Home
Posted By: gahuntertom FOX on NRA's LaPierre: - 08/19/19
Fox News host roasts NRA's LaPierre: 'An odious little grifter' who needs to go
© Greg Nash
Fox News host Steve Hilton is blasting National Rifle Association (NRA) CEO Wayne LaPierre, calling him "an odious little grifter" who needs to be shown the door.

Hilton’s criticism comes amid leadership upheaval at the NRA, with at least four members of the gun rights lobbying group’s board of directors stepping down in the past few weeks, following the resignation of NRA President Oliver North in April.

Meanwhile, earlier this month, board members had to defend a reported proposal for the organization to spend $6 million on a Dallas-area mansion for LaPierre.

"For years, Wayne has taken NRA members’ money to live the life of a king, but he’s not a king. He’s the head of a nonprofit trusted by millions to use its funds to secure constitutional rights,” Hilton, the host of "The Next Revolution," said during his "Swamp Watch" segment Sunday. “He’s an odious little grifter and it’s time for him to go.”

Hilton listed several high-ticket purchases LaPierre has made over the years while running the NRA, including a $5 million estate and luxury travel and rent costs incurred during trips to the Bahamas and throughout Europe that entailed private air charters and drivers.

"He made NRA members pay for a trip to Italy and Budapest in 2014, including $6,500 at the Four Seasons Hotel. I've been to that hotel. It's lovely," Hilton said.

"But Mr. LaPierre, there are other countries and other hotels you can stay at, if you want to protect the Second Amendment. Try the Hyatt in Washington, D.C. It's a short walk to places like the United States Congress and the Supreme Court where Americans' gun rights are actually decided, not Budapest or even Lake Como, where you billed NRA members $2,400 for a stay at this luxury retreat, the Casta Diva Resort," he continued. "Not to mention $17,550 for an air charter, also known as a private jet, to get you from one to the other. Oh, and $18,300 for a car and driver at each end."

LaPierre has been CEO of the NRA since 1991.

The Hill has reached out to the NRA for comment.
Posted By: CCCC Re: FOX on NRA's LaPierre: - 08/19/19
Just happened to be tuned to that program - Hilton does some very good stuff at times, but that presentation was, misleading, incomplete and unfair. Hilton was trying for the sensational - and possibly doing the bidding of someone associated with the NRA. Hilton's possible "integrity" went down a few notches in my book.
Ridiculous, spending that kind of money !
He's got to go !
Posted By: Cruiser1 Re: FOX on NRA's LaPierre: - 08/19/19
Originally Posted by CCCC
Just happened to be tuned to that program - Hilton does some very good stuff at times, but that presentation was, misleading, incomplete and unfair. Hilton was trying for the sensational - and possibly doing the bidding of someone associated with the NRA. Hilton's possible "integrity" went down a few notches in my book.

so; were his statements inaccurate?
Shenanigans like that are one of the many reasons my money goes to GOA, not NRA. The NRA big wheels long before LaPierre came to power in the organization have had an incestuous relationship with a few members of congress on both sides of the aisle, and they have squandered regular members' hard earned dollars in Washington and apparently worldwide while doing little if anything to protect our rights. Let's hope Wayne L. and a lot more of his money-gtubbing cronies get run out of town on a rail, wearing a brand new wardrobe of tar and feathers!
Jerry
Posted By: JoeBob Re: FOX on NRA's LaPierre: - 08/19/19
I really didn’t have a problem with the suits. You want the head of your organization to be well dressed and $35,000 is probably ten suits. But, this other stuff seems way over the top. Why does he even need to go to those places? Is there some 2nd Amendment stuff happening at Lake Como? Was he personally lobbying George Clooney? Just crazy.
Posted By: gahuntertom Re: FOX on NRA's LaPierre: - 08/19/19
[spoiler][/spoiler]

This is the typical character assassination we get from from the NRA establishment.

Ask me who I trust North or LaPierre and my answer is, NORTH. Who do I think should be in jail, Lapierre
Posted By: Gus Re: FOX on NRA's LaPierre: - 08/19/19
personnally, if the info is available, i'd much rather hear from the various perspectives of the gun mfg's themselves: ruger, s&w, remington, even glock, etc.

they're the ones who live and die by gun sales. and we're the ones who breathe life into their corporate bodies, as we create demand; and they offer supply.

the outsiders are doing good, but it's at a pretty high cost for benefits received?
Posted By: mtnsnake Re: FOX on NRA's LaPierre: - 08/19/19
Remove and prosecute.
I don't care how much of his NET SALARY he wants to spend at Lake Como or on a "car and driver." But to bill that to the org when there doesn't seem to be a relation to the NRA's mission of preserving firearms rights in America, I develop an attitude.

As for the suits, he could probably get ten all at once and get a bulk discount from Jos A Bank or whatever.
Posted By: UPhiker Re: FOX on NRA's LaPierre: - 08/19/19
Originally Posted by Antvera
[quote=CCCC]Just happened to be tuned to that program - Hilton does some very good stuff at times, but that presentation was, misleading, incomplete and unfair. Hilton was trying for the sensational - and possibly doing the bidding of someone associated with the NRA. Hilton's possible "integrity" went down a few notches in my book.

+1

Three posts and they consist of "nice", "amazing" and "+1". Bot anyone...
Posted By: AkMtnHntr Re: FOX on NRA's LaPierre: - 08/19/19
But what would w4b say? lol
He has been there too long. Power and corruption is catching up. A little works well because that is what gets things done but after a wile it gets too big to handle and goes out of control.
Posted By: 7mmbuster Re: FOX on NRA's LaPierre: - 08/19/19
As someone suggested on another thread, if Wayne LaP had any class, he would realize that his staying on hurts the organization and step down.
The fact that he will not speaks volumes about him and his regards for both the NRA and it's members.
7mm
Certainly the money and other details come into play, but the NRA's constant appeasement and support for gun control is the bigger issue. The last I knew they had a video supporting Red Flag Laws up on their site. IIRC it was Chris Cox who did it and he's since been shi tcanned, so maybe its been taken down.

With friends like the NRA, who needs enemies?
Posted By: UPhiker Re: FOX on NRA's LaPierre: - 08/19/19
It appears that the NRA's BoD doesn't have a clue as to what the purpose of a BoD is.
Posted By: Pat85 Re: FOX on NRA's LaPierre: - 08/19/19
That 400+ million they pull in annually is obviously way more than what they need to support 2nd amendment causes. The problem that will come about with less funds is the leadership at the NRA is going to have to chose between maintaining their current lifestyle or funding 2A causes.
Posted By: CCCC Re: FOX on NRA's LaPierre: - 08/20/19
Originally Posted by gahuntertom
[spoiler][/spoiler]

This is the typical character assassination we get from from the NRA establishment. Ask me who I trust North or LaPierre and my answer is, NORTH. Who do I think should be in jail, Lapierre
If my interpretation of your reply (negative?) is correct, you need to get it through your head that I am not in any way the "NRA establishment, nor do I speak in defense of Lapierre or the NRA Board. My comments about Hilton's presentation were cool analysis of what he did on air - he is responsible for what he utters and how it is couched - and I said zero about his character. Even though I'm certainly not a Lapierre supporter, unfair journalism must be identified as such. Lapierre needs to go and soon will be gone, and the Board requires some serious reconfiguration of rules and behavior. North was not good for that body, as exemplified by his behavior, and he needed to go as well I'm impressed that he was big enough to remove himself (I think). If I misinterpreted your post and it was in some way supportive of mine, ignore my reply and I'm sorry for the misunderstanding.
Posted By: watch4bear Re: FOX on NRA's LaPierre: - 08/20/19
Originally Posted by AkMtnHntr
But what would w4b say? lol

I'd say even with the NRA youi fellas will lose some gun rights. Laughing at you's, not with you's grin grin grin
And what about your rights? You somehow exempt?
Originally Posted by Cruiser1
I don't know it all and cannot verify that he stated something that was technically not accurate in itself, but I have followed the case and read quite a bit of solid source material. My analysis of Hilton's remarks is based on that, and I stand by what I posted about Hilton's presentation.
What flavor Kool-Aid is the NRA serving you lifers these days?
Originally Posted by Dave_Skinner
I don't care how much of his NET SALARY he wants to spend at Lake Como or on a "car and driver." But to bill that to the org when there doesn't seem to be a relation to the NRA's mission of preserving firearms rights in America, I develop an attitude.As for the suits, he could probably get ten all at once and get a bulk discount from Jos A Bank or whatever.
I do not disagree with your position here, but at the same time we (at least I) don't know the terms of his contact and the expense allowances that the Board may have built into that agreement - and those allowances may have been included and active for quite some time. Such is very common in big CEO contracts. My own take is that those with power who want Lapierre gone have publicized such expenses to generate outrage among the membership and, if so, it is working.
I'm just trying to get my name off their mail and email list. Even if I hit the "unsubscribe" button it seems to put their system into overdrive.
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: FOX on NRA's LaPierre: - 08/20/19
Screw the NRA.
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln

Whatever the flavor, I never touch the stuff. I've heard that it makes old guys go and hide somewhere when their posts are challenged.
Posted By: oldtimer303 Re: FOX on NRA's LaPierre: - 08/20/19

If he was truly dedicated to the cause of the NRA he would have stepped down long ago. His actions have revealed the true person that he is. Just another self serving individual who's true cause is the dollar. All top officers should also resign as they have been complice in his actions. GW
Posted By: Sitka deer Re: FOX on NRA's LaPierre: - 08/20/19
I don't know it all and cannot verify that he stated something that was technically not accurate in itself, but I have followed the case and read quite a bit of solid source material. My analysis of Hilton's remarks is based on that, and I stand by what I posted about Hilton's presentation.

You do not seem to want to describe what Hilton did or phrased wrong I too have read a lot about the situation and cannot imagine having to lie or hedge a comment to make WLP look bad.
Posted By: 700LH Re: FOX on NRA's LaPierre: - 08/20/19
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln

A damn bitter one that was spit out
Posted By: renegade50 Re: FOX on NRA's LaPierre: - 08/20/19
King Wayne probably hasn't bought toliet paper or toothpaste in decades out of his own wallet.
Just bills it to the NRA as a self entitled living expense.
I bet dude dont spend schit of his " own money" for day to day mere mortal stuff.

Plus he has a french last name.

He needs ta go.........
Originally Posted by Sitka deer

You do not seem to want to describe what Hilton did or phrased wrong I too have read a lot about the situation and cannot imagine having to lie or hedge a comment to make WLP look bad.

What Hilton did - as one example - used some examples of LaPierre's travels and expenditures to paint a picture of misuse or theft of funds; which the NRA Board has not claimed - no matter how selfish or inappropriate those expenditures seem to be among us common folk in the NRA: Had Lapierre done that - he would be gone already. There are other aspects of Hilton's presentation that were of the same slant. I don't wish to inaccurately describe Hilton's paint job - would rather you watched it yourself from a knowing and balanced point of view. That particular piece came across as very unfair and misleading - to me.
Posted By: saddlering Re: FOX on NRA's LaPierre: - 08/20/19
Iv been a NRA member for 30 years or more , got my renew letter today $45.00 for a year now, it went into the burn barrel! Im done. they want my guns Come and get them!
Posted By: watch4bear Re: FOX on NRA's LaPierre: - 08/20/19
Iv been a NRA member for 30 years or more , got my renew letter today $45.00 for a year now, it went into the burn barrel! Im done. they want my guns Come and get them!

Thata boy grin

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/poli...ras-influence/ar-AAG4XPi?ocid=spartanntp
Posted By: JoeBob Re: FOX on NRA's LaPierre: - 08/20/19
The left has been out to kill the NRA for years. So, a few carefully leaked stories, alittle internal dissension cause by new board members, a little butthurt over a worthless stock accessory, and WE do it for them.

Yep, sounds about right.
Originally Posted by Dave_Skinner
I don't care how much of his NET SALARY he wants to spend at Lake Como or on a "car and driver." But to bill that to the org when there doesn't seem to be a relation to the NRA's mission of preserving firearms rights in America, I develop an attitude.

As for the suits, he could probably get ten all at once and get a bulk discount from Jos A Bank or whatever.

I second this motion, all in favor say aye. Cheers NC
Originally Posted by JoeBob
The left has been out to kill the NRA for years. So, a few carefully leaked stories, alittle internal dissension cause by new board members, a little butthurt over a worthless stock accessory, and WE do it for them.

Yep, sounds about right.
What did the NRA do as far as Heller? The last I knew, the NRA had a video up supporting Red Flag Laws-it was posted just in the last day or two, possibly on this thread.
Posted By: Hastings Re: FOX on NRA's LaPierre: - 08/21/19
Originally Posted by 7mmbuster
As someone suggested on another thread, if Wayne LaP had any class, he would realize that his staying on hurts the organization and step down.
The fact that he will not speaks volumes about him and his regards for both the NRA and it's members.7mm
He cannot step down, he would have huge legal bills to pay out of his own funds. He is certainly facing civil action and possibly criminal charges. As it stands now NRA will pay.
Posted By: UPhiker Re: FOX on NRA's LaPierre: - 08/21/19

Yep, sounds about right.

Do some research on what the duties are of a BoD and get back with us. Here's a hint--it's not to be the public face of an organization and go around shaking hands because you're famous.
Posted By: watch4bear Re: FOX on NRA's LaPierre: - 08/21/19
How would you like to see her take big chit on the Cheetos forehead?

[Linked Image]
Bugger off s h i tforbrains.
Posted By: JoeBob Re: FOX on NRA's LaPierre: - 08/21/19
Originally Posted by UPhiker

Yep, sounds about right.

Do some research on what the duties are of a BoD and get back with us. Here's a hint--it's not to be the public face of an organization and go around shaking hands because you're famous.

How do you think lobbying is done? THAT is literally how it is done.
Posted By: UPhiker Re: FOX on NRA's LaPierre: - 08/21/19
Originally Posted by UPhiker

Yep, sounds about right.

How do you think lobbying is done? THAT is literally how it is done.

Dumbfuqk, that's not the primary duty of a BoD. Grow a few brain cells and get back to us.
Some of you who believe EVERYTHING is a conspiracy can’t even see this schit. First they tried to tie the NRA to the Russian collusion thing. Then New York got after them. Then attention whore Ollie North started raising Cain. Then the leaks, likely straight from the New York AG’s Office started hitting the air. And all of you, are falling right for it.

Wayne ain’t blameless, but there is a lot more to this than meets the eye.
Posted By: 700LH Re: FOX on NRA's LaPierre: - 08/21/19
This has been needed for years and with the adminestration, we have in DC there will probably not be a better time for this to happen..
Posted By: Redneck Re: FOX on NRA's LaPierre: - 08/21/19
I guess you'd love to lick her muffin, right??
Posted By: Pat85 Re: FOX on NRA's LaPierre: - 08/21/19
Some of you who believe EVERYTHING is a conspiracy can’t even see this schit. First they tried to tie the NRA to the Russian collusion thing. Then New York got after them. Then attention whore Ollie North started raising Cain. Then the leaks, likely straight from the New York AG’s Office started hitting the air. And all of you, are falling right for it.

It's a good attack plan on the part of the libs. Piss off the members by exposing Waynes and the NRAs spending habits with their hard earned money. I don't want to see my money going towards the purchase of a Texas mansion that I won't be allowed to step foot in and neither do the majority of members.
Originally Posted by Pat85

It's a good attack plan on the part of the libs. Piss off the members by exposing Waynes and the NRAs spending habits with their hard earned money. I don't want to see my money going towards the purchase of a Texas mansion that I won't be allowed to step foot in and neither do the majority of members.

It ain’t just that. Look LaPierre can’t step down because New York is after him civilly and criminally. Step down and his legal fees aren’t covered, plus he loses any political clout he has. Same for the BOD at the NRA. Those that quit lose their indemnity for legal fees and New York is actively going after them both civilly and criminally.

All these leaks about practices that may or may not going on and are undoubtedly exaggerated are a tactic to raise the heat on the BOD members and others to break ranks. Once they quit, then New York is going to go after them heavily. Then, under the pressure of bankrupting legal fees and/or criminal prosecution, someone is going to break and turn over on the NRA and “compose” a litany of crimes and misdeeds. Once that happens, then not only are the going to hammer the NRA financially, they are going to try to send LaPierre and some of the BOD to jail. Then, of course, the power of the NRA will be broken and no one with any sense will ever want to get involved with it again.

That’s the plan. It’s the same plan that they tried with Trump and the Mueller investigation. It’s the same plan they tried with the Mafia and other organized crime organizations. Attack it on all fronts, create dissension, go after individual members and bankrupt them or jail them, until they turn over on others and the organization as a whole, and then kill it by making it so that everyone knows that getting involved with it means having your life turned upside down.

It’s lawfare. It’s life in the new Soviet Socialist Republic of America.
Posted By: jorgeI Re: FOX on NRA's LaPierre: - 08/21/19

It ain’t just that. Look LaPierre can’t step down because New York is after him civilly and criminally. Step down and his legal fees aren’t covered, plus he loses any political clout he has. Same for the BOD at the NRA. Those that quit lose their indemnity for legal fees and New York is actively going after them both civilly and criminally.

All these leaks about practices that may or may not going on and are undoubtedly exaggerated are a tactic to raise the heat on the BOD members and others to break ranks. Once they quit, then New York is going to go after them heavily. Then, under the pressure of bankrupting legal fees and/or criminal prosecution, someone is going to break and turn over on the NRA and “compose” a litany of crimes and misdeeds. Once that happens, then not only are the going to hammer the NRA financially, they are going to try to send LaPierre and some of the BOD to jail. Then, of course, the power of the NRA will be broken and no one with any sense will ever want to get involved with it again.

That’s the plan. It’s the same plan that they tried with Trump and the Mueller investigation. It’s the same plan they tried with the Mafia and other organized crime organizations. Attack it on all fronts, create dissension, go after individual members and bankrupt them or jail them, until they turn over on others and the organization as a whole, and then kill it by making it so that everyone knows that getting involved with it means having your life turned upside down.

THIS
And none of this is to say that LaPierre hasn’t done bad stuff...unethical, maybe even technically illegal. But he really isn’t doing anything that every CEO of these nonprofits and foundations are doing. And frankly, money wise, the NRA is small potatoes compared to many of them. But the reasons it and LaPierre are being targeted have nothing to do with alleged misdeeds, they are purely political.

Money has never been the reason the NRA was powerful. It really doesn’t have that much. A guy like Bloomberg could write a check for several years of NRA operating expenses and never miss it at all.
And none of this is to say that LaPierre hasn’t done bad stuff...unethical, maybe even technically illegal. But he really isn’t doing anything that every CEO of these nonprofits and foundations are doing. And frankly, money wise, the NRA is small potatoes compared to many of them. But the reasons it and LaPierre are being targeted have nothing to do with alleged misdeeds, they are purely political.

Money has never been the reason the NRA was powerful. It really doesn’t have that much. A guy like Bloomberg could write a check for several years of NRA operating expenses and never miss it at all.

Except most CEOs arent using donated moneys as they stab the membership in the back,
Screw WLP he has earned whatever he gets
Posted By: hasbeen1945 Re: FOX on NRA's LaPierre: - 08/21/19

Don’t try to reason with common sense. It goes way over a bunch of heads. They are looking for a reason not to send any money to the NRA. If they ever have. Hasbeen

Does the NRA still have the video up supporting Red Flag Laws?

What if all that money that does no good were suddenly transferred to an organization that actually stands up for gun owner's rights, such as GOA?

If the NRA would stop supporting gun control and having anti-gun folks at the helm, they would get more support.

YES

Originally Posted by 700LH

Except most CEOs arent using donated moneys as they stab the membership in the back,
Screw WLP let NY ruin him he has earned it

Okay, so be it, but the NRA is done. Oh, and don’t think the political prosecutions are over. Hell, they are just getting started. Any gun organization that even begins to start showing some of the political clout of the NRA will quickly find itself target by one of the local Soviet committees...I mean state governments.

Lots of you are too busy cheering the demise of Wayne and the NRA because you are butthurt over bump stocks or some other stupid schit, but this represents the end of gun owners as an organized and recognized political force in this country. We’ll still have power, but the only place it will be exercised is at the voting booth. The power to influence, shape legislation, kill it before it gets going...that’s all pretty much over with this mess if they are successful.

Originally Posted by EthanEdwards

What if all that money that does no good were suddenly transferred to an organization that actually stands up for gun owner's rights, such as GOA?

If the NRA would stop supporting gun control and having anti-gun folks at the helm, they would get more support.

Don’t worry, GOA will get it’s turn in the barrel as soon as they are done with the NRA.

Okay, so be it, but the NRA is done. Oh, and don’t think the political prosecutions are over. Hell, they are just getting started. Any gun organization that even begins to start showing some of the political clout of the NRA will quickly find itself target by one of the local Soviet committees...I mean state governments.

Lots of you are too busy cheering the demise of Wayne and the NRA because you are butthurt over bump stocks or some other stupid schit, but this represents the end of gun owners as an organized and recognized political force in this country. We’ll still have power, but the only place it will be exercised is at the voting booth. The power to influence, shale legislation, kill it before it gets going...that’s all pretty much over with this mess if they are successful.

Your assuming things that are not so.
I don't think gun owners want the NRA destroyed we want them to stand frim on our 2nd Amendment rights.
Good honest firearm advocacy groups will be just like the good gunshops when a large retailer comes to town, they do just fine.
If WLP has been doing stupid chit with members money let him use his own to get out of the trouble he has created for himself. why should the membership pay?
Posted By: local_dirt Re: FOX on NRA's LaPierre: - 08/21/19
They will not get another nickel of my money until things get cleaned up over there. For now, it's GOA ALL THE WAY.
Posted By: Sitka deer Re: FOX on NRA's LaPierre: - 08/21/19

Not only "can" WLP step down, he should. Just because he is being attacked legally is no excuse to continue his drag on the NRA. Far better having him in the news as the compromised former VP versus the current. If he truly did bad stuff and is convicted having him still in power would be foolish on our parts and extremely selfish on his part. Staying just for the legal funding is bullshit.
[

Lots of you are too busy cheering the demise of Wayne and the NRA because you are butthurt over bump stocks or some other stupid schit,

operative words:stupid s h i t

Lots of you are too busy cheering the demise of Wayne and the NRA because you are butthurt over bump stocks or some other stupid schit, but this represents the end of gun owners as an organized and recognized political force in this country. We’ll still have power, but the only place it will be exercised is at the voting booth. The power to influence, shale legislation, kill it before it gets going...that’s all pretty much over with this mess if they are successful.

Your assuming things that are not so.
I don't think gun owners want the NRA destroyed we want them to stand frim on our 2nd Amendment rights.
Good honest firearm advocacy groups will be just like the good gunshops when a large retailer comes to town, they do just fine.
If WLP has been doing stupid chit with members money let him use his own to get out of the trouble he has created for himself. why should the membership pay?

YOU DON’T UNDERSTAND. The rules have changed.

New York is treating the NRA like the mafia. They will do it with any gun organization. What you or any other gun owner “wants” is immaterial. This is what the communists are going to do to you.

You want an example of what state governments can do to industries and organizations with VASTLY more money and clout than the NRA? Look at the tobacco industry. Sixty years ago nearly half of all Americans smoked. In today’s dollars sales worldwide were probably in the trillions. Now, through a combination of show prosecutions and state investigations, lawsuits, and regulatory hostility, I read where Phillip Morris is looking to get out of the cigarette business altogether.

That’s part of the model. This New York stuff is just the beginning. Expect California to start the same stuff. Imagine the NRA and GOA having to go through this simultaneously in four or five states that were coordinating their efforts for maximum inconvenience and expense.

This is the future is the USSA.
Posted By: RiverRider Re: FOX on NRA's LaPierre: - 08/21/19
So, what's the solution, JoeBob?
Originally Posted by RiverRider

I don’t think there is one. The NRA is on a death ride. I think it’s done. Our country isn’t really set up to survive such an intensely partisan environment where naked politics without the restraint of morality, ethics, or allegiance to constitutional values prevails over everything.
Posted By: Raeford Re: FOX on NRA's LaPierre: - 08/21/19

This is the $64M question...
Let us know when the Sky hits your tinfoil hat.

This is exactly what the present NRA leadership wants you to believe.
Dark picture for sure.

I've been predicting civil war for 20 years. I don't see any way to avoid it, or some kind of realignment of the States---if we should be so fortunate.

Not much on foresight, are ya?

Let us know when you wake the frick up, come out from under your rock, and see what is being done in this country right in front of your nose.

They just tried to, and nearly did, take down the president of the United States with a completely made up horse schit scheme and you say that it is tinfoil hat territory to believe that the NRA will be politically targeted?

Just shuffle on off to the retirement home. The America you think that you know doesn’t exist anymore if it ever did.

I don’t think there is one. The NRA is on a death ride. I think it’s done. Our country isn’t really set up to survive such an intensely partisan environment where naked politics without the restraint of morality, ethics, or allegiance to constitutional values prevails over everything.

Sure there is...

[Linked Image]
Posted By: gonehuntin Re: FOX on NRA's LaPierre: - 08/21/19
Originally Posted by jorgeI

Sure there is...

[Linked Image]

Bump for the Greatest Helicopter Tour Operator Ever!

Not much on foresight, are ya?

I don't see the NRA falling into a dark abyss I see a bright light at the end of a dark tunnel..
You'd make a lot of folks feel better if you can explain how that comes to pass.
Posted By: HuntnShoot Re: FOX on NRA's LaPierre: - 08/21/19
This discussion boils down to basics: WLP and the BOD did some [bleep] that is unethical in the extreme, and they have not played their cards right. Now they are bringing down the NRA.

What you old Boomers can't grasp is that THIS IS A GOOD THING. All the NRA has been doing is playing ball with the gun grabbers and living high on the hog from your support.

Lobbying groups can and have held sway in DC, but as has been noted, that political paradigm is over. And I hate to tell you this, but the money is fake, has been fake for over a century, and is currently being counterfeited by a private entity to hand out to its friends. That is why this battle was never about lobbying.

I'll keep on saying it: YOU PROTECT AND DEFEND AND ASSERT YOUR RIGHTS. There is no group, no lobby, no government entity that ever has, or ever will, do this for you.

Stop pretending that reality does not exist. It isn't helping.
You'd make a lot of folks feel better if you can explain how that comes to pass.

New honest leadership strong on 2nd A. rights and open financials,
Posted By: BOWSINGER Re: FOX on NRA's LaPierre: - 08/21/19
Originally Posted by HuntnShoot
This discussion boils down to basics: WLP and the BOD did some [bleep] that is unethical in the extreme, and they have not played their cards right. Now they are bringing down the NRA.

What you old Boomers can't grasp is that THIS IS A GOOD THING. All the NRA has been doing is playing ball with the gun grabbers and living high on the hog from your support.

Lobbying groups can and have held sway in DC, but as has been noted, that political paradigm is over. And I hate to tell you this, but the money is fake, has been fake for over a century, and is currently being counterfeited by a private entity to hand out to its friends. That is why this battle was never about lobbying.

I'll keep on saying it: YOU PROTECT AND DEFEND AND ASSERT YOUR RIGHTS. There is no group, no lobby, no government entity that ever has, or ever will, do this for you.

Stop pretending that reality does not exist. It isn't helping.

Without the NRA we are doomed. With the NRA we will continue the good fight.

2020 looking good.
Posted By: Sitka deer Re: FOX on NRA's LaPierre: - 08/21/19
The NRA is distinctly compromised with WLP, but they maintain an air of fear among many because of their history of very effective hit piece ads. This will pass and the NRA will continue. But the sooner WLP leaves the stage the sooner it will fade into vague memories.

Don’t worry, GOA will get it’s turn in the barrel as soon as they are done with the NRA.
That's speculation and doesn't answer any of the three questions directed your way.

The NRA has been losing support of the "no compromise" portion of the membership for years. This latest scandal may or may not make that worse. The hardcore 2nd Amendment types I'd guess are a lot like myself...the main thing they want from the NRA is opposition to ALL gun control. The shenanigans of LaPierre and others are nothing compared to the damage done from stuff like the Red Flag video.

So y'all can whine all you want, but smart and serious gun owners give money to organizations that oppose gun control, not support or even advocate it.

That's speculation and doesn't answer any of the three questions directed your way.

The NRA has been losing support of the "no compromise" portion of the membership for years. This latest scandal may or may not make that worse. The hardcore 2nd Amendment types I'd guess are a lot like myself...the main thing they want from the NRA is opposition to ALL gun control. The shenanigans of LaPierre and others are nothing compared to the damage done from stuff like the Red Flag video.

So y'all can whine all you want, but smart and serious gun owners give money to organizations that oppose gun control, not support or even advocate it.

I’m not telling you that I’m pleased with everything they do, that you should be, or that you should even support them. Do as you like. I’m just telling you what’s going to happen.
Posted By: CCCC Re: FOX on NRA's LaPierre: - 08/21/19
The NRA is far from dead and will pull through this mess and be even stronger - but not without some serious clean up. They are under new kinds of attacks and this is a tough time for the NRA, mainly because the BOD has not been strongly focused on the correct core values and most important efforts for the organization. Whatever W. .LaPierre has been doing is not new or much different than in the past, and the BOD probably has not paid enough attention to that in the overall sense, but that is not the major issue. He is a convenient target right now.and will need to be gone. That will happen in due time.

As for the BOD drift - due mainly to laxity? Maybe. Dissension and competing interests among Board members ? Probably. Is there a need to re-focus on core values and efforts? Absolutely yes.

Don't think for a moment that the attacks and pressures on the NRA are the "same old stuff" from the past - not so - this is a new political game by the opponents and it is difficult. The reworked NRA BOD has to be a bunch more serious and focused on our needs. . It is my view that the NRA is the very best hope for future protection of our 2nd Amendment rights. I do not disparage those who disagree, but would like to see and understand their proposed better solution. For those who are inclined to cut and run, no longer support the NRA and do something else - now is a near-perfect opportunity. This is no time to be distracted by the small stuff.
It’s lawfare. And on the state levels it can be devastating. New York is a one party state. It has resources indistinguishable from the federal government as far as being able to prosecute a case like this.

This goes beyond the NRA. If political prosecutions become the norm, it changes the way things are done everywhere.
Posted By: Gus Re: FOX on NRA's LaPierre: - 08/21/19
it's fair to say that money flowed like wine to many washington dc lobby groups, not just the nra.

but money coming in faster than it can be spent is a powerful aphrodisiac so to speak.

now, some real challenges are on the horizon. the city folks are organizing.

and by that, i mean mom's who don't want their sons shot dead.

not by police, not by illegal guns, not by gang violence.

so, the landscape is changing. how will lobbyists adjust?

what do the gun lobby members want for their buck?

Guilty until proven innocent. They hope they can bankrupt the NRA before innocence is proven.
Posted By: Gus Re: FOX on NRA's LaPierre: - 08/21/19
in the ebb & flow of conflicting & competing ideologies, we're seeing how far down the [bleep] the gun owners have slid.

that is, these discussions shouldn't even be an issue. we should be standing on our haunches.

but no, we're in a type of internal civil war. the enemy, if there is one, sees our weakness.

we've got to get organized, and put up a solid front. this subject ain't about big business.

And send a message to all the other less powerful gun rights groups. If we can take down the NRA, think what we can do to you!

I’m not telling you that I’m pleased with everything they do, that you should be, or that you should even support them. Do as you like. I’m just telling you what’s going to happen.
lol You're not answering my questions. Your posts are indistinguishable from somebody who is supporting these things or gloating about them because they fancy themselves proven correct. I don't remember you making any prognostications on this score though. Secondly, you're not telling anybody anything, you're making at best, an educated guess. The old saying, "your guess is as good as mine", comes into play.

You certainly sound as if you support LaPierre staying at the helm so he can fight essentially, personal legal battles against the state of New York, with public funds. IF the NRA is brought down, this will be the exact reason why and members will have nobody to blame but themselves, first for swallowing the NRA Koolaid and secondly for not policing their organization adequately.

The first order of business in policing them, would be to get leaders in there who are totally dedicated to defending the 2nd Amendment as opposed to compromising whilst lining their own pockets. This stuff didn't happen overnight. At least several members here have been talking about it for years and for the most part, were vilified by the rank-and-file. This is still happening although some 'fire members have seen the light.

And send a message to all the other less powerful gun rights groups. If we can take down the NRA, think what we can do to you!
The message sent back could be that we won against all your money on Heller and we'll do it again, especially since we are actually dedicated to gun rights as opposed to gun control and also because we have leaders who are trying to further the rights of gun owners as opposed to lining their own pockets with organization funds and then breaking said organization financially defending themselves against criminal activities.
Posted By: rainshot Re: FOX on NRA's LaPierre: - 08/21/19
The State of New York is going to sue anyone it can think of that's in the NRA. We play into their hands when we openly quibble. This should have been handled in house.
Over the years the NRA has capitulated far too much to the gun grabbers and I fear they will again in the future. As far as I'm concerned WLP should have stepped down the moment after he sided with the bump stock banners.

NO QUARTER!!

The message sent back could be that we won against all your money on Heller and we'll do it again, especially since we are actually dedicated to gun rights as opposed to gun control and also because we have leaders who are trying to further the rights of gun owners as opposed to lining their own pockets with organization funds and then breaking said organization financially defending themselves against criminal activities.

Then people better get out their wallets and start donating. They won't be sending many messages and funding many senate elections pulling in 3-4 million annually.
Posted By: watch4bear Re: FOX on NRA's LaPierre: - 08/21/19
The pearl clutching intensifies grin
Posted By: Hastings Re: FOX on NRA's LaPierre: - 08/22/19
AMEN!
Posted By: rem141r Re: FOX on NRA's LaPierre: - 08/22/19
outta be a matter of public record. they ought to open their books and lets see where the money goes. they are getting close to losing me as a member if this clown doesn't go. big threat but i know a lot of long time members who feel the same way.
© 24hourcampfire