Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
I’ll be lucky if I get 25-30k out of the Cooper ST Maxx I have on my Ram.

I put a set of Yokohama Geolandar AT’s (GO15) on the Suburban. I had thought about Falken AT3’s on the Suburban, but wanted something less aggressive for highway use. So far, I like them A LOT. They were only $127 each, for 265/75-16. These were NOT “LT”, but were “P” rated. They make LT ones in that line, that are SLIGHTLY more aggressive, but I didn’t want to pay the extra bucks and the harsher ride from stiffer sidewalls.

Here ya go:

https://www.amazon.com/Yokohama-Geolandar-G015-All-Terrain-Radial/dp/B071CXQZ85

Look at ALL the pics. You’ll see that some are more aggressive than others.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Triggernosis
Originally Posted by hanco
Good year, I would put the Michelin back on there if it was me. No better tire out there. I won’t have anything else!

I haven't been 100% satisfied with the Michelins I have on there now. I've got over 100,000 miles on them, but at about 40K miles one of them (or a couple of them, I can't tell) developed a womp-womp-womp noise. Perhaps rubbing the edge of a curb caused it, I don't know. Rotated every 10K. I don't know.

100 K on a 60K tire and your complaining.

Swifty
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
They may not make it in a higher ply.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Cooper AT3's, they initially don't ride as good as the Michelin's, but are a lot cheaper and US made. My last two sets of Michelin M&S tires cost $1200 out the door including road hazard, I got 50K miles on one set and 49,500 on the last set. For $300/tire you would think they would last longer. Way back when Sears was selling 80K Michelins, my wife got 103K miles on a set on her Toyota Highlander, they must be making them different these days.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Good year, I would put the Michelin back on there if it was me. No better tire out there. I won’t have anything else!

I haven't been 100% satisfied with the Michelins I have on there now. I've got over 100,000 miles on them, but at about 40K miles one of them (or a couple of them, I can't tell) developed a womp-womp-womp noise. Perhaps rubbing the edge of a curb caused it, I don't know. Rotated every 10K. I don't know.

Holy dognutz! 100k on a set of truck tires? And you think any other brand is going to do better? I get 50k out of a set on my Ram 2500, and am satisfied with that. About 30% of my mileage is towing, and the Nittos I had before changing to Michelins went 28k before being replaced. On my 2nd set of Michelins after trying Nitto, Hankook and the original junk Firestones. Could not get the truck to ride smoothly with anything other then the Michelins.

To anger a conservative, lie to him. To annoy a liberal, tell him the truth.

Promoted to Turdlike status 03/17/12

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Got 110,000 miles on my Michelin LTX M/S2 on my 8000 pound diesel truck.

You'll regret leaving Michelin. So don't leave.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by SandBilly

Idk what ply this is. What kind of terrain if you off-road much?

Explained in my original post.
Short answer - seldom offroad, dirt paths and field edges on flat, sandy, swampy land - no rocks ever.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by badger

Holy dognutz! 100k on a set of truck tires? And you think any other brand is going to do better?

Actually, 110,075 miles currently, with more to go. NO, I don't think another brand is going to get better gas mileage, but I've had enough of that "womp-womp-womp" since 50K miles.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Swifty52

Only about the noise - "womp-womp-womp"

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Originally Posted by SCBill
Cooper AT3's...

he Said quiet. these are the OPPOSITE of quiet. Get the michelin ltx m/s2 and don't look back. Yes I've had both. Michelins are worth the extra cost over the Cooper AT3s

I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery - Thomas Jefferson
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by OrangeDiablo
Cooper AT3's...

he Said quiet. these are the OPPOSITE of quiet. Get the michelin ltx m/s2 and don't look back. Yes I've had both. Michelins are worth the extra cost over the Cooper AT3s

My Cooper At3’s are quiet. Very quiet for an AT

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Swifty52

Only about the noise - "womp-womp-womp"

Rotate them every 5k .For what you want no better tire anywhere.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by badger

Holy dognutz! 100k on a set of truck tires? And you think any other brand is going to do better? I get 50k out of a set on my Ram 2500, and am satisfied with that. About 30% of my mileage is towing, and the Nittos I had before changing to Michelins went 28k before being replaced. On my 2nd set of Michelins after trying Nitto, Hankook and the original junk Firestones. Could not get the truck to ride smoothly with anything other then the Michelins.

Listen to this man, he knows what he is talking about^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I know it's not what you asked or want to hear, but - Michelin Defender LTX (have them on my Tacoma)... for what you want there's no better tire.

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
I agree the Michelins are the “bomb”. I’ve gotten 70k out of the 3-4 sets I’ve had. That’s kinda why I liked the Yokohama Geolandar AT G015. They seem to wear well (I’m hoping for 50k plus out of them, much better than most “AT” tires), more aggressive than Michelins, but are much cheaper than the Michelin’s, and much quieter/smoother than Cooper’s or Falken AT3’s. Kind of a “compromise” tire, but not simply on price.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter

Maybe me not rotating them until 10K ruined them. The tread looks even, but something is definitely going on with a couple of them.

BTW, what air pressure do y'all run your tires at? I don't always follow the door jamb info, but I did on this set as the truck had a 100K mile full warranty and I didn't touch [bleep] on it until that ran out.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by OrangeDiablo
Cooper AT3's...

I believe the Mich. Defender LTX replaced the LTX M/S 2. Supposedly better, but I liked the old M/S 2's better.

Last edited by Triggernosis; 08/19/19.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter

Maybe me not rotating them until 10K ruined them. The tread looks even, but something is definitely going on with a couple of them.

BTW, what air pressure do y'all run your tires at? I don't always follow the door jamb info, but I did on this set as the truck had a 100K mile full warranty and I didn't touch [bleep] on it until that ran out.

I ran them at 36 LBs on a Tundra and Tacoma

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I really hate road noise and broken belts in an old tire. So Geolander are the way to go? I have a 4Runner so I don't need LT, P is good enough.
I had the Michelin LTX, on my Tundra, and they lasted, but not really good in snow/ice. They seemed to get hard as they aged.

Originally Posted by fburgtx
I agree the Michelins are the “bomb”. I’ve gotten 70k out of the 3-4 sets I’ve had. That’s kinda why I liked the Yokohama Geolandar AT G015. They seem to wear well (I’m hoping for 50k plus out of them, much better than most “AT” tires), more aggressive than Michelins, but are much cheaper than the Michelin’s, and much quieter/smoother than Cooper’s or Falken AT3’s. Kind of a “compromise” tire, but not simply on price.

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Read the reviews for that Geolandar on snow. The reviews I saw were pretty good for snow, though it’s not an issue where I’m at. I thought about serious all terrains for the Suburban, but since I mainly use it to go back and forth to the ranch (120 miles each way), I decided I’d rather have quiet. The only real mud they see is a county maintained red dirt road (that can get pretty slick with rain, since there’s no gravel/asphalt/caliche in it) and they have done fine.

BTW, these replaced a set of Michelin LTX’s. Just as quiet, little to no mileage change, and aggressive enough that I don’t fear spinning out on wet grass or a muddy road. Got out the door for $600-$650, vs the $1000-$1100 for Michelins. Mine were 16’s.

https://www.subaruoutback.org/threads/yokohama-geolandar-g015-tires-tank-in-the-snow.396826/

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

317 members (10gaugemag, 2500HD, 300_savage, 1_deuce, 16penny, 260Remguy, 48 invisible), 2,517 guests, and 1,231 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,386
Posts18,469,686
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.