Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Cruiser1
Originally Posted by CCCC
Just happened to be tuned to that program - Hilton does some very good stuff at times, but that presentation was, misleading, incomplete and unfair. Hilton was trying for the sensational - and possibly doing the bidding of someone associated with the NRA. Hilton's possible "integrity" went down a few notches in my book.
so; were his statements inaccurate?
I don't know it all and cannot verify that he stated something that was technically not accurate in itself, but I have followed the case and read quite a bit of solid source material. My analysis of Hilton's remarks is based on that, and I stand by what I posted about Hilton's presentation.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron

H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
What flavor Kool-Aid is the NRA serving you lifers these days?

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Dave_Skinner
I don't care how much of his NET SALARY he wants to spend at Lake Como or on a "car and driver." But to bill that to the org when there doesn't seem to be a relation to the NRA's mission of preserving firearms rights in America, I develop an attitude.As for the suits, he could probably get ten all at once and get a bulk discount from Jos A Bank or whatever.
I do not disagree with your position here, but at the same time we (at least I) don't know the terms of his contact and the expense allowances that the Board may have built into that agreement - and those allowances may have been included and active for quite some time. Such is very common in big CEO contracts. My own take is that those with power who want Lapierre gone have publicized such expenses to generate outrage among the membership and, if so, it is working.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I'm just trying to get my name off their mail and email list. Even if I hit the "unsubscribe" button it seems to put their system into overdrive.

I'd rather die in a BAD gunfight than a GOOD nursing home.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Screw the NRA.

LOL
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln

Whatever the flavor, I never touch the stuff. I've heard that it makes old guys go and hide somewhere when their posts are challenged.

O
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
O

If he was truly dedicated to the cause of the NRA he would have stepped down long ago. His actions have revealed the true person that he is. Just another self serving individual who's true cause is the dollar. All top officers should also resign as they have been complice in his actions. GW

If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. MACHIAVELLI
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Just happened to be tuned to that program - Hilton does some very good stuff at times, but that presentation was, misleading, incomplete and unfair. Hilton was trying for the sensational - and possibly doing the bidding of someone associated with the NRA. Hilton's possible "integrity" went down a few notches in my book.
I don't know it all and cannot verify that he stated something that was technically not accurate in itself, but I have followed the case and read quite a bit of solid source material. My analysis of Hilton's remarks is based on that, and I stand by what I posted about Hilton's presentation.

You do not seem to want to describe what Hilton did or phrased wrong I too have read a lot about the situation and cannot imagine having to lie or hedge a comment to make WLP look bad.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln

A damn bitter one that was spit out

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
King Wayne probably hasn't bought toliet paper or toothpaste in decades out of his own wallet.
Just bills it to the NRA as a self entitled living expense.
I bet dude dont spend schit of his " own money" for day to day mere mortal stuff.

Plus he has a french last name.

He needs ta go.........

Last edited by renegade50; 08/20/19.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Sitka deer

You do not seem to want to describe what Hilton did or phrased wrong I too have read a lot about the situation and cannot imagine having to lie or hedge a comment to make WLP look bad.

What Hilton did - as one example - used some examples of LaPierre's travels and expenditures to paint a picture of misuse or theft of funds; which the NRA Board has not claimed - no matter how selfish or inappropriate those expenditures seem to be among us common folk in the NRA: Had Lapierre done that - he would be gone already. There are other aspects of Hilton's presentation that were of the same slant. I don't wish to inaccurately describe Hilton's paint job - would rather you watched it yourself from a knowing and balanced point of view. That particular piece came across as very unfair and misleading - to me.

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Iv been a NRA member for 30 years or more , got my renew letter today $45.00 for a year now, it went into the burn barrel! Im done. they want my guns Come and get them!

Deer Camp! about as good as it gets!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Iv been a NRA member for 30 years or more , got my renew letter today $45.00 for a year now, it went into the burn barrel! Im done. they want my guns Come and get them!

Thata boy grin

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/poli...ras-influence/ar-AAG4XPi?ocid=spartanntp

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
The left has been out to kill the NRA for years. So, a few carefully leaked stories, alittle internal dissension cause by new board members, a little butthurt over a worthless stock accessory, and WE do it for them.

Yep, sounds about right.

Last edited by JoeBob; 08/20/19.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Dave_Skinner
I don't care how much of his NET SALARY he wants to spend at Lake Como or on a "car and driver." But to bill that to the org when there doesn't seem to be a relation to the NRA's mission of preserving firearms rights in America, I develop an attitude.

As for the suits, he could probably get ten all at once and get a bulk discount from Jos A Bank or whatever.

I second this motion, all in favor say aye. Cheers NC

don't judge until you have walked a mile in other persons' moccasins'
SUM QUOD SUM........HOMINEM TE ESSE MEMENTO
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by JoeBob
The left has been out to kill the NRA for years. So, a few carefully leaked stories, alittle internal dissension cause by new board members, a little butthurt over a worthless stock accessory, and WE do it for them.

Yep, sounds about right.
What did the NRA do as far as Heller? The last I knew, the NRA had a video up supporting Red Flag Laws-it was posted just in the last day or two, possibly on this thread.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 7mmbuster
As someone suggested on another thread, if Wayne LaP had any class, he would realize that his staying on hurts the organization and step down.
The fact that he will not speaks volumes about him and his regards for both the NRA and it's members.7mm
He cannot step down, he would have huge legal bills to pay out of his own funds. He is certainly facing civil action and possibly criminal charges. As it stands now NRA will pay.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Originally Posted by JoeBob

Yep, sounds about right.

Do some research on what the duties are of a BoD and get back with us. Here's a hint--it's not to be the public face of an organization and go around shaking hands because you're famous.

Last edited by UPhiker; 08/20/19.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
How would you like to see her take big chit on the Cheetos forehead?

[Linked Image]

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Bugger off s h i tforbrains.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

530 members (1badf350, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 007FJ, 06hunter59, 1234, 53 invisible), 2,400 guests, and 1,257 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,414
Posts18,489,049
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.