Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
So, what's the solution, JoeBob?

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

GB1

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by RiverRider

I don’t think there is one. The NRA is on a death ride. I think it’s done. Our country isn’t really set up to survive such an intensely partisan environment where naked politics without the restraint of morality, ethics, or allegiance to constitutional values prevails over everything.

Last edited by JoeBob; 08/21/19.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

This is the $64M question...

FJB & FJT
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Let us know when the Sky hits your tinfoil hat.

This is exactly what the present NRA leadership wants you to believe.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Dark picture for sure.

I've been predicting civil war for 20 years. I don't see any way to avoid it, or some kind of realignment of the States---if we should be so fortunate.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 700LH

Not much on foresight, are ya?

Don't be the darkness.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J

Let us know when you wake the frick up, come out from under your rock, and see what is being done in this country right in front of your nose.

They just tried to, and nearly did, take down the president of the United States with a completely made up horse schit scheme and you say that it is tinfoil hat territory to believe that the NRA will be politically targeted?

Just shuffle on off to the retirement home. The America you think that you know doesn’t exist anymore if it ever did.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by JoeBob

I don’t think there is one. The NRA is on a death ride. I think it’s done. Our country isn’t really set up to survive such an intensely partisan environment where naked politics without the restraint of morality, ethics, or allegiance to constitutional values prevails over everything.

Sure there is...

[Linked Image]

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jorgeI

Sure there is...

[Linked Image]

Bump for the Greatest Helicopter Tour Operator Ever!

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Not much on foresight, are ya?

I don't see the NRA falling into a dark abyss I see a bright light at the end of a dark tunnel..

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You'd make a lot of folks feel better if you can explain how that comes to pass.

Don't be the darkness.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
This discussion boils down to basics: WLP and the BOD did some [bleep] that is unethical in the extreme, and they have not played their cards right. Now they are bringing down the NRA.

What you old Boomers can't grasp is that THIS IS A GOOD THING. All the NRA has been doing is playing ball with the gun grabbers and living high on the hog from your support.

Lobbying groups can and have held sway in DC, but as has been noted, that political paradigm is over. And I hate to tell you this, but the money is fake, has been fake for over a century, and is currently being counterfeited by a private entity to hand out to its friends. That is why this battle was never about lobbying.

I'll keep on saying it: YOU PROTECT AND DEFEND AND ASSERT YOUR RIGHTS. There is no group, no lobby, no government entity that ever has, or ever will, do this for you.

Stop pretending that reality does not exist. It isn't helping.

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You'd make a lot of folks feel better if you can explain how that comes to pass.

New honest leadership strong on 2nd A. rights and open financials,

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by HuntnShoot
This discussion boils down to basics: WLP and the BOD did some [bleep] that is unethical in the extreme, and they have not played their cards right. Now they are bringing down the NRA.

What you old Boomers can't grasp is that THIS IS A GOOD THING. All the NRA has been doing is playing ball with the gun grabbers and living high on the hog from your support.

Lobbying groups can and have held sway in DC, but as has been noted, that political paradigm is over. And I hate to tell you this, but the money is fake, has been fake for over a century, and is currently being counterfeited by a private entity to hand out to its friends. That is why this battle was never about lobbying.

I'll keep on saying it: YOU PROTECT AND DEFEND AND ASSERT YOUR RIGHTS. There is no group, no lobby, no government entity that ever has, or ever will, do this for you.

Stop pretending that reality does not exist. It isn't helping.

Without the NRA we are doomed. With the NRA we will continue the good fight.

2020 looking good.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The NRA is distinctly compromised with WLP, but they maintain an air of fear among many because of their history of very effective hit piece ads. This will pass and the NRA will continue. But the sooner WLP leaves the stage the sooner it will fade into vague memories.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
And none of this is to say that LaPierre hasn’t done bad stuff...unethical, maybe even technically illegal. But he really isn’t doing anything that every CEO of these nonprofits and foundations are doing. And frankly, money wise, the NRA is small potatoes compared to many of them. But the reasons it and LaPierre are being targeted have nothing to do with alleged misdeeds, they are purely political.

Money has never been the reason the NRA was powerful. It really doesn’t have that much. A guy like Bloomberg could write a check for several years of NRA operating expenses and never miss it at all.
Does the NRA still have the video up supporting Red Flag Laws?

What if all that money that does no good were suddenly transferred to an organization that actually stands up for gun owner's rights, such as GOA?

If the NRA would stop supporting gun control and having anti-gun folks at the helm, they would get more support.

Don’t worry, GOA will get it’s turn in the barrel as soon as they are done with the NRA.
That's speculation and doesn't answer any of the three questions directed your way.

The NRA has been losing support of the "no compromise" portion of the membership for years. This latest scandal may or may not make that worse. The hardcore 2nd Amendment types I'd guess are a lot like myself...the main thing they want from the NRA is opposition to ALL gun control. The shenanigans of LaPierre and others are nothing compared to the damage done from stuff like the Red Flag video.

So y'all can whine all you want, but smart and serious gun owners give money to organizations that oppose gun control, not support or even advocate it.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
And none of this is to say that LaPierre hasn’t done bad stuff...unethical, maybe even technically illegal. But he really isn’t doing anything that every CEO of these nonprofits and foundations are doing. And frankly, money wise, the NRA is small potatoes compared to many of them. But the reasons it and LaPierre are being targeted have nothing to do with alleged misdeeds, they are purely political.

Money has never been the reason the NRA was powerful. It really doesn’t have that much. A guy like Bloomberg could write a check for several years of NRA operating expenses and never miss it at all.
Does the NRA still have the video up supporting Red Flag Laws?

What if all that money that does no good were suddenly transferred to an organization that actually stands up for gun owner's rights, such as GOA?

If the NRA would stop supporting gun control and having anti-gun folks at the helm, they would get more support.

Don’t worry, GOA will get it’s turn in the barrel as soon as they are done with the NRA.
That's speculation and doesn't answer any of the three questions directed your way.

The NRA has been losing support of the "no compromise" portion of the membership for years. This latest scandal may or may not make that worse. The hardcore 2nd Amendment types I'd guess are a lot like myself...the main thing they want from the NRA is opposition to ALL gun control. The shenanigans of LaPierre and others are nothing compared to the damage done from stuff like the Red Flag video.

So y'all can whine all you want, but smart and serious gun owners give money to organizations that oppose gun control, not support or even advocate it.

I’m not telling you that I’m pleased with everything they do, that you should be, or that you should even support them. Do as you like. I’m just telling you what’s going to happen.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The NRA is far from dead and will pull through this mess and be even stronger - but not without some serious clean up. They are under new kinds of attacks and this is a tough time for the NRA, mainly because the BOD has not been strongly focused on the correct core values and most important efforts for the organization. Whatever W. .LaPierre has been doing is not new or much different than in the past, and the BOD probably has not paid enough attention to that in the overall sense, but that is not the major issue. He is a convenient target right now.and will need to be gone. That will happen in due time.

As for the BOD drift - due mainly to laxity? Maybe. Dissension and competing interests among Board members ? Probably. Is there a need to re-focus on core values and efforts? Absolutely yes.

Don't think for a moment that the attacks and pressures on the NRA are the "same old stuff" from the past - not so - this is a new political game by the opponents and it is difficult. The reworked NRA BOD has to be a bunch more serious and focused on our needs. . It is my view that the NRA is the very best hope for future protection of our 2nd Amendment rights. I do not disparage those who disagree, but would like to see and understand their proposed better solution. For those who are inclined to cut and run, no longer support the NRA and do something else - now is a near-perfect opportunity. This is no time to be distracted by the small stuff.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
It’s lawfare. And on the state levels it can be devastating. New York is a one party state. It has resources indistinguishable from the federal government as far as being able to prosecute a case like this.

This goes beyond the NRA. If political prosecutions become the norm, it changes the way things are done everywhere.

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
it's fair to say that money flowed like wine to many washington dc lobby groups, not just the nra.

but money coming in faster than it can be spent is a powerful aphrodisiac so to speak.

now, some real challenges are on the horizon. the city folks are organizing.

and by that, i mean mom's who don't want their sons shot dead.

not by police, not by illegal guns, not by gang violence.

so, the landscape is changing. how will lobbyists adjust?

what do the gun lobby members want for their buck?

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

479 members (260Remguy, 1_deuce, 260madman, 280shooter, 1minute, 160user, 55 invisible), 2,517 guests, and 1,289 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,856
Posts18,478,531
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.