Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
,...to push for gun control.

I wish she would take up another hobby.

https://www.axios.com/ivanka-trump-...e7f4d65-dea5-4388-989b-0182a9301800.html

Behind the scenes: Ivanka Trump spoke last Wednesday to Sen. Joe Manchin (D-W.Va.), while he was vacationing in Hawaii, to get an update on the bipartisan background checks bill he proposed with Sen. Pat Toomey (R-Penn.).

GB1

DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Princess Ivanka....all bow down.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
NOT presidential material, as some have suggested !

if a man speaks, and there isn't a woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Folks, it's unavoidable that we will get red flag laws and private party background checks out of the latest mass murders. Those laws will temporarily placate some. There will continue to be a movement back toward the Clinton era bans. Feel good stuff that won't stop mass murders. For most of us it will be an inconvenience when we want to sell a friend a gun. For some, the red flag laws will be misapplied, and those who misapply the laws will never suffer any consequences for it. It'd be nice if when they draft the red flag laws they'd build in provisions for criminally charging those who provide false information, stonewall hearings etc. with malicious intent.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Folks, it's unavoidable

[Linked Image]

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Heard a caller on Rush make a good point, negotiate something for something, then watch the democrats balk.
Better backgrounds for standardized carry in all states. Then the democrats be the ones to grind negotiations to a halt.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Barkoff
Heard a caller on Rush make a good point, negotiate something for something, then watch the democrats balk.
Better backgrounds for standardized carry in all states. Then the democrats be the ones to grind negotiations to a halt.

more winning? Oh, I love winning

MOLON LABE

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Guys, relax. Take alook at what this says. First, it's from Axios. Do you trust that site as unbiased? Start there.

Now:

Behind the scenes: Ivanka Trump spoke last Wednesday to Sen. Joe Manchin (D-W.Va.), while he was vacationing in Hawaii, to get an update on the bipartisan background checks bill he proposed with Sen. Pat Toomey (R-Penn.).

The measure, which was initially introduced in 2013 after the Sandy Hook shooting, would expand background checks to nearly all commercial firearm sales.
"She called Manchin and said she was trying to get a sense of what bills are out there," a Manchin aide told Axios. "She had him explain how they drafted the bill, where it stands and what changes needed to be made in order for it to pass."
But she didn't signal a White House position.
The call followed President Trump's own conversations with Manchin last Monday and Tuesday, first reported by the WashPost, in which he told the senator that he wanted legislation before the Senate returns from recess in September.
The backdrop: Following the mass shootings, Ivanka Trump posted a note on her Instagram story calling on Congress to "enact Red Flag laws/Extreme Risk Protection Orders in every state, increase resources dedicated to mental health support nationwide and close background check loopholes."

"You can strongly support and defend the 2nd Amendment while calling for these common sense, and long-overdue reforms," she concluded
She later reiterated that call to action on Twitter.
A White House official said Ivanka "has trusted relationships on both sides of the aisle and she is working in concert with the White House policy and legislative teams.".

IF ( and only IF) this is accurate, what do we see? Ivan called manchin to get him to explain how they drafted the billed and why it didn't pass. In other words, you COULD see that as a way to find out what stalled it and how to attack it.

She didn't signal a WH position. Got that? Neither promoted or condemned it. Makes it more of a fact finding mission to see what the other side is up to.

Also, wanted to get the pulse on Manchin not to sit on this, and to get out pronto. You could read that as introduce it so we can kill it again.

Ivanka "has trusted relationships on both sides of the aisle and she is working in concert with the White House policy and legislative teams." This means people will talk to her when they don't want the MSM to know they are working with Trump directly.

This is politics, people.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Ivanka "has trusted relationships on both sides of the aisle

Consorting with the enemy must be a family trait. grin

[Linked Image]

MOLON LABE

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
But she is married to a joo, therefore the weakminded must do deep research to determine the evil motives. Bad sources of information are catnip to the true believers.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by watch4bear

On GC, please tell me what we've "won".....................

MM

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Put this in your catnip mf'r

[Linked Image]

MOLON LABE

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
ob·sess
/əbˈses/
Learn to pronounce
verb
past tense: obsessed; past participle: obsessed
preoccupy or fill the mind of (someone) continually, intrusively, and to a troubling extent.
"he was obsessed with the theme of death"
synonyms: preoccupy, be uppermost in someone's mind, prey on someone's mind, prey on, possess, haunt, consume, plague, torment, hound, bedevil, take control of, take over, become an obsession with, have a hold on, engross, eat up, have a grip on, grip, dominate, rule, control, beset, monopolize More
(of a person) be preoccupied with or constantly worrying about something.
"her husband, who is obsessing about the wrong she has done him"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Good one billy, You really showed that guy grin

Your amazing, now get yourself a cookie grin

MOLON LABE

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Good one billy, You really showed that guy grin

Your amazing, now get yourself a cookie grin

I will. Get yourself some help.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
All this has happened before. What matter is the final result, meaning what gets passed, signed, then survives court challenges.

I'm somewhat encouraged that Trump mentioned "due process" the other day. My main concern is that any red flag law has penalties for vindictive false reports. We shall see.

Background checks for private sales are unenforceable for guns already out there. As a personal matter, they wouldn't affect me much if at all because I seldom buy or sell outside the "system" and even the stuff I give to my children has to go through a dealer, but I'm decidedly against it in principle. That's not the case for others, I know.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Background checks for private sales are unenforceable for guns already out there.

Except that doing so, makes you a felon

As a personal matter, they wouldn't affect me much if at all because I seldom buy or sell outside the "system" and even the stuff I give to my children has to go through a dealer,

The end of gun shows on this side of enemy lines.

MOLON LABE

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MontanaMan

On GC, please tell me what we've "won".....................

MM

Sen. Chuck Grassley sat on a national concealed carry bill and let it expire last year - isn't that winning in CONgress??

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
THE SKY IS FALLING AGAIN !

WE ALL GOING TO DIE ! grin

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Background checks for private sales are unenforceable for guns already out there.

Except that doing so, makes you a felon
Except they can't prove it.

Politics is War by Other Means
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

633 members (10gaugemag, 160user, 10ring1, 19rabbit52, 06hunter59, 12344mag, 75 invisible), 3,231 guests, and 1,155 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,630
Posts18,533,199
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.