-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
In spite of your claim that no data exists that clearly illustrate a larger percentage of violence among lesbian women,I found in just a five minute search,two such studies.So all of your opinions are worthless given the available data which clearly illustrates more violence in lesbian relationships compared to heterosexual relationships.

2 Studies That Prove Domestic Violence Is an LGBT Issue, by JD Glass.

These studies refute the myths that only straight women get battered, that men are never victims, and that women never batter …

Domestic violence a ‘silent epidemic’ in gay relationships, by Belinda Kontominas.

There is even acknowledgement even in the PC press, in this case the Sydney Morning Herald, though it seems to be mainly just anecdotes, of which none are of women using violence.

Domestic violence has become a “silent epidemic” in the gay and lesbian community despite being the subject of increasing scrutiny in heterosexual relationships, according to the AIDS Council of NSW.

Roughly one in three lesbian, gay bisexual, transgender, and intersex (LGBTI) couples experience domestic violence. …

Within the LGBTI community abuse is more frequently reported by women and transgender males than by gay men but Parkhill says more research is needed to determine the full extent of the problem.

The National Violence Against Women survey found that 21.5 percent of men and 35.4 percent of women living with a same-sex partner experienced intimate-partner physical violence in their lifetimes, compared with 7.1 percent and 20.4 percent for men and women, respectively, with a history of only opposite-sex cohabitation.

“Abuse is not about violence; it’s about control,” says Beth Leventhal, executive director of The Network/La Red in Boston. “You can be just as controlling of someone if you are small — as if you’re large. It’s about using violence or any other means of gaining and maintaining control.”

https://wentworthreport.com/2017/01/08/rate-of-domestic-violence-highest-in-lesbian-relationships/

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." **Edmund Burke**

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." **Benjamin Franklin**
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
This was also published in the Advocate a homosexual publication.This does accept the data that lesbian relationships have a much higher incident of violence in their relationships compared to heterosexual relationships.

The National Violence Against Women survey found that 21.5 percent of men and 35.4 percent of women living with a same-sex partner experienced intimate-partner physical violence in their lifetimes, compared with 7.1 percent and 20.4 percent for men and women, respectively, with a history of only opposite-sex cohabitation. Transgender respondents had an incidence of 34.6 percent over a lifetime according to a Massachusetts survey.

The CDC’s 2010 National Intimate Partner and Sexual Violence Survey, released again in 2013 with new analysis, reports in its first-ever study focusing on victimization by sexual orientation that the lifetime prevalence of rape, physical violence, or stalking by an intimate partner was 43.8 percent for lesbians, 61.1 percent for bisexual women, and 35 percent for heterosexual women, while it was 26 percent for gay men, 37.3 percent for bisexual men, and 29 percent for heterosexual men (this study did not include gender identity or expression).

These studies refute the myths that only straight women get battered, that men are never victims, and that women never batter — in other words, that domestic violence is not an LGBT issue. In fact, it is one of our most serious health risks, affecting significant numbers within our communities.

https://www.advocate.com/crime/2014/09/04/2-studies-prove-domestic-violence-lgbt-issue

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." **Edmund Burke**

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." **Benjamin Franklin**
G
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
G
I’m thinking large syringe of battery acid and watch the schitt show. When they are about as helpless as a 6mo old child...cover em w sterno gel and light em up. Maybe put it out and start over. Just absolutely fugg em.

America, Our Country and we’re taking it back.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Damn! Just DAMN!

Skin there asses alive and feed them to the hogs.

Last edited by hillbillybear; 08/17/19.

Member: Clan of the Turdlike People.

Courage is Fear that has said its Prayers

�If we ever forget that we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.� Ronald Reagan.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
In thinking the degree of lesbian domestic violence is significantly under-reported, starting with the women involved themselves. Turning each other in would hurt the cause.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by gunner500
If i could be God but for one day............................................................................

I hear ya, gunner.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Slope77
Pure evil, subhuman pigs. Living excrement they are.

Poor little squirt lived for two hours with burns over 90% of his body, lying by some railroad tracks. Very disturbing images come to mind. I find it rather difficult to contrive a punishment commensurate to their depravity.

And yet, even MORE disturbing is the certainty that essentially nothing will happen to these two, MAYBE some token prison time, maybe not. Maybe probation. What IS certain; some local carpetmunchers are holding a candle light vigil... for them, not the child.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
May the Lord visit His Justice upon their souls.

N
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Originally Posted by gunner500
If i could be God but for one day............................................................................

I hear ya, gunner.

I’d not want that kind of power.............just give me 24 hours of blanket immunity.

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K

I would administer the penalty and they would be begging not for mercy but for death before I was finished.

Proud to be an American
United States Marine

IC B3

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

548 members (17CalFan, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 19rabbit52, 10ring1, 56 invisible), 2,092 guests, and 1,256 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,086
Posts18,521,930
Members74,024
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.