Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
It's pretty common for 'kids' to work and buy their way into operations around here.

Of course it's also pretty common for parents to offer the family discount....

I bought this little yuppie tractor from a dealer, one more payment and she's mine free and clear.

2002 JD 7610 that I snagged two years ago. Sweet loader tractor.

This morning.

[Linked Image]

GB4

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Those are nice machines.

I am MAGA.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Jim, I wish JD would go back to making machines like that.

They just flat work and don't depreciate.

This fancy, computerized chit is lame.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
No doubt.

If i could buy a brand new 7810....using your account...I would do it in a heart beat.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Jim, I wish JD would go back to making machines like that.

No doubt!

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
[Linked Image]

grapple is handy as a pocket on a shirt!

To preserve liberty it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them.-Richard Henry Lee

Endowment Member NRA, Life Member SAF-GOA, Life-Board Member, West TN Director TFA
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Some nice machines here!

Nothing big, just enough to keep me entertained.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Small Game, Deer, Turkey, Bear, Elk....It's what's for dinner.

If you know how many guns you own... you don't own enough.

In God We Trust.
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Originally Posted by kwg020
Originally Posted by Hondo64d
Have a 4x4 Mahindra 6530 with a FEL. VERY disappointed in it. Alternator started acting up at just past warranty coverage and now it won’t start at all, even with a fully charged battery. Pretty danged sorry for a tractor with just over 300 hours....

John

My bet is your battery has a dead short in it. You can't even jump start them until you get a new battery.

kwg

Battery shows good voltage all the way to the starter, but when I turn the key, nothing happens. All dash lights are as they should be except the battery light which doesn’t illuminate when I turn the key on. Tried shorting out solenoid with a screwdriver. It spins but doesn’t engage the starter.

As far as the alternator, tachometer won’t register any RPM until it gets good and warm. Dealer maintenance dept tells me that it is usually a bad alternator that causes that.

I still maintain that none of this should be happening on a 300 hour tractor.

John

If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by kwg020
Have a 4x4 Mahindra 6530 with a FEL. VERY disappointed in it. Alternator started acting up at just past warranty coverage and now it won’t start at all, even with a fully charged battery. Pretty danged sorry for a tractor with just over 300 hours....

John

My bet is your battery has a dead short in it. You can't even jump start them until you get a new battery.

kwg

Battery shows good voltage all the way to the starter, but when I turn the key, nothing happens. All dash lights are as they should be except the battery light which doesn’t illuminate when I turn the key on. Tried shorting out solenoid with a screwdriver. It spins but doesn’t engage the starter.

As far as the alternator, tachometer won’t register any RPM until it gets good and warm. Dealer maintenance dept tells me that it is usually a bad alternator that causes that.

I still maintain that none of this should be happening on a 300 hour tractor.

John

John, I share your frustration at times.

In fact, my new tractor is in the shop for a new injector right now. It seems the more modern injectors have one injector per cylinder now, and that injector has a coil. When the electronic coil goes, the injector goes.

Electronic failures can happen when it's 5 minutes old, or 50 years old. Or any time in between.

This injector went out at 50 hours.

But if I didn't accept the fact that tractors are gonna break, and I was gonna have to fix them when they do, I just wouldn't have one.

Or maybe I'd just rent one when I needed it, and if it breaks, call the rental outfit to come get it. wink

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
John Deere 6430 4X4 cab tractor with loader and JD 20' batwing cutter
1968 John Deere 5020 with 300 horse JD 619 cu in Turbo Diesel with a double 16 paddle brass pulling clutch with 18.4/46 Firestone radial quads out back for fun.
1956 Ford 960 50 horse gas burner wide front with little 6 ft cutter..................so Wife can help! grin

Trump Won!
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by gunner500
John Deere 6430 4X4 cab tractor with loader and JD 20' batwing cutter
1968 John Deere 5020 with 300 horse JD 619 cu in Turbo Diesel with a double 16 paddle brass pulling clutch with 18.4/46 Firestone radial quads out back for fun.
1956 Ford 960 50 horse gas burner wide front with little 6 ft cutter..................so Wife can help! grin

When I had a compact tractor and 6' shredder, mine would get on there and cut some.

Now that all I have are bigger tractors and batwing cutters, she won't.

Good thing, that is, because I don't want her backing those rigs up and getting into the CV joints when she jack knife's it... And she would. She cannot back anything hooked up to the rear of anything. grin

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

John, I share your frustration at times...………..but if I didn't accept the fact that tractors are gonna break, and I was gonna have to fix them when they do, I just wouldn't have one.

John, you know how much equipment we have. It breaks. Old equipment, newer equipment, brand new equipment, it all breaks, no matter the brand. Don't be too hard on your Mahindra over one failure.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by SamOlson

2002 JD 7610 that I snagged two years ago. Sweet loader tractor.

I wish JD would go back to making machines like that.

Sam, the 7610 is a nice tractor. I think its the last model JD made without electronics. We recently bought a 7430 with all the computerized crap after looking at several 7610's. I wanted the 7610, my partner wanted the 7430. He won. I've gotten use to the computerized crap and starting to really like it. As for value, the 7610 and 7430 are both in high demand around here. I suspect both could be sold in 10 years for nearly what you paid for it.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
12 hp- 280 hp

Steiger ST280III
9030 Bi-Di with loader and lots of fixins
WD-9 McCormick that needs some work
990 David Brown that I use daily for yard chores
C Allis with a mower that is going to hit the road soon
Four crawler tractors that are used for construction.
There might be more around here that I forgot about.

I would love to own a 71 or 7240/50 MFWD Magnum. Best looking and one of the most reliable tractors ever built.

Do not feed the bear!

White Bear sometimes treads on thin ice...
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
[Linked Image]

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
It's a drought here right now. Again, frown

Over 10" below normal rainfall.

Not had a beneficial rain since July 7th.

So... I got a trailer load of round bales today. Moved and stacked them, and fed a couple to the cows. Pasture looks like December.

They were glad to see that hay today!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
My new neighbor has two big donkeys and 2 horses on his 7 acre piece of land. Only about 4 acres can be grazed. I don't think he realized how much they eat.

It's been dry here and the donkeys and horses have eaten everything down to the dirt. I was talking to him yesterday and he was saying that he was going to have to start buying hay. I think he's going to be out some money to get them through the winter.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Bristoe
My new neighbor has two big donkeys and 2 horses on his 7 acre piece of land. Only about 4 acres can be grazed. I don't think he realized how much they eat.

It's been dry here and the donkeys and horses have eaten everything down to the dirt. I was talking to him yesterday and he was saying that he was going to have to start buying hay. I think he's going to be out some money to get them through the winter.

He oughta sell 'em.

Or even give 'em away.

He'd be money ahead. Immediately. smile

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by Bristoe

He oughta sell 'em.

Or even give 'em away.

He'd be money ahead. Immediately. smile

Yeah,...but they're family pets. I'd guess that he'll pay what it takes. They've got dogs, cats, potbellied pigs, horses, donkeys,....

They're animal lovers.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Read the first few pages, will have to go back and read them all.

All I've got is a Case 530, with a homemade snowplow mount for a western plow of similar vintage. Grew up spending many hours bush hogging and working arenas on a Ferguson TO 30. Have driven many others over the years inbetween, from M's to 8n's, to Kubotas, etc. but none of them were mine.

MAGA
Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

586 members (160user, 01Foreman400, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 007FJ, 12344mag, 60 invisible), 2,427 guests, and 1,386 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,946
Posts18,480,204
Members73,954
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.