Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by SU35
I have a 700 Ti LA with a KS stock that thinks it might like this new cartridge.

A cut rifled barrel out of Wisconsin #2 at 24" might work.
Should be at about 7 lbs scoped up.

Sounds like a stretched 6.5x284.

I like everything about that blueprint ...

HR IC

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Sounds like a winner to me as well.

Semper Fi
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Filaman
What the hell is so special about 6.5? I mean I know there's more Low Drag Long Range bullets out there for them, but I've got .277s, 284s, and .257s that shoot great out to 400-500 yards. I don't shoot farther than that. Not that I can't but because I choose not to. I'm a hunter not a long range target shooter and too much can go wrong shooting at game at 600-800 yards. I don't have a place to shoot targets that far off or I might do that sort of shooting. Looks like fun, just don't have the real estate to do it. Also, I am on three forums right now, 4 if.you count long range hunting, which I haven't been to in months, and most guys on those forums don't shoot at game farther than 400 yards. But they all like to talk about having a 6.5 and shooting into next zip code. Granted there are some long range hunters and target shooters on these forums but a majority of people there have never shot an animal at over 200 yards. If you're into shooting farther than you can see more power to you. But for a lot of people I think it's a lot of hot air.
...................Hot air? Well maybe not..........Go on youtube and type in.... "The Truth About 6.5mm Rifle Cartridges".............A 3:02 video with Ron Spomer comparing the 300 Win to some other 6.5 mm cartridges.......

If you wanna know what all the hype was and is about the 6.5s, Spomer imo, sums it up pretty good for ya....

In your case based on your above post, then maybe you have no need for any 6.5 mm. But for anyone beginning to hunt and/or beginning to shoot, or anyone wishing to add onto the inventory of caliber choices, the 6.5 mm is an outstanding choice.

28 Nosler,,,,300WSM,,,,338-378 Wby,,,,375 Ruger

M
M

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by beretzs

I think it's a good idea. Also a 6.5-284 chambered in a long action could be easily rechambered. This would be a way to add life to an existing 6.5-284 with a worn throat.

Also lots of modern 6.5-55s could be rechambered to this.Just imagine. Lots of rifles already out there with worn throats that could have a high performance second life.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
Originally Posted by ruraldoc

It looks like a 6.5 -284 that has been stretched to 30-06 length.

I think you're pretty close with that description.

DF

My thoughts, exactly . . .

I never thought I'd grow up to be a grumpy old man, but I did, and I'm killin' it.
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I want one. I want it in a $400 , sub MOA, good looking rifle that has an adjustable trigger. I didn't say it was "possible", I just said I "want one". ha

Last edited by Jim_Knight; 09/04/19.
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
I'm very interested too, but I am afraid they may have made a big mistake by not putting it in the Vanguard. I am not seeing it in the Vanguard line.

And it sure would help if another manufacturer would chamber it.

Not sure there are enough $1500 plus MKV rifle buyers to make it succeed.

FÜCK Jeff_O!

MAGA
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
It sure seems like it would be a cool option for the long action fieldcraft as well.

I have an extra left hand long action 700 laying around I haven’t been able to make a decision on. Seems like this just might be it! Now I just need to find out if a bansner stock can be opened up for a proof carbon fiber barrel?

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I’m kinda digging what they have done with the twist on the 240 and 7mm Wby though...

Glad to see them freshen those two up and get with 2019 whistle

Semper Fi
IC B3

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Good catch Steve.

I did not notice that.

FÜCK Jeff_O!

MAGA
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Anyone heard a case capacity yet?

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by ruraldoc
Originally Posted by beretzs

I think it's a good idea. Also a 6.5-284 chambered in a long action could be easily rechambered. This would be a way to add life to an existing 6.5-284 with a worn throat.

Also lots of modern 6.5-55s could be rechambered to this.Just imagine. Lots of rifles already out there with worn throats that could have a high performance second life.

For sure. It’ll be interesting to see the cartridge in real life when it hits the streets.

Semper Fi
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I enjoy the oblivious humor,of Weatherby Retardation. Congratulations?!?

Instead of gathering a Clue,they mandate FAILURE.

Their 6-lugged actions are simply Goat Fhuqks and wear the COAL to align same. While being wellllll shy of Vangaurd's virtues. Hint.

Their brass is SCHIT,as is the action and it's COAL. Conjoin same with a Goat Fhuqk "proprietary" chambering,then conjoin it with Dog Schit projectiles for the "win"! LAUGHING!

Hint...................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Big Stick

Their 6-lugged actions are simply Goat Fhuqks and wear the COAL to align same. While being wellllll shy of Vangaurd's virtues. Hint.

Their brass is SCHIT,as is the action and it's COAL. Conjoin same with a Goat Fhuqk "proprietary" chambering,then conjoin it with Dog Schit projectiles for the "win"! LAUGHING!

Hint...................

Agreed. Dead before it was born = an abortion with no doctor.
Fail for sure

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B

Hint...................
........Ok Stick.....I'll bite!..........

Perhaps you can offer specific reasons as to why as you say,,, "their 6 lugged actions are simply Goat Fhuqks."

And why their brass is as you say,,,,,, "SCHIT"...........

Your advice I am sure would be appreciated by anyone here contemplating a 6 lugged Weatherby........

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by bigsqueeze

Hint...................

Perhaps you can offer specific reasons as to why as you say,,, "their 6 lugged actions are simply Goat Fhuqks."

Your advice I am sure would be appreciated by anyone here contemplating a 6 lugged Weatherby........

Do a search and see how many 6 lug actions you find. For any purpose 2 is enough and better. Don't have to have one because I know it's a [bleep] up joke.
Brass is a question but their track record is not good.
Just better options is all I'm saying

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by 10at6
Originally Posted by bigsqueeze

Hint...................

Do a search and see how many 6 lug actions you find. For any purpose 2 is enough and better. Don't have to have one because I know it's a [bleep] up joke.
Brass is a question but their track record is not good.
Just better options is all I'm saying
...............................Your reply is interesting but it did not answer my question......Google searches on how many 6 lug actions found or not found does not determine the mechanical and safety reliability of any bolt action............So again. Why specifically do you say,,,, the 6 lugged Wby action is,,,"a [bleep] up joke?"

Mechanical reasons? Safety concerns? Issues of action strength? Action smoothness?

If you and Stick are going to trash something, then let us all read specifically why!!........Perhaps you two know something that Weatherby does not kmow about their 6 lugger actions that you could pass along?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Weatherby trashed it,not me.

The 6-lug pitfalls are lug engagement and COAL latitude. Both squarely cover mechanics and safety,neither of which are endearing. Hint.

Neverbee brass has always sucked ass,in regards to it's relative mettle. Pun be intended. They are Pavement Pounders,who are ALL hat and no Ranch,which have recently hopped a fence and are looking to "justify" same. Them with a clue,can see it from miles away...Kalifornians make excuses to "justify" the Retardation. Hint.

The "premise" is a "new" way to arrange Long Range "mechanics",the flaw being Facts and Physics. Boolits still matter wayyyyyyyy more than headstamps and one simply cain't push a Marshmellow fast enough,to hang with an SR-71. Going proprietary on brass,from a SCHIT Manufacturer,does NO favors. Stuffing same with PingPong Balls due the hilarity of COAL mag constraints,is EPIC fhuqking humor! Hint.

Neverbee coulda/shoulda embraced that which is and simply built around proven wares. The 6-lugged Goat Fhuqk is HILARIOUS and their best wares to date,are twin-lugged Howa's. Had they conjoined "forces" and simply rolled out a mid-length receiver,they woulda STOLE The Show. Lotsa room for existing chamberings and the astute woulda defaulted that way,due it being THE Yellow Brick Road. ShamWow's,Whizzum's,PRC's etc...woulda had lotsa room to flaunt BC's. Hint.

Instead of,they "offer" a long action,which holds less in the belly,cain't shoot a boolit worth a fhuqk and frost it with their SCHIT brass,as a Swan Song.

Neverbee "accolades".

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

THE most hilarious!

[Linked Image]

Pardon a 264 Kreedmire slapping it silly,while bolstering farrrrrrrr greater ES/SD values,vastly superior brass,less noise and reduced loot,if only for starters. Hint.

[Linked Image]

I rather enjoy you STUPID Fhuqks doing your best.

Hint.

Laughing!....................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
The dumbest of fuucks, you sure seem really bothered by this... no one answered on asgayasitgets, so you’ll displace your hostility’s here... who cares, besides you ??? Maybe another “pard” will take care of stuff you don’t??? Haha worthless cuunt...

Oh, btw, compare real shiit, not your imagination and pretend!!! Haha

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

73 members (BALLISTIK, 6mmbrfan, 907brass, Akhutr, 7mm_Loco, 10gaugemag, 9 invisible), 1,471 guests, and 945 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,748
Posts18,495,219
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.