Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 23 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 22 23
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by joken2

Wouldn't surprise me if some FFL holders strike deals with Walmart sporting goods dept 'associates' paying them a little extra 'under-the-table' to tip them off first to these extreme clearance priced sales and/or hold back some for them, then resell at a pretty healthy profit. Even Walmart with their high volume buying clout can't buy this stuff at anywhere near what they are clearance pricing them at.

I know several years back a local gun/pawn shop (no longer in business) owner bought up all of the remaining NIB, special for Walmart only run, of laminated, SS, 10/22 lr from a local Walmart close out priced @ $125 and resold them in his store

Some folks see that as sour grapes, I see it as good business. I don't blame anyone for making some money.

Having said that, if someone doesn't want to deal with that person, then that's their right not to do so.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
First Walmart I stopped at today had sold the last 1187 20 gauge an hour before I got there. Saw an A17 sitting there marked at $299 and told the guy it was less than that now. He scanned it and said you're right and looks like it's gonna go down again in a few days. I said I'm not that interested in it but maybe I'll stop back this week and see if it's still there, he says no one has even looked at it yet..... soooo I may have to pick one up later this week.

I did get an 1187 20 at the next stop... they had an A17 sitting there marked at $187 or whatever they're going for now but I got the last 1187.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Originally Posted by JamesJr

Wouldn't surprise me if some FFL holders strike deals with Walmart sporting goods dept 'associates' paying them a little extra 'under-the-table' to tip them off first to these extreme clearance priced sales and/or hold back some for them, then resell at a pretty healthy profit. Even Walmart with their high volume buying clout can't buy this stuff at anywhere near what they are clearance pricing them at.

I know several years back a local gun/pawn shop (no longer in business) owner bought up all of the remaining NIB, special for Walmart only run, of laminated, SS, 10/22 lr from a local Walmart close out priced @ $125 and resold them in his store

Some folks see that as sour grapes, I see it as good business. I don't blame anyone for making some money.

Having said that, if someone doesn't want to deal with that person, then that's their right not to do so.

Again, it's not the straight forward first-come - first-served / early bird gets the worm sales that is a issue, it's the hiding, sneaky tipping-off family, friends, etc., and/or under the table kickback scheming by store employees,

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I was on the hunt for another $184 Remington 700, and let the 11-87's go. But only found one 700 at the clearance price, so decided to get an 11-87, or two, or maybe even three. Brickseek showed several around me, and I went hunting them yesterday. One was on "hold" waiting for the buyer to pass the background, so went to another store, and by the time I got there the one they had was gone.

Okay, say screw it and go home, as I really don't need another shotgun. Sleep on it, get up this morning and find one at a store about 45 minutes from me. Wasn't going to miss church, so I waited until almost 3 and called them to see if they had it, and they still did. Make the drive, wait almost an hour for the damned managers to show up and do the paperwork, and finally get out of there.

Wanna hear something......the dude scanned it, and said it was scheduled to drop to $125 on Tuesday if I wanted to wait till then. Told him I doubt it would still be there, and besides, $249 was a good deal.

Got back home, did some more research and found another 11-87 within driving distance. If it's still there Tuesday, and it drops to $125, I'm going to be there when they open up.

Damn! I’ll buy a spare if they go down to $125 and I can find another! Sure would like to find one of the 20 ga version’s with the 21” barrel. I can actually shoot better with the short barreled versions than the longer ones. I love those old Remington 1100 Special Field versions with the short barrel!!!

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I was on the hunt for another $184 Remington 700, and let the 11-87's go. But only found one 700 at the clearance price, so decided to get an 11-87, or two, or maybe even three. Brickseek showed several around me, and I went hunting them yesterday. One was on "hold" waiting for the buyer to pass the background, so went to another store, and by the time I got there the one they had was gone.

Okay, say screw it and go home, as I really don't need another shotgun. Sleep on it, get up this morning and find one at a store about 45 minutes from me. Wasn't going to miss church, so I waited until almost 3 and called them to see if they had it, and they still did. Make the drive, wait almost an hour for the damned managers to show up and do the paperwork, and finally get out of there.

Wanna hear something......the dude scanned it, and said it was scheduled to drop to $125 on Tuesday if I wanted to wait till then. Told him I doubt it would still be there, and besides, $249 was a good deal.

Got back home, did some more research and found another 11-87 within driving distance. If it's still there Tuesday, and it drops to $125, I'm going to be there when they open up.

If they drop the price Tuesday shouldn't we be able to take the receipt back and get a refund for the difference? I did that with Leopold binoc's I bought last year...

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by JTman

If they drop the price Tuesday shouldn't we be able to take the receipt back and get a refund for the difference? I did that with Leopold binoc's I bought last year...

Are you serious??? Did you do that at Walmart???

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by renegade50
Originally Posted by bbassi
I picked up a 11/87 20 this morning for my grandson when he's ready in a couple years. Till then it's going under the bed. I got delayed on the background so had to go back. In the hour I was gone they sold the other 2 they had left. LOL

Someone let me know when the Federal Blue box 30-30 and 243 roll back again. $5/box after rebate - I don't think I could load it for that.

Forgot about the blue box fed ammo.

So - Federal saw thru my scam and only sent rebates for one of the three addresses I sent in last year.... Dohhh! Still $9/box is okay, like old times.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
THAT IS GREAT TO HEAR!

Way to get after it man!

Your story reminds me of the binocular deal I got last year. Guy tried everything to make it not work out. I was like, "you didn't look there, you didn't look there, look there, look in the other box, look under there...." Poor young fugger finally had to let me have 'em! One Weatherby was like that too. Gal was trying to save it and finally admitted such as she rang it up for me.

Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
4350 Southwest Dr
Abilene TX 79606

One there.

My tech crashed.

Thanks!

Got my 1187 for $249. Today. Thanks Again MtnBoomer!!!

It went just like Renegade50 said:

Get there, the Clerk says “We’re ALL SOLD OUT”

So I Ask for the Mgr. Lady Mgr shows up after 20 minutes!
And after another 20 minutes, they FIND ONE.
Then they go to ring it up. Clerk says Gun Computer NOT WORKING 😡
So I Ask for the Mgr. AGAIN! 15 minutes later, Mgr shows up, AGAIN. FINALLY AFTER ONE & a half HOURS, I get to finally pay for and walk out with my gun!
FUQKING WALMART ! Just another reminder why I DONT SHOP THERE ! 🤠

--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A

Walmart will do it unless you are Pollish.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J

I bought two pair of Leopold's last year for 100 each, took them back a week later when they were reduced. Bought them back at 50 each and bought the last pair they had for 50 also. Three pair for 150 bucks.... SaaaaWeet deal!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors

Walmart will do it unless you are Pollish.

Awesome!!! Wonder how many damn idiot Walmart managers I’ll have to go through to get the $125 credit back. 😬

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Thinking about it, I bet gun sales (like their ammo sales) are final... No returns, no refunds.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
I am not sad that I did not get a Mini 14 last year. LOL

--- Kid Rock 2022

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by Blackheart

Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
I have no problem with sales staff getting first chance at anything which comes on sale at Walmart. They work for schyt wages for a schyt employer. I know, my wife spent a couple months there. She did not get along well with the morning "worship to the altar of Walmart" sessions.

That said, if they want 'em, they gotta get out the checkbook and get 'em bought before someone else steps up with the cash. Don't they still have lay-a-way at Wally World?

Allowing employees first chance to buy clearance priced items outright is one thing, but falsely telling customers "out of stock", willfully hiding them, or "neglecting" to put out on sales floor in order to prevent customers from buying first should not be permitted and in my opinion an offense that warrants disciplinary action.

Don't know what Walmart's official Christmas layaway start date is this year but last year it was August 31 and had to but picked up by Dec. 10. If they have a year-around layaway I haven't heard or seen anything about it.

I've read too that average hourly pay for full time Walmart employees is now over $14.

There aren't many full time employees at Wal-Mart and an "average" of 14.00 an hour for full time employees is still shyt wages. There's a convenience store near here that pays 15.00 an hour to start and the local Dairy Qeen has a help wanted sign in the window that says 14.00 an hour to start. Some of you crusty old farts need to get up to date on wages these days. It ain't the 1900's anymore.

I agree, any dishonest actions should be grounds for immediate termination.

Full time employees average $14/hr. One must remember that Dept managers, Personnel Managers, Loss Prevention Managers, HR Supervisors, Store Managers, Division Managers, National Marketing Managers, etc, etc, are all full time people who are calculated into the equation. The average associate on the floor ain't making $14/hr. My wife was working through the night stocking shelves for minimum wage.

But hey, they gave her a 10% discount card for any merchandise in the store, as long as it did not come from the grocery side.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
THAT IS GREAT TO HEAR!

Way to get after it man!

Your story reminds me of the binocular deal I got last year. Guy tried everything to make it not work out. I was like, "you didn't look there, you didn't look there, look there, look in the other box, look under there...." Poor young fugger finally had to let me have 'em! One Weatherby was like that too. Gal was trying to save it and finally admitted such as she rang it up for me.

4350 Southwest Dr
Abilene TX 79606

One there.

My tech crashed.

Thanks!

Got my 1187 for $249. Today. Thanks Again MtnBoomer!!!

It went just like Renegade50 said:

Get there, the Clerk says “We’re ALL SOLD OUT”

So I Ask for the Mgr. Lady Mgr shows up after 20 minutes!
And after another 20 minutes, they FIND ONE.
Then they go to ring it up. Clerk says Gun Computer NOT WORKING 😡
So I Ask for the Mgr. AGAIN! 15 minutes later, Mgr shows up, AGAIN. FINALLY AFTER ONE & a half HOURS, I get to finally pay for and walk out with my gun!
FUQKING WALMART ! Just another reminder why I DONT SHOP THERE ! 🤠

FUQKERS did the same thing to me last year.

Had two Vanguards on the counter ready to buy.

OOPs. Can't sell them to you because the manager is at lunch.

Wait 45 minutes for the manager to come in.

OOPS. Can't sell them to you because the the Gun Computer is not working.

Watch him dick around with it for another 30 minutes.

Give him my number and tell him to call me when it is working.

The call never came.

FUQK Walmart.

FÜCK Jeff_O!

MAGA
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
[F Walmart}

Yah, I did. 11-87 for $249 is a pretty good hosing!

--- Kid Rock 2022

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
I picked up a 11/87 20 this morning for my grandson when he's ready in a couple years. Till then it's going under the bed. I got delayed on the background so had to go back. In the hour I was gone they sold the other 2 they had left. LOL

Someone let me know when the Federal Blue box 30-30 and 243 roll back again. $5/box after rebate - I don't think I could load it for that.

So - Federal saw thru my scam and only sent rebates for one of the three addresses I sent in last year.... Dohhh! Still $9/box is okay, like old times.

Buy em all with the same debit / credit card???

Shoulda used cash .....

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
I think that was it. At least I didn't mail them all in the same envelope....

--- Kid Rock 2022

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J

Buy em all with the same debit / credit card???

Shoulda used cash .....

I bought several with the same MAC card last year and got rebates on all using my name and address and my GF's name and address... sent pics with each rebate submission with no issues (I submitted mine online). How would they know I didn't buy them for her, shouldn't matter how they were paid for (and apparently it didn't)...

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
I think that was it. At least I didn't mail them all in the same envelope....

Way ta go einstein ..... crazy laugh

Hahahaha!!
Lol!!!

Use card this year intially
Then come back couple mins later x how many seperate times and use cash.

I'm waiting on the blue box fed myself.
If it happens.

Page 8 of 23 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 22 23

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

593 members (16penny, 10gaugeman, 1936M71, 17Hunter, 163bc, 1234, 69 invisible), 2,070 guests, and 1,198 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,827
Posts18,496,581
Members73,979
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.