Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
I'm very sorry to learn of your loss... Alzheimers is a miserable disease..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Always tough to lose a parent. Sounds like he was a good man and a father. RIP

When its time to fight, you fight like you are the third monkey on the ramp to get on Noah's Arc... and brother, it is starting to rain!

The chair is against the wall.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Sorry for your loss. Sounds like he was a great Dad

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I’m so sorry to ready this. I pray for you and your family. Very sorry for your loss, sir.

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
WOW!!! What a wonderful tribute to a fine man by an even finer son. I am so sorry to hear of your loss. You have many fine memories of him and he will never be truly gone as long as you live. RIP Sir and thanks for your service.

Jim

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Sorry for your loss, but it sounds as though he has found peace at last. Keep the good memories alive.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I am just horrible at penning anything meaningful in threads like this. I am very sorry for your loss. I hope the sadness you feel quickly subsides and your reflections on your father bring a smile to your face.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by CharlieFoxtrot
Alzheimer's. Been a rough 4 months. Got kicked out of a place for "behavior" at 86 years old in a walker. Came to the point where no one would take him. They sent him out of state. I called over 40 homes. Finally found him a place nearby where they treated him like gold. Hospice took over a few days ago. The transition was a peaceful one.

He was a good dad. The best. He was married to my mom for 62 years. No college. 4 years in the Air Force during Korea and another 12 in reserves. 800 in his class at Lackland. 748 went to Korea. He and his twin brother were in the 52 that flew stateside for the most part. Was in with Johnny Cash. MOS was FE in a C-119. Supplied the building of the DEW line from Alaska to Greenland and Iceland. Flew into Gitmo supplying the troops during the Bay of Pigs. Had a distinguished career for 34 years with the Dept of Defense afterwards. He got to enjoy retirement for 20 years before the disease took over.

His compass always pointed True North. He always said, do the right thing and you'll always be able look at the guy in the mirror.

I am proud to be his son. I will miss him.

Sorry about your dad.
He might have crossed paths with my grandfather. He was assigned to the supplying of the DEW line construction materials also as loadmaster.

Last edited by renegade50; 08/16/19.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Sorry for your loss. Sounds like he was a good man. Lost my Dad a little over a year ago, so I know what your going through.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Please accept my deepest condolences to you and your family. May God Bless you all. My dad was an Army combat vet of the Forgotten War. I lost him in '98. Awful hard thing to handle, losing your dad. Prayers sent.

Bob

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
IC B3

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
CharlieFoxtrot, Sorry to hear of your Dad’s passing. I know that it hurts and leaves a big void in your heart, but it sounds as if he were a great Dad. You will always have the memories to carry with you. I lost my Dad several years ago, he also was a veteran....serving in WWII. Our Thoughts, Prayers, and Condolences to You and Your Family. memtb

Last edited by memtb; 08/16/19.

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by CharlieFoxtrot
Alzheimer's. Been a rough 4 months. Got kicked out of a place for "behavior" at 86 years old in a walker. Came to the point where no one would take him. They sent him out of state. I called over 40 homes. Finally found him a place nearby where they treated him like gold. Hospice took over a few days ago. The transition was a peaceful one.

He was a good dad. The best. He was married to my mom for 62 years. No college. 4 years in the Air Force during Korea and another 12 in reserves. 800 in his class at Lackland. 748 went to Korea. He and his twin brother were in the 52 that flew stateside for the most part. Was in with Johnny Cash. MOS was FE in a C-119. Supplied the building of the DEW line from Alaska to Greenland and Iceland. Flew into Gitmo supplying the troops during the Bay of Pigs. Had a distinguished career for 34 years with the Dept of Defense afterwards. He got to enjoy retirement for 20 years before the disease took over.

His compass always pointed True North. He always said, do the right thing and you'll always be able look at the guy in the mirror.

I am proud to be his son. I will miss him.

A fitting eulogy for a true man. A man who made a clear, and positive impression. A role model.
My condolences, sir. This hits home with me, because my own father has been on borrowed time for the last couple of years. I do not envy you the pain in your heart, and I dread my own.
Salutes to the fallen warrior, prayers to the family.

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Sons really know their dads, and your comments are the finest eulogy. My sincere condolences. Glad he had a faithful son who found him a good place in his last days here. Godspeed.

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
May he R.I.P.

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Prayers up for you and your family.

The lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part!
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
My condolences.

My mom went the same way. Terrible disease.

Defend the Constitution
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Sorry for your loss my friend.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
He sounds like an awesome Dad! You were both blessed. May he rest in Peace.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
I have not read all the posts but, to me there is no good time to lose a parent. We all will have our time. It sounds like he came to his. May God bless all, and leaving good memories is about the best you can give.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
My heartfelt condolences...you just joined " a Club that no one wants to join". It does "get better", but now is the time to grieve and heal. God bless. Rev Jim

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

567 members (1minute, 1badf350, 12344mag, 163bc, 06hunter59, 204guy, 63 invisible), 2,632 guests, and 1,315 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,594
Posts18,473,485
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.