Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Doc as far as I am concerned.. where you were wasn't glamorous ...
but as far as I can decipher... you were a Navy medic attached to the Marines...

in the Schitt and saving the lives of our boys in combat....

From a fellow medic, who never received the call to go into combat, but with the training I received, I know first hand of what you went thru, along with the rest of the fellow medics who served...

Thank you for your sacrifice and thank you for being there, to help a lot of wounded Marines make it home.

A salute of respect and thank you for your service...

you didn't miss much at Woodstock anyway in the big picture of things.

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

GB1

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by 16bore
Originally Posted by Raeford
We do the SWVA version every year, love watching the GenX and Millenials flitter about......
FloydFest

https://floydfest.com/

My tent and JetBoil have been 3 times. I’ve never gone though. 😆

We camped this year but the fact we live less than 30 minutes made life easy, run home whenever and shower etc

FJB & FJT
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
I was 18 years old and living in Atlanta. I was at the Atlanta Pop Festival in July. It was a huge festival, about as big as Woodstock, we had over 300,000 people there. I saw Jimi Hendrix play the Star Spangled Banner at midnight, fantastic! You never heard of our festival?
That's because, they didn't make a movie of Atlanta Pop Festival. The clever Yankees did the PR right with the movie and Woodstock became a legend. Our festival is forgotten.

Several times during our festival, the announcer said "Next month there will be a big festival in upstate New York and y'all ought to try to go there it should be really great."
I wanted to go to Woodstock but I had other stuff to do I didn't make it.
I knew one guy who went up there and he said it was a muddy hell hole, it rained all the time and it was utter misery.
Opposite of the Atlanta festival, where it was 99 degrees and humid, a hot hell hole.

16bore Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Seafire
Doc as far as I am concerned.. where you were wasn't glamorous ...
but as far as I can decipher... you were a Navy medic attached to the Marines...

in the Schitt and saving the lives of our boys in combat....

From a fellow medic, who never received the call to go into combat, but with the training I received, I know first hand of what you went thru, along with the rest of the fellow medics who served...

Thank you for your sacrifice and thank you for being there, to help a lot of wounded Marines make it home.

A salute of respect and thank you for your service...

you didn't miss much at Woodstock anyway in the big picture of things.

I just recently caught the movie “Hacksaw Ridge”, pretty amazing story.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I went to the Atlanta International Pop Festival the month before Woodstock also. Crazy time indeed and great people and great music.

IC B2

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Originally Posted by Seafire
I was 17 the Summer of 69......

If you ever saw the movie, or listened to the album, one guy is on stage and talking about how many people are there and how it was a lot more than expected...

then he says " New York Thruway is closed Man!"

that is where me and my buddies were, in a VW Bug... we never got there because of that...

We were from metro DC, in Northern VA

I was 16, too far to go!

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Thank you Doc for standing watch while the kids played.

One reason that Woodstock was so much more famous is that the promoters had the foresight to deploy an army of cameramen
and film everything. I would love to see all of the footage shot, unedited. I reckon that film would be about 12 hours long.

As Graham Nash said, if everybody who claims to have been there actually was there, the earth would have tilted.

Back in '74 I borrowed a friend's Woodstock album and played it on our Grundig Hi-Fi(not even stereo). Just as Jimi was really getting cranked up on the National Anthem, Dad walked in.

It didn't go well.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Rush is getting ready to respond to a caller on what he thinks of Woodstock 50 years later.

https://www.iheart.com/live/news-radio-1000-ktok-1909/

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
16bore Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
You can summarize....

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

545 members (1minute, 1_deuce, 1Longbow, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 1234, 67 invisible), 2,380 guests, and 1,274 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,540
Posts18,472,850
Members73,939
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.