Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
A lighter topic than your father's death. Our first daughter was born 6 July 1969. She has a family of her own now, twins, 21 years old. Son, and daughter.
We baled hay that Saturday, It was a hot, she was born in the wee hours Sunday morning, then rain for a few days
I had the hired summer help in the garden pickin' peas, and beans, as the wife could not do it! laugh

Remember the days? smile

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
GB1

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Oldest was born September 22, 1973, has a14 and a 7 year old boys. Thunderstorms that day, nice rainbow that afternoon. Named her April Nicole

Last edited by hanco; 08/19/19.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Oldest (daughter) was born June 23, 2006. Youngest (son) was born June 23, 2006 - 2 minutes later.

Would've loved a couple more.

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Like it was last week. 2 glorious days nearly 2 years apart.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
All too well

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
December 2, 1980 - the wife woke me up and said that it was time to go, water broke. 2:00 A.M. Wife realized that we had no picture of her in expanded form. Picture taken against wood-paneled wall. Out door. Snowstorm. 35 miles to Cedar Rapids on U.S. 30. Hard to see road. Got behind a semi and followed his tail lights to CR. Ensconced in delivery room. Doctor comes in and examines wife. Gently points out that water is not broken; just rolled over on bladder and wet self. Wife dressed and back out the door. Dawn breaking, snowstorm over, bright pink glow. Drive back home. Deposit wife in house and hurry to school. As morning progresses, extreme weariness sets in from lack of sleep and nervous tension of the night. Call down to the office and ask secretary if she can get someone to come in for me so that I can leave at noon. 20 minutes later, special ed. teacher comes running into my room and says that I need to get home, she'll take over. Seems that this is the real thing. Return trip to CR. Wife into delivery room, bitching about the cold table and asking if she couldn't get some blankets. Short but intense period of exertion, all that LaMaze BS about breathing out the window. Husband standing around being totally useless (this to continue for years to come). Eventual appearance of son. Everyone fine.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My older daughter was born on Monday after duck season opener. Then the kid stayed in neonatal ICU for a couple weeks. Wife was focused on the kid, Bill Clinton had passed FMLA several years previously so I hunted ducks like mad for 3 weeks. It was awesome. I had to go back to work to rest up.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Daughter was born the 6th of January 2009.

It was a dang tough winter. The County snow plow man came out every day to plow the road.

He came right in the driveway, even though the half mile into our place is private.

He probably could have gotten in trouble for that.

By being born on the 6th, we had to start a new deductible of 10,000!

She is still working it off.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I went to Krispy Kreme while she was in a labor at 10-12 centimeters?? Fugg if i know...

I seen that Hot Donuts neon glowing down on West End in Nashville

Had to bounce ouwt!!!

Came back and the magic was finished.

Boy she was pissed at me. They finishin up scooping out the galaxy goop.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
She was already mad at me cause her water broke the nhht before opening morn of Tn archery deer.

I asked if she could just chill wit dat sheyott till at least Sunday.

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
... He came right in the driveway, even though the half mile into our place is private. He probably could have gotten in trouble for that...

Serve the pervert right.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Our second one, 9lb boy.

She squeezed him out on a Friday was back to work 3 days later Monday morn.

The rice patty ain't gonna plant itself. We ain't Unicef

None of that wimpy caesarian crap.

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Oldest came 7 weeks early back in 1997. I cried happy tears uncontrolably. We waited 12 years to have our first child.

She spent a couple weeks in the neunatal intensive care unit. Brought her home weighing 4 pounds 7 ounces. She's in college now on her way getting a Masters in Nursing.

"Successful is leaving something in better shape than you inherited it in. Keep that in mind, son." Dad
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
August 20, 1983 birthdate. Wife was so close to due date that I was going to take her with me while I cut firewood since she had no way of contacting me in the pre cell phone days. As she was walking to the truck, her water broke. Change of plans as we headed to the hospital which was over an hour away. Could have taken my time as she was in labor 26 hours. When son finally got here, the staff grabbed him and left the room with him thinking he was in distress. Turned out he was just as tired as his mom from the labor. Life changed for us forever. Being a parent is worth the worry.

Last edited by LeonHitchcox; 08/19/19. Reason: spelling
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
1995 in Aschaffenburg, Germany. We had a mid-wife who was barking orders at me in German - my German sucked and her English was worse, but we figured it out. When he popped out she turned as if to hand him to me. I backed up and waved her off, saying, "Whoa, clean that thing up first!"

D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
Feb 28, 91. When the first sergeant told me, I thought he was trying to be funny cause it was two weeks before the due date. Then the S-1 handed me the Red cross note. Walked on a cloud all day. Finally saw him three months later.

I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Sept 1, 1983. Momma woke me up about 02:30, said it is time to go. At the time we lived only a couple miles from the hospital. I asked "How close are the pains?"
She said "Four, five minutes."
Me: "I am taking a shower."
Her: "WTF"
Me: "We have lots of time."

We hit the hospital at about 03:15 with pains at three to four minutes.
About an hour later I was sitting beside her right knee holding her hand while she reclined in the labor room. The OB was sitting beside her left knee as our son began to crown.

The hospital had a policy that no Dads were allowed at delivery without Le Maz classes. An idea at which I scoffed........loudly.

The OB was fully aware that we had not done Le Maz. As the baby crowned, Doc turned and asked me "Are you going to be okay in here."

I looked him dead in the eye and replied, "DAMNIT, I forgot the balin' twines!"
He looked back with a puzzled expression "What?"
Me: "To tie around the little sucker's feet and drag him out of there."
Doc got a wry smile and said: "Yeah, you'll be okay."

About five minutes later we had a squalling baby boy in our arms.

Momma still does not see the humor of the event the way I do.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Went to a wedding on Saturday and the reception following. My bride was 2 weeks overdue and very uncomfortable so we left the reception early so she could get some rest. On the way home she informed me that she had been in labor since about 11 AM. About 11 PM things started getting a bit more serious so we headed to the hospital. Then things slowed down again. Our son was born at 3:00 PM on Sunday, Dec 19, 1976, 9 lbs 4 oz, after about 28 hours of labor. Missed the entire 4th quarter of the Packers game and I didn't care . . .

Someday I hope to be the person my dogs think I am . . .
The only true cost of having a dog is its death.
Someone once said "a nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves."
Shiloh Sharps . . . there is no substitute.
NRA Endowment Member
E
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
E
11/16/13 my first born was brought into this world right as "The Prayer of Jordan - Hare" took place and Auburn beat UGA in the final seconds.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Great day that was! smile

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

452 members (16penny, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 11point, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugeman, 60 invisible), 2,695 guests, and 1,263 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,386
Posts18,469,642
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.