Page 2 of 2 1 2
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by carved
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Barrel is too long on the 457 American

Thanks for pointing that out. I see that the 455 is 20.5" in length, while the 457 is 24.8". The 457 has interchangeable barrels like the 455, right? Could the barrels be swapped, or would this cause problems with the bedding? Could the 455 be cut, or would this cause problems as well?

I don't know why CZ would have lengthened the barrel. Those extra 4" would be a problem for hunting in brush.

I am not sure who is buying them with that barrel length.

Anything past 18 is a waste. 20 is a good compromise IMHO.

24 is silly!

I am MAGA.
GB1

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
MOVE!!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J

Nothing that a 10 minutes and a hack saw can't fix .

You are a Rancher- you should be able to handle that.

Hold the bailing wire and duct tape..

Last edited by jk16; 08/16/19.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by jk16

Nothing that a 10 minutes and a hack saw can't fix .

You are a Rancher- you should be able to handle that.

Hold the bailing wire and duct tape..

Sure I could do it....but it would look like I did do it!

I aint much of a finesse guy....

I am MAGA.
C
carved Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
C
Originally Posted by steve4102
Why are you worried about this potential Universal Background Check?

If you are buying this rifle New and from a dealer, you will be required to go through the existing Background Check.

No new law will change that.

My understanding is that in CT, a certificate is needed to purchase long guns or ammo, which costs $150, after paying for an approved course. A hunting license and hunter safety course are no longer considered sufficient. After speaking with an ATF agent, I was told that because I'm a CT resident, I can't purchase a long gun or ammo outside of CT without the Connecticut long gun and ammo certificate. I don't know if this is true or not, but it's what I was told. If any new federal regulations are implemented, it's possible that I'd be required to purchase a federal certificate as well. If I'm going to need to pay several hundred dollars more to get a rifle, I'd rather do so before I'm required to do so.

Stop being a dumb ass, there is no such thing and never will be any such thing as a Federal Permit.

There's no reason to be insulting, even if I don't know what I'm talking about. In CT, a background check must be completed prior to the purchase of not just firearms, but also ammo. Of course, there will not be a new background check and a two week waiting period every time someone wants to buy a box of cartridges. This is why the certificate is required, as it's proof of a background check having been done. It obviates the need to carry out a new background check every time a box of ammo is purchased.

I don't know if current discussions at the federal level regarding increased background checks are simply related to expanding the reach of current background checks, or about implementing more far-reaching background checks, such as those on ammo. California has a new ammo background check law that is being challenged. If the law is allowed to stand in federal court, it will provide federal precedent for allowing a federal background check on ammo to constitutionally stand. If this happens, there is a far greater chance that such a federal ammo background check law will eventually pass. If it does, it will be in the form of a permit, for the same reasons that CT law requires a permit rather than carrying out individual background checks with each ammo purchase.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
According to the CZ web site the barrels are all still interchangeable from the 455 to the 457 series. I've had a 455 laminated thumbhole varmint in 22lr since Jan. 2017 and love it. Have never seen a 457 in person yet but see good things written about it. I like my 455 so much the way it is that I haven't even considered putting another barrel on it yet but I've seen it done on an internet video. Didn't look too complicated or difficult.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Maybe your cash would be better spent on a semi-auto handgun or rifle.

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Ranger_Green
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter

Give the guy a break. It is tough to understand what things are like in Free America, when one lives behind the iron curtain.

Amen. Thank you.

Exactly.. And then there is this pos..

[Linked Image]

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Why are you worried about this potential Universal Background Check?

If you are buying this rifle New and from a dealer, you will be required to go through the existing Background Check.

No new law will change that.

My understanding is that in CT, a certificate is needed to purchase long guns or ammo, which costs $150, after paying for an approved course. A hunting license and hunter safety course are no longer considered sufficient. After speaking with an ATF agent, I was told that because I'm a CT resident, I can't purchase a long gun or ammo outside of CT without the Connecticut long gun and ammo certificate. I don't know if this is true or not, but it's what I was told. If any new federal regulations are implemented, it's possible that I'd be required to purchase a federal certificate as well. If I'm going to need to pay several hundred dollars more to get a rifle, I'd rather do so before I'm required to do so.

Stop being a dumb ass, there is no such thing and never will be any such thing as a Federal Permit.

There's no reason to be insulting, even if I don't know what I'm talking about. In CT, a background check must be completed prior to the purchase of not just firearms, but also ammo. Of course, there will not be a new background check and a two week waiting period every time someone wants to buy a box of cartridges. This is why the certificate is required, as it's proof of a background check having been done. It obviates the need to carry out a new background check every time a box of ammo is purchased.

I don't know if current discussions at the federal level regarding increased background checks are simply related to expanding the reach of current background checks, or about implementing more far-reaching background checks, such as those on ammo. California has a new ammo background check law that is being challenged. If the law is allowed to stand in federal court, it will provide federal precedent for allowing a federal background check on ammo to constitutionally stand. If this happens, there is a far greater chance that such a federal ammo background check law will eventually pass. If it does, it will be in the form of a permit, for the same reasons that CT law requires a permit rather than carrying out individual background checks with each ammo purchase.

Hint

“Universal Background Checks” is a generic term used by the media and the left.

It generally means that all firearms transfers( gifts, person to person, inheriting and new purchases) must go through the NICS Background check system.

It has nothing to do with expanding the reach, it is all about including all transfers not just new sales.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
C
carved Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
C
[quote=carved][quote=steve4102][quote=carved][quote=steve4102]

It has nothing to do with expanding the reach, it is all about including all transfers not just new sales.

Thanks for the clarification, I was unaware.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Save the $150 for expenses and move to America. Just a thought. My condolences.

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You can bet the House Dems are throwing everything they can think of that will be an impediment to gun and ammo purchases and possession into their bill. What will fly in the Senate is another matter.

FYI, Federal law allows the purchase of long guns in other states IF the purchase doesn't violate the laws of either state. Since CT requires that silly-ass permit, you're screwed. Ammo can still be bought OOS, but CT might gig you for it, I suppose, when you get home.

I second the motion to move. I left the Peoples Republic of Maryland almost thirty years ago, not for gun laws, but still the overall improvement in quality of life was amazing. Doubled my commute for twenty years, but well worth it. For the last few months I've been making a lot of trips back into the Free State dealing with elder issues, and getting back home is a tremendous relief.

Currently here, if you have a carry permit, you fill out the 4473, but the dealer can opt not to run a background check. Anyone legally able to own guns can carry concealed of open without a permit. We also have Stand Your Ground/ Castle Doctrine, so you ordinarily can't be arrested or sued for self-defense.

What fresh Hell is this?
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

268 members (10Glocks, 10ring1, 160user, 12344mag, 2500HD, 1eyedmule, 22 invisible), 1,762 guests, and 1,050 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,389
Posts18,469,819
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.