$50 for a 12" pan...better be good

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Kyhilljack
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Originally Posted by Dutch
I've completely given up on non-stick, so no advice here. As a matter of fact, got two new steel skillets and a steel wok delivered today. Season, don't abuse, and they are as non-stick as just about anything.

How did you season them?

Rub olive oil on them and put them in a 200 degree oven.

You’ve done it now.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by woodson
Looking to replace a couple non stick pans. Anyone have good experience with quality/durable non stick pans? Not interested in cast iron so this isn’t the what this thread is for.

After reading this opening, I wonder just how long it will take for the first one to show up.

Update - Now that I've read the thread, it actually took a little longer than I had expected.

Last edited by 5sdad; 08/14/19.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
All Clad makes some very good stuff. Their Cop R Chef line is extremely good, but pricey. We have had several, for many years, they get used a lot, still work like new, and look good.

Imagine your grave on a windy winter night. You've been dead for 70 years.
It's been 50 since a visitor last paused at your tombstone.....
Now explain why you're in a pissy mood today.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by SandBilly
Originally Posted by Kyhilljack
I've completely given up on non-stick, so no advice here. As a matter of fact, got two new steel skillets and a steel wok delivered today. Season, don't abuse, and they are as non-stick as just about anything.

How did you season them?

Rub olive oil on them and put them in a 200 degree oven.

You’ve done it now.

225 degrees ?

We pray our sights be straight
and our aim be true
We pray for no pain
to the game we pursue
We thank you Lord
for this land
We thank you for the sights
from our stands
We pray for safety, one and all
We pray we may return next fall
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
My brother has one of those copper ceramic pans and loves it.

We have some stainless ones, with an aluminum disc clad in stainless on the bottom, that used properly are nearly non -stick.

Have on small tramontina or circulon pan the wife likes and I use on occasion. Held up pretty good, but if my wife didn't like it so much it would get replaced.

I might like to give the steel ones like Dutch one day. Woks work really well once seasoned properly, can't see why a fry pan of the same construction wouldn't.

Good luck,

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

How did you season them?

I have no magic to offer.

I remove the oil they are shipped with, and then use whatever oil I use to cook with (olive oil for skillets, peanut oil for woks) and just heat them up on the stove top. Cool them, wipe out the oil again. Start using them. Never use soap. Hot water if necessary, but immediately oil again before putting them away. I've cooked with the wok for 35 years, at least weekly, and nothing sticks. My steel (NOT cast iron!) fry pan makes my eggs most mornings with a little olive oil, and they slide right out. It's going on 10 years now, and just gets better.

Volrath pan at Webrestaurantstore.com. $25 or so.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by night_owl
Warning: to protect the delicate non-stick surface, keep out of the reach of females.

You are so correct it is like you've met my wife and daughter.

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
We have 4 copper pans we have them probably 4 or 5 years and they have been wonderful not high end stuff they are really durable.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Got Granitestone diamond something and it has been better than the copper, teflon and all so far. They claim it will stand an oven and steel spatula, but not a sharp knife. Haven't tried that yet. 10 inch 20 bucks at Walmart. Will probably go for the 12 inch later. I didnt find a lid though but have one from a stainless set that works
With a little effort you can get anything to stick

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Brad
I love the campfire... you ask about non-stick, and get told cast iron. An no, all non-stick are not the same.

I've been around professional kitchens, and for their non-stick needs many use Tramontina. USA made, and fantastic. I have a 12" and love it.

In Idaho, Alpo/tater hash doesnt stick to cast-arn above 6500ft. Especially of youve seasoned your pan with pabst blue ribbon and tuna oil.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by slumlord
I love the campfire... you ask about non-stick, and get told cast iron. An no, all non-stick are not the same.

I've been around professional kitchens, and for their non-stick needs many use Tramontina. USA made, and fantastic. I have a 12" and love it.

In Idaho, Alpo/tater hash doesnt stick to cast-arn above 6500ft. Especially of youve seasoned your pan with pabst blue ribbon and tuna oil.

You run outta moon pies or something?

Schit.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
I mostly use cast iron but just bought a set of All-Clad fry pans. It's made in the USA and a lifetime warranty. Some of their line can get pricey. No complaints so far.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by tdbob
I'll second T-Fal pans.

We could never get t fal to last.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by slumlord

Lmao

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by tdbob
I'll second T-Fal pans.

We could never get t fal to last.

I can't get anything that's solid aluminum to last. They warp.

But that one T Fal that has the stainless steel bottom hasn't.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I learned long ago I can't keep a cast iron skillet or a good carving knife from my wife's soapy cleanliness and dishwasher infatuation.

Just today I checked on my cast iron skillet hidden in the hunt box. Good to go.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
They're probably not the best thing eva, but, I bought two copper colored 10" pans off an infomercial and they are slick SOBs. Thin enough I am hesitant to go too hot. Twenty bucks.

But really, cast iron is best, LOL.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Nothing better to cook fried eggs with

S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
target was selling the t fal so cheap you could work the heck out of it and toss it. for a nonstick pan i like that strategy better than paying more and wondering how well it will hold up

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

606 members (1moredeer, 160user, 10gaugemag, 1OntarioJim, 10ring1, 007FJ, 74 invisible), 2,362 guests, and 1,234 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,714
Posts18,494,533
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.