Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 76 of 117 1 2 74 75 76 77 78 116 117
DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Thunderstick
I am not a scientist--therefore I posted definitions from people who are. That is not an uncommon practice to cite scientists on science. Not sure why you think that I think that humanity is irrelevant--human life is created in the image of God and is sacred and morally responsible.

There are scientists who believe in God, and some of them even express their personal beliefs, but that is not science.

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Maybe you want to start your own thread on this different topic ...

It's not an entirely different topic. The argument essentially being natural evolution versus special creation, the nature of the source material should be established.

In this case, the bible and its claims on one side with science and its evidence on the other. I am pointing to the nature of the bible, its source material, how it came to be put together, its problems, contradictions, etc...

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
I am not a scientist--therefore I posted definitions from people who are. That is not an uncommon practice to cite scientists on science. Not sure why you think that I think that humanity is irrelevant--human life is created in the image of God and is sacred and morally responsible.

Humanity is not irrelevant. But it is irrelevant to the argument you are cutting and pasting futilely trying to describe a difference between micro and macro evolution.

And if human life is created in the image of God, which race of humans is that? Whites? Blacks? Or maybe an extinct member of genus Homo like Homo habilis or Homo erectus? And if God looks like one of the modern human races, why would God try to emulate an evolved ape even before the universe was created?

I'm sure it is irrelevant to your theories but it is not to science as I quoted scientists using it. Are your credentials large enough to cite yourself?

Additionally DNA studies are showing evidence of the likelihood of a single source for humans.
Here’s the Cliffs Notes version: According to the authors all our mitochondria came from a very small population about 100,000 to 200,000 years ago, perhaps as small as a population size of two, though later in the paper they qualify that number. According to Stoeckle and Thaler, the same timeframe is true for 90 percent of animal species. No wonder so many people in the theistic evolution/creation dispute got irritated or excited. Theistic evolutionists saw it as an occasion for fanning the flames of anti-evolutionary sentiment. Young earth creationists saw it as evidence for the ark

https://evolutionnews.org/2018/12/does-barcoding-dna-reveal-a-single-human-pair/

I'm citing an evolutionary site so you don't choke on this possibility.

There was a genetic bottleneck, possibly two, during the last ice age where we as a species nearly went extinct.

Evidence that two main bottleneck events shaped modern human genetic diversity

''Immediately following a sharp population decline, rare alleles are lost faster than heterozygosity, creating a transient excess of heterozygosity relative to allele number, a feature that is used by Bottleneck to infer historical events. We find evidence of two primary events, one ‘out of Africa’ and one placed around the Bering Strait, where an ancient land bridge allowed passage into the Americas. These findings agree well with the regions of the world where the largest founder events might have been expected, but contrast with the apparently smooth gradient of variability that is revealed when current heterozygosity is plotted against distance from Africa.''

Last edited by DBT; 08/16/19.
DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by TF49
Originally Posted by Etoh
All religious arguments start from an assumption of authority. God said it I believe it. then follow up, with you said, they said, he said. Thats a definite prejudice of the mind against objectivity.

then compare it to a metric, (geology, phylogenetics,mitochondria DNA,) then expect a Harvard lawyer to interpret it. Got it.

Maybe it is just semantics, but I would not agree that all religious arguments start from an assumption of authority. Many indeed do.... but.... In my own case, my “religious” conviction stems from the “recognition” of Jesus’ authority. From my viewpoint, there is no assumption.

Yet, YMMV

As it is the believer who bestows authority upon the bible, quran, etc, and endorses it as the word of god, their belief in the book and it authority is the first assumption, followed by acceptance of what the book tells them about god and the world.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by DBT
Those who believe in a higher power do better in terms of morality, gluttony, addiction, etc?

sure they do...

don't you remember the Salem witch hunts ?

and just recently we had a CF christian post about "sugar is the devil"

how would they become so righteous and enlightened if they didn't believe....??

[oF course the other simple solution was to just stop stuffing their fat face with
far in excess needless calories].

Originally Posted by DBT
... I am pointing to the nature of the bible, its source material, how it came to be put together, its problems, contradictions, etc...

When Hebrew Torah scripture was translated into Greek in Alexandria (Septuagint) 3rd century BC

they replaced Hebrew words like 'Sheol', with 'Hades' which comes from Greek pagan mythology
which refers to the pagan mythological underworld....N.T. English translation scriptures commonly
use the words HADES or HELL. as evidenced in Luke and Matthew.

can Bible as so many Christians read it , honestly be the true and accurate orig. word of their God?

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
IC B2

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Starman
Originally Posted by DBT
Those who believe in a higher power do better in terms of morality, gluttony, addiction, etc?

sure they do...

don't you remember the Salem witch hunts ?

and just recently we had a CF christian post about "sugar is the devil "

How about the Christians on the Philly Cop thread posting how we should burn the prisoners with the shooters, and justifying it on the basis of the prisoners race?

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
According to the authors all our mitochondria came from a very small population about 100,000 to 200,000 years ago, perhaps as small as a population size of two, though later in the paper they qualify that number. According to Stoeckle and Thaler, the same timeframe is true for 90 percent of animal species. No wonder so many people in the theistic evolution/creation dispute got irritated or excited. Theistic evolutionists saw it as an occasion for fanning the flames of anti-evolutionary sentiment. Young earth creationists saw it as evidence for the ark[/i].

https://evolutionnews.org/2018/12/does-barcoding-dna-reveal-a-single-human-pair/

You are a total maroon!

The "evolutionary site" you quoted is nothing but a mouthpiece for the Discovery Institute, a group of wackdoodle creationists who seek to discredit science. It has no scientific pedigree.

Now...most modern humans ARE descnded from a small group of humans but ALSO from a lot of other humans alive at the time.) It's just like 10% of all modern Asians being descendents of Genghis Kahn. But they too have a lot of other ancestors.) There were only a small group alive 100,000 to 200,000 years ago.

That's irrelevant for the Adam and Eve myth. And as far as Noah's Ark is concerned, that myth supposedly took place long after 100,000 years ago.

I would appreciate it if you didn't waste my time by posting things you don't understand. Go back to high school and get some education. Post something from a peer reviewed journal and I'll pay attention to it. Otherwise, bye.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
According to the authors all our mitochondria came from a very small population about 100,000 to 200,000 years ago, perhaps as small as a population size of two, though later in the paper they qualify that number. According to Stoeckle and Thaler, the same timeframe is true for 90 percent of animal species. No wonder so many people in the theistic evolution/creation dispute got irritated or excited. Theistic evolutionists saw it as an occasion for fanning the flames of anti-evolutionary sentiment. Young earth creationists saw it as evidence for the ark[/i].

You are a total maroon!

The "evolutionary site" you quoted is nothing but a mouthpiece for the Discovery Institute, a group of wackdoodle creationists who seek to discredit science. It has no scientific pedigree.

Now...most modern humans ARE descnded from a small group of humans but ALSO from a lot of other humans alive at the time.) It's just like 10% of all modern Asians being descendents of Genghis Kahn. But they too have a lot of other ancestors.) There were only a small group alive 100,000 to 200,000 years ago.

That's irrelevant for the Adam and Eve myth. And as far as Noah's Ark is concerned, that myth supposedly took place long after 100,000 years ago.

I would appreciate it if you didn't waste my time by posting things you don't understand. Go back to high school and get some education. Post something from a peer reviewed journal and I'll pay attention to it. Otherwise, bye.

My my... triggered were you?

Choked?

Kinda like Thunderstick predicted.....

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Asserting "God is infinite" does not make it true.

Denying God does not make Him less than infinite. You appeal to nothingness for everything including conscienceness. That is totally illogical.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DBT
There was a genetic bottleneck, possibly two, during the last ice age where we as a species nearly went extinct.

Let me help you out here. The first "bottleneck" happened at creation. The second "bottleneck" happened about 1,656 years later.

Everyday Hunter
IC B3

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Ringman
Originally Posted by DBT

Let me help you out here. The first "bottleneck" happened at creation. The second "bottleneck" happened about 1,656 years later.

You're off by a couple hundred thousand years....

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
It appears we have a bunch of parrots here. Of course I include myself here. We don't have personal lab or field experience so we read or attend lectures by those who have. Then we use that information to support our personal positions.

Everyday Hunter
DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DBT

Your evidence for this.....being?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I come from a long line of Roman Catholics, when we opened an old family chest past from generation to generation in Europe,

we found a piece of wood wrapped in an old scribed note saying it was a genuine remnant relic of the cross at Golgotha,

is there anyway to verify its authenticity?... btw; Also inside was a old map with X marking the spot where buried treasure lay.....,
but that's for another time.

now on the subject of holy water, can you effectively use such to protect oneself from the effects of Black Plague that God
afflicts the errant wicked with?

The local priest does not know, and my prayers go unanswered, the cF is last resort.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT

I did a time line in the Bible. The flood happened 1, 656 years after creation. This addresses both.

From your posts I know you are not serious. But if you ever got serious you could read about genetic load and how fast mutations accumulate. Way too fast for a beneficial mutation to be established in a population. I learned this from a guy who has real scientific credentials: Dr. John Sanford. "Genetic Entropy and the Mystery of the Genome"

Everyday Hunter
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by Starman
I come from a long line of Roman Catholics, when we opened an old family chest past from generation to generation in Europe,

we found a piece of wood wrapped in an old scribed note saying it was a genuine remnant relic of the cross at Golgotha,

is there anyway to verify its authenticity?... btw; Also inside was a old map with X marking the spot where buried treasure lay.....,
but that's for another time.

now on the subject of holy water, can you effectively use such to protect oneself from the effects of Black Plague that God
afflicts the errant wicked with?

The local priest does not know, and my prayers go unanswered, the cF is last resort.

Holy Scheit

Most people don't have what it takes to get old
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT

I did a time line in the Bible. The flood happened 1, 656 years after creation. This addresses both.

From your posts I know you are not serious. But if you ever got serious you could read about genetic load and how fast mutations accumulate. Way too fast for a beneficial mutation to be established in a population. I learned this from a guy who has real scientific credentials: Dr. John Sanford. "Genetic Entropy and the Mystery of the Genome"

Entropy, whether used in genetics,or its more correct place as the 2nd. law of Thermodynamics. simply suggests a progression towards a more disorganized state. Genetic systems are 3 order Hopf bifurcations, that exist in a basis of attraction. When acted on by some perturbation that knocks them out of that they will reorganize to another basis of attraction. In the bible world the iteration rate is much shorter than the iteration rate on quartz timepiece, thus the possibility of bifurcations in the system. Or proceed to catastrophic states as Thom describes, 5th and 7th order states. This is the system Sanford describes. The "black hole" here is assuming one state is "better" than another.

Last edited by Etoh; 08/16/19.

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Asserting "God is infinite" does not make it true.

This statement starts with a false assumption making the conclusion illogical, in and of its"closed set" Bertrand Russell stuff
Denying God does not make Him less than infinite. You appeal to nothingness for everything including conscienceness. That is totally illogical.

Last edited by Etoh; 08/16/19.

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT

Me personally, what I happen to be reading or have read is not the issue. The issue is the absurdity of the claim of special creation and Noahic flood in the face of abundent evidence for natural evolution and over 4 billion years of geological history...

Last edited by DBT; 08/16/19.
DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Etoh
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT

Entropy, whether used in genetics,or its more correct place as the 3rd. law of Thermodynamics. simply suggests a progression towards a more disorganized state. Genetic systems are 3 order Hopf bifurcations, that exist in a basis of attraction. When acted on by some perturbation that knocks them out of that they will reorganize to another basis of attraction. In the bible world the iteration rate is much shorter than the iteration rate on quartz timepiece, thus the possibility of bifurcations in the system. Or proceed to catastrophic states as Thom describes, 5th and 7th order states. This is the system Sanford describes. The "black hole" here is assuming one state is "better" than another.

Entropy is an issue within a closed system. Complex chemistry on Earth is being powered by the Sun.

Page 76 of 117 1 2 74 75 76 77 78 116 117

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

570 members (10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 1234, 59 invisible), 2,339 guests, and 1,219 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,395
Posts18,488,841
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.