Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by gonehuntin
Unpossible! Sierra Club told me that there have been only *three documented wolf attacks on humans ever* and none since 1803!!

/sarc

What?!!
When they were introducing Canadian wolves to Idaho, they insisted that wolves NEVER attack humans. Why are they walking it back now?

Ah, whatever. Has to be fake news.

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by slumlord
Did they cry wolf?

Hey!!!! What you did there, I saw it.

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by BowRiverFlyGuy
Banff is a National Park, so no firearms allowed.

Another gun-free zone.

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A dingo stole my baby !

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Originally Posted by Rooster7
He's lucky. Bet he carries a sidearm from now on if they ever go camping again.

Was in Canaduh.

How about a big old Bowie knife, then?

IC B2

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by slumlord
Did they cry wolf?

Nothing wrong with crying wolf when there really is one.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Rooster7
He's lucky. Bet he carries a sidearm from now on if they ever go camping again.

Was in Canaduh.

Nah. He won't. Wifey is an internet "influencer". Read between the lines.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Wolf "good help is hard to find"

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Nah. He won't. Wifey is an internet "influencer". Read between the lines.

Goosey?

Tarquin?

LaRoy?

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Firearms are not allowed in National Parks; just like Yellowstone, Glacier, or the Everglades National park. It is possible to have a rifle in your car if you don't talk about it and keep it out of sight. In this instance, a spear would have sufficed. GD

IC B3

Steve Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
"Congress approved a new law allowing loaded firearms in national parks starting Feb. 22, 2010. That means people can openly carry legal handguns, rifles, shotguns and other firearms and also may carry concealed guns as allowed by state statute."

US national parks:
https://www.nps.gov/grca/learn/management/upload/Firearms-in-IMRparks2-2010.pdf

Not sure about Canada.

Carpe' Scrotum
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L

In training to be an obedient master to my two labs

Shooting, fishing and hunting
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by greydog
Firearms are not allowed in National Parks; just like Yellowstone, Glacier, or the Everglades National park. It is possible to have a rifle in your car if you don't talk about it and keep it out of sight. In this instance, a spear would have sufficed. GD

Dead wrong about U.S. parks, I don't know about your Canadian parks. Though a member has already posted saying they are a no-go.

MAGA
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Wolves have an uncanny ability to ascertain when they’re dealing with an unarmed dumbarse!

As for anyone adhering to a dumbass regulation concerning firearms not being allowed in National Parks it would seem quite appropriate that they would have their asses eaten! Same as folks stupid enough to pet bison!

Last edited by Sharpsman; 08/14/19.

Even birds know not to land downwind!
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C

Slept out overnite in Banff a number of years ago.....had my Sako .264 close by . Would do the same today.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
That ain't right. That wolf must have had rabies.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
FROM THE ARTICLE " ... It was like something out of a horror movie. Matt literally threw his body in front of me and the boys, and fought the Wolf as it ripped apart our tent and his arms and hands. We were screaming for help as he was fighting it and trying to save us, for what felt like an eternity (but I think was anywhere from 1-3 minutes). ..."

From the description stated here, it does not seem to me that the husband would have had time to use a long gun or a handgun, even if he'd had one. In Canada guns are banned in Canadian National Parks, so the man would not have been armed anyway.

Here in the U.S., maybe a man or woman might be able to bring a handgun into play but again, in that circumstance, it would seem there just would not be time, nor the space to bring one into play, especially with a couple of kids in the same tent. A rifle or shotgun would be extremely awkward in such a situation.

Seems to me just a case of very bad luck, being in the wrong place at the right time.

Hope the wolf did not have rabies. I hear those rabies shots are very unpleasant.

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Lots of stuff wrong with that story... Lots.

Thinking they have solved the problem by killing a single wolf is a major fuggup. Obviously, the whole pack structure there has been conditioned to humans to the point they are a danger from here on out.

No gun... When are people gonna realize they are not at the top of the food chain? Either in the city, or in nature?

Hey, there's lots of folks in the camp. What's the chances it's going for you. It's the same as afreakans washing clothes in the river. The crocodile only gets one every few weeks. wink

Hes lucky it wasn't a bear.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by greydog

Dead wrong about U.S. parks, I don't know about your Canadian parks. Though a member has already posted saying they are a no-go.

Yep. Total Bullschitt in American National Parks. I know for a fact you can carry in a American National Park if you have a handgun permit.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Leanwolf
FROM THE ARTICLE " ... It was like something out of a horror movie. Matt literally threw his body in front of me and the boys, and fought the Wolf as it ripped apart our tent and his arms and hands. We were screaming for help as he was fighting it and trying to save us, for what felt like an eternity (but I think was anywhere from 1-3 minutes). ..."

From the description stated here, it does not seem to me that the husband would have had time to use a long gun or a handgun, even if he'd had one. In Canada guns are banned in Canadian National Parks, so the man would not have been armed anyway.

Here in the U.S., maybe a man or woman might be able to bring a handgun into play but again, in that circumstance, it would seem there just would not be time, nor the space to bring one into play, especially with a couple of kids in the same tent. A rifle or shotgun would be extremely awkward in such a situation.

Seems to me just a case of very bad luck, being in the wrong place at the right time.

Hope the wolf did not have rabies. I hear those rabies shots are very unpleasant.

L.W.

Rabies shots are no big deal nowadays. They sucked when I was a kid. I had to take them in the stomach.

Those folks had BETTER take the shots. The alternative is grim

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

232 members (160user, 12344mag, 280rem_cm, 35, 2UP, 44mc, 22 invisible), 1,663 guests, and 1,046 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,244
Posts18,485,973
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.