Hop To
Page 59 of 117 1 2 57 58 59 60 61 116 117
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by LeroyBeans
Read any elementary biology text.

The ones written by liberals determined to destroy the country, like you?

Pass.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
This is why Christians generally won't respond to this question, because it makes it a bit of a problem to judge and condemn people who believe wrongly in their eyes.

Believe as you like. As a Christian I don't judge you, condemn you or even reproach you. That's way above my pay grade. And any Christian that does otherwise is in peril of the sin of pride.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by rainshot
It's not a threat just a statement and we all will eventually find out.

Of course it's a threat. Your underlying message is repent now or burn forever in a lake of fire.

You say it's just a "statement", great, provide good evidence for it.

Additionally your claim "we all will eventually find out" is also unsupported. If you are dead, and there's no existence after death, you will not exist in a state capable of experience, so no, you won't find out....

Where is (good) evidence there is no existence after death?

Where is your (good) evidence you will not exist in a state capable of experience?

Where is your evidence that you won’t find out?

If you claim God doesn’t exist, you bear the burden of proof. Your evidence for atheism is missing. I have yet to see scientific evidence that God doesn’t exist.

Your convince-me scientific mindset is growing wearisome...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Starman
if one has the Spirit ,they are then controlled not by their sinful nature but by the Spirit.

Nobody is "controlled" by the Holy Spirit. Guided maybe, but not controlled. You are free to ignore your guide's advice.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by nighthawk
Now demonstrate that your god actually exists.

Demonstrate that He doesn't.

It is the positive claim that has the burden of proof.

Well, maybe there’s another way to look at this..... perhaps the being that was ....created....has a responsibility to the one who created him and will indeed be held accountable for the life he has been given?

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
if one has the Spirit ,they are then controlled not by their sinful nature but by the Spirit.

Nobody is "controlled" by the Holy Spirit. Guided maybe, but not controlled. You are free to ignore your guide's advice.

CONTROL {def}

the power to influence or direct people's behaviour or the course of events.

to exercise restraining or directing influence over.

To adjust to a requirement; regulate.

Jesus received the holy Sprit at his baptism and he was clearly influenced by it when being led
into the wilderness.

You would have to be a goose to say Jesus was not controlled/directed/steered/guided by the Spirit in some way.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Fubarski

Pass.

That's quite a leap. From science to destroying the country.

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

So in Heaven you are able to do all the wrong things that you do on Earth....That pesky free will at work, making wrong decisions.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DBT
If you're about to protest that infinite goodness, by definition, wouldn't allow evil to exist, you're not alone.

Classic non-sequitur.

The key being ''infinite goodness'' - the presence of evil means that goodness is not infinite. The presence of evil means that God is part good, part evil

You keep anthropomorphizing God. God is infinite. Therefore what we call good and what we call evil are created by Him and for Him. We humans are closer in likeness to a dirt clod than we are to an Infinite God.

If you read the book "Genetic Entropy and the Mystery of the Genome" and don't reject evolution you choose evolution over the facts, not because of the facts. Try not to disparage the author. He is way ahead of you in education and perhaps intelligence. After all in invented the gene splicing gun and has at least seventy patents in that area.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by xxclaro
Originally Posted by rainshot
One either chooses to believe or not. We all have free will and sometimes we trust what we think we know rather than what truly is. God gives us a choice. In the end you will reap the reward you have earned.

Why do people keep trotting out this utterly stupid statement? Time and again, every religious thread brings it out. Can people simply not think? Choose to believe in the Easter bunny....go ahead, try it. How about Santa Claus? There's no downside, only benefits. Free presents, free chocolate eggs....maybe it only happens if you believe? But you can't, because it seems ridiculous to you. This is why Christians generally won't respond to this question, because it makes it a bit of a problem to judge and condemn people who believe wrongly in their eyes.

Well put.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DBT

So in Heaven you are able to do all the wrong things that you do on Earth....That pesky free will at work, making wrong decisions.

In this life I get drunk as often as I want. I commit adultery as often as I want. I exceed the speed limit as often as I want.

You don't understand. Spirit filled individuals don't want to do those things.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Jesus received the holy Sprit at his baptism and he was clearly influenced by it when being led
into the wilderness.

You would have to be a goose to say Jesus was not controlled /steered/guided by the Spirit in some way.

C'mon, we all know what control, as in I control that radio control toy truck, means. Jesus could have said screw it, I'm going fishing with my buddy Peter.

Which explains a lot.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Ringman

The hell they don't! laugh

Which explains a lot.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

C'mon, we all know what control, as in I control that radio control toy truck, means. Jesus could have said screw it,
I'm going fishing with my buddy Peter.

I will stick to adullt dictionary definitions.

control = steer = direct = influence = guide= adjust = regulate.

People who use hunting guides or PHs, ..are they controlled like a radio controlled truck?

or do they put themselves under the control/inifluence of their guide/PH..?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The definitions you like anyway...

1. the power to influence or direct people's behavior or the course of events.
"the whole operation is under the control of a production manager"
synonyms: jurisdiction, sway, power, authority, command, dominance, domination, government, mastery, leadership, rule, reign, sovereignty, supremacy, ascendancy, predominance, hegemony; More

Which explains a lot.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
So you don't accept the widely accepted definitions of CONTROL that the educated informed world goes by.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
It’s real grace that changes a believer. The transformational power of our rebirth in Jesus is what keeps us from continuing to sin (as before the Holy Spirit connected us to God).

We’re still sinners in sinful bodies, but now we have the Holy Spirit within us to guide, direct, and and prompt us along the rocky road of life.

D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by Ringman

The hell they don't! laugh

As Flip Wilson said, "The devil made me do it!" Guess that makes everything evil the work of the devil, not man's.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by Fubarski

Pass.

That's quite a leap. From science to destroying the country.

Not to mention the liberal part as well. Biology is the same in every country, every political party.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
What I don't accept is cherry picking alternate definitions to force the result you want. To the common meaning of control on par with with "suggest" is absurd.

Which explains a lot.
Page 59 of 117 1 2 57 58 59 60 61 116 117

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

80 members (007FJ, 35, 444Matt, 7mm_Loco, 6mmCreedmoor, 12 invisible), 1,488 guests, and 858 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,370
Posts18,488,308
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.