Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
going to have to make some.

https://www.modernhoney.com/chuys-c...EwqvWyXaYpIWjP0H2WRfQ0ldKPJaKgyCjE38rxrA

Chuy’s Copycat Version Creamy Jalapeno Dip

I lived in Texas for about 2 days before everyone and their dog was telling me all about this famous Chuy’s creamy jalapeno dip that I must try asap. Of course, I ditched unpacking in my quest to do some culinary research. Was it really as good as everyone said? I wanted to be the judge.

Dean and I chose a weekend night and drove straight to Chuy’s. There was a line out the door and a long wait. That is always a good sign! People seemed to love this place — even if it was for the star of the show, the creamy jalapeno dip.

We sat down and within minutes, the creamy jalapeno dip was sitting right in front of me. A basket of hot chips, fresh out of the fryer were beckoning me. I took the tortilla chip and dipped it into what looked more like a cilantro jalapeno dressing than anything and took the first bite. Wow. This stuff was straight up addicting.

Before I knew it, Dean and I had devoured an entire basket of chips and he was asking for more. Trouble. I was hooked on this creamy jalapeno dip and there was no turning back!

We just flew back to San Antonio last week for my darling niece’s wedding (hi Amanda!). I married into such a wonderful family and loved being with the Stadler crew.

We had a Mexican feast on Sunday and another darling niece (I have a lot of them), Haley, was bringing it! She is a little whiz in the kitchen and shared her version of Chuy’s famous creamy cilantro jalapeno dip. Once she put it out on the table, it was like watching vultures. It was a huge hit and I begged her for the recipe!

Chuy's Creamy Jalapeno Cilantro Dip Dressing. A copycat recipe for Chuy's famous jalapeno dip. This creamy jalapeno dip can be served with chips, drizzled on a burrito bowl, or as a dressing on a salad. Creamy Jalapeno Cilantro dressing makes everything taste good! Also a Cafe Rio cilantro ranch dressing copycat recipe. www.modernhoney.com

This is our version of the Chuy’s famous creamy jalapeno dip is super simple to make and can be whipped up in less than 10 minutes. I without a doubt could drink this stuff….all day long. It is also reminiscent of Cafe Rio or Costa Vida’s cilantro ranch dressing. You can use this dressing to drizzle on a salad, a burrito bowl, or just as an appetizer.

How do you make this famous Chuy’s creamy jalapeno cilantro dip dressing? You start with jarred jalapenos and cilantro pureed in a blender. You can use fresh jalapenos as well but I prefer the jarred jalapenos as I can control the heat. The jarred jalapenos are much milder than fresh ones but give off a crazy amount of flavor. Fresh cilantro brings the freshness and balances out the heat.

Both sour cream and mayonnaise are used as the base of this creamy cilantro ranch dressing. A packet of dry ranch dressing dip brings that ranch flavor that everyone seems to love. If you want to add more freshness, throw in a couple of tomatillos. You can use fresh tomatillos or canned tomatillos. Buttermilk makes a huge difference in this dressing and use just enough to thin it to desired consistency and taste.

The jalapenos and cilantro are pureed in a blender or food processor. My favorite inexpensive food processor can be found HERE.

Chuy's Creamy Jalapeno Cilantro Dip Dressing. A copycat recipe for Chuy's famous jalapeno dip. This creamy jalapeno dip can be served with chips, drizzled on a burrito bowl, or as a dressing on a salad. Creamy Jalapeno Cilantro dressing makes everything taste good! Also a Cafe Rio cilantro ranch dressing copycat recipe. www.modernhoney.com
4.84 from 18 votes
Print
Chuy's Creamy Jalapeno Cilantro Dip Dressing
Prep Time
10 mins
Total Time
10 mins

This popular dip/dressing can be a great dip for chips or a flavorful dressing on a salad or burrito bowl.
Course: Dressing/Dip
Cuisine: Mexican
Keyword: creamy jalapeno dip
Servings: 8
Calories: 205 kcal
Author: Melissa Stadler, Modern Honey
Ingredients

3/4 cup Sour Cream
3/4 cup Mayonnaise (if you prefer less mayonnaise, you may use 1 cup of sour cream and 1/2 cup mayonnaise)
1 packet 1 oz Dry Ranch Dip
1/4 teaspoon Garlic Salt
1/2 cup Cilantro (tightly packed, may add more for fresh flavor)
3/4 cup Pickled Jalapenos (plus juice from a jar (may add up to 1 cup depending on heat preference)
1/2 cup Buttermilk (if you want it to be thinner, add more buttermilk)
2 Tomatillos optional
2 teaspoons Fresh Lime Juice optional

Instructions

In a medium mixing bowl, stir together sour cream, mayonnaise, ranch dip packet, and garlic salt.
In blender or food processor, puree cilantro and pickled jalapenos with a little juice. (If using tomatillos, blend with jalapenos and cilantro).
Add cilantro jalapeno puree to mayo mixture.
Stir in buttermilk until you reach desired consistency. Add fresh lime juice, if using.
Refrigerate until ready to serve.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter

G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
Tag

Thanks.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
My wife makes something similar only without the mayo. It’s good but much better with fresh jalopenos

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
i'm going to use serranos.

Old 300
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Looks worth a try to me aside from tightly packed cilantro. Don't like that sheet. Loosely packed at best for me there!

Originally Posted By: slumlord

people that text all day get on my nerves

just knowing that people are out there with that ability,....just makes me wanna punch myself in the balls
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
really good just made some but used serranos instead.

Old 300
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Wonder how it would be with Rotel replacing tomatoes?

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
no tomato's, tomatilos

Old 300
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
but i don't why you couldn't use them.

Old 300
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Gotcha.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Looks like it could use some cream cheese? What do you think, Rog?

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
i'll try some next time i make some.

Old 300
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Wait, Wait, used peppers???

"used serranos instead."

G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
Made it, took it to a get together tonight, aimed towards one woman that loves Chuys & eats there 2-3 times a month. She said mine was a bit spicier. I might have leaned on the Jalapenos cause I went a bit light on the cilantro, which IMO can overpower quickly.
I kinda liked it myself, but offered the leftovers to my Chuys loving friend & she quickly accepted. Win

Thanks again stxhunter.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Cafe Rio's dressing/dip is awesome! If this is anything close, it's a win! Don't have them in Oregon, but I hit it whenever I get back to Utah.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
My buddy just left me some Palmetto Cheese dip.

Its good too!

I will try your recipe too Roger.

I am MAGA.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by stxhunter
i'm going to use serranos.

That would be my preference too.

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

656 members (160user, 12344mag, 1lessdog, 1beaver_shooter, 1eyedmule, 2500HD, 69 invisible), 2,118 guests, and 1,201 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,835
Posts18,496,745
Members73,979
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.