Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
F
fester Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by gunswizard
Bought a Braun a while ago and it sits in the drawer, it is a real POS missed as many whiskers as it shaved.

That is my problem..... dang thing wouldn’t cut my whiskers

GB1

F
fester Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by Traveler52
Harry's all the way. They seem to last twice as long as anything else I have used.
Been using them for a few years now.
Love there shave cream also.

I like Harry’s as well.

Dollar shave.... meh. Blades dulled after one use.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Safety razors for me. I have several Gillette vintage razors...adjustable and non-adjustable. I settled on the Rockwell 6S razor and Polsilver Iridium blades. Mitchell's Wool Fat soap with a badger brush. I actually enjoy shaving again!

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
If you're one of those twitch fellows who cuts himself with a safety razor then you'd better stay away from one like this:

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Feather Safety Razor and Shave Secret Shave Oil.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
As Bob Hagel would say"You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong."Good words of wisdom...............
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Looks like I will be switching from Harry's. They have gone full blow LIBTARD.

Gun Owners of America
Escapee's RV Club
Elks
Moose
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I know of some fellas that tried to use helicopter tail rotors. It's kinda messy.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by 16bore
These if you shave your noggin.....

[Linked Image]

These are very good. On a day to day basis I like them and have used them in rivers, showers, dry, you name it. I get a close shave and hardly ever a nick. Been buying them bulk when on sale for as long as they've been out. Generally nowadays I go a week or more and grow a heavy thick beard. I much more enjoy how the safety razors handle it. Gillette adjustable vintage butterfly is UBER. Hit and miss for non-adjustable razors so far. Only need a few so I am almost set. The real cheap Astra blades worked fine for me but trying some Feathers now which seem to stay sharp longer...

My Harry's razor is spoken for. As long as we don't too sissy about it, shaving threads are cool.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
What a silly thing to do every day.

I am MAGA.
I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Yes, hell I even manage to cut myself once in a while with a Mach 3, especially the first two or three weeks on a new blade. All it takes is a bit of side slip with the razor and I got blood dripping off my chin.

Shower at about 103 degrees and shave with Edge gel as soon as I step out of shower.

I shave three times per week. A real Mach 3 blade will last me four months easy. Generic replacements last about three months. No, I do not whine much about the cost of cartridges.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
IC B3

F
fester Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Yes, hell I even manage to cut myself once in a while with a Mach 3, especially the first two or three weeks on a new blade. All it takes is a bit of side slip with the razor and I got blood dripping off my chin.

Shower at about 103 degrees and shave with Edge gel as soon as I step out of shower.

I shave three times per week. A real Mach 3 blade will last me four months easy. Generic replacements last about three months. No, I do not whine much about the cost of cartridges.

I always nick under my nose.....

I need a nose hair trimmer. I’m tired of using my gerber to pull those mo fos out.....

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
I don't believe there's a blade made that will last four months for me, or four weeks for that matter. Four days maybe.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Electrics still get the job done as long as you dope up your face with electric shaving oily stuff. I like wally worlds two blade throw away wet razors. Fifty Two for a couple bucks and, no, one won't shave a fella for a week.

The things that come to those that wait may be the things left by those who got there first.

Unk
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Being on Plavix, Eliquis, and Aspirin a nick turns into a three ring circus. As much as I hate an electric shaver I have no choice.
Hasbeen

hasbeen
(Better a has been than a never was!)

NRA Patron member
Try to live your life where the preacher doesn't have to lie at your funeral
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Beard trimmer every few days for the stubble look. I hate shaving.

Carpe' Scrotum
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by hasbeen1945
Being on Plavix, Eliquis, and Aspirin a nick turns into a three ring circus. As much as I hate an electric shaver I have no choice.
Hasbeen

I too bleed like the proverbial stuck pig!

Can't imagine the evolutionary benefit of having hair everywhere but my forhead and tip of my [bleep].

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer

Can't imagine the evolutionary benefit of having hair everywhere but my forhead and tip of my [bleep].

God's design, pal... wink

Carpe' Scrotum
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have been hesitant to go with the safety razor.

I'm not worried about nicks, but it seems like you have to buy a bunch of products just to make it work - pre wash, pre oil, lather, post shave oil. Plus I'm not interested in the nostalgia of shaving in the last century. It just seems like a big damned hassle.

Right now I'm using the cartridges and a cheap can of shave cream in the shower and want to get it done in a hurry. Can you quickly run a safety razor without cutting up your mug?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I wear a short beard, so I'm only shaving my neck and upper cheeks, but I've been satisfied with the cheapo Schick two-blade disposables. I dropped Gillette a few months back after all their PC garbage commercials. The Schick razors aren't as sharp as the Gillette versions, but the edges hold up for more shaves before needing replacement, so it is a wash. I also shave in the shower, with a small anti-fog mirror. Rub a little soap on it, rinse it in hot water, and hang it back on its holder to have a clear view of my face. Very few cuts, ever, although I shave ever other day.

Now with even more aplomb
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Uhhh.....yeah.

Edge shave gel and a safety razor.

Skip all that other garbage.

I am MAGA.
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

193 members (14idaho, 16penny, 308xray, 450yukon, 2ndwind, 28 invisible), 1,773 guests, and 1,124 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,864
Posts18,478,638
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.