new problem.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The Bible deals with queers several thousand years BC. They're called an abomination even back then. It's certainly nothing new.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

576 members (1lessdog, 160user, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 007FJ, 17CalFan, 58 invisible), 2,490 guests, and 1,328 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,473
Posts18,471,466
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.