Campfire 'Bwana
25-30k per set, never have a flat.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by SamOlson
25-30k per set, never have a flat.

[Linked Image]

I guess them ain’t the highway to Walmart tires.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
BTW, how often you rotate?

Lol

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Triggernosis
Does anyone have any recommendations for all-season light truck tires (Chevy Colorado) other than Michelin. Mostly highway, so quietness is important - some medium duty towing, and only a little offroad, which consists of farm paths and field edges.
I have Michelin Defenders on my Colorado now - just looking to see what else might be out there.
IME no tires compare to Michelin LT's. Goodyear Wrangler LT's come close though. That's what I'd be running if I didn't have Michelin's.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Yeah right.......grin

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hankook Dynapro A/T M

We run them on our patrol vehicles.

Not so much a trail tire as they are a more aggressive road tire. They channel water well, excellent on snow and fair on ice. But our public works apes polish the roads down to a mirror gloss when there's a dusting of snow, so I think they'd do better on ice that was left alone.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Yeah right.......grin

Guy I used to farm hand for was a big COOP tire fan. For a couple years he was on the bandwagon buying Triangles. No idea where they came from but the COOP had them and cheap. About the only marking on them was Triangle and the size.

Running gravel roads and feeding with the bail beds we’d get 8-9, sometimes 10k out of a set before they were ate up. Plumb pitiful, but they were cheap!

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by badger

Holy dognutz! 100k on a set of truck tires? And you think any other brand is going to do better?

Actually, 110,075 miles currently, with more to go. NO, I don't think another brand is going to get better gas mileage, but I've had enough of that "womp-womp-womp" since 50K miles.
............................I am running the Michelin Defender LTX 275/60-20 on my 2015 Ram. So far so good. 32K miles on 'em now and a little less than half worn.

With regards to your womp,,,womp,,,womp that you have been experiencing the last 60K miles....

To determine if this womp, womp, womp noise you are getting is coming from the tires, I suggest if not done already, that you take the palms of your hands and feel all 4 tires for any high/low spots on the tread. You are looking for any tread seperations such as a bulge of some kind.

The next thing you want to check, is for any tread block scalloping or feathering. If there is and bad enough, then this wear pattern will give you a continuous snow tire type humming noise but not a womp, womp, womp. If there is scalloping or feathering of the individual tread blocks then rotate asap and REVERSE the direction of rotation (switch sides). This will change the wear pattern and force the raised section of the tread blocks to smooth out. Regardless of tire brand, keeping tires on the same side for too long will cause scalloping or feathering.....The ONLY tires you cannot swap sides are the UNI-directional tires. I rotate my tires every 8K miles using a figure 8 pattern.....X pattern,,,, then side to side,,,,X pattern,.... then side to side (LF to RF, RF to LF, same for the rears). Been doing it that way for decades and my tires always remain smooth keeping them nice and quiet for the duration of tread life.

IF your tires are all nice and smooth with no high low spots or scalloping or feathering of any kind, then your womp, womp, womp issue more than likely is not with the tires. You could have a bad wheel hub bearing or bearings on one or more wheels.

My truck OE tires were the Bridgestone Alenzas. A damn good tire. However from my experience, the Michelin Defender LTXs are a bit quieter and a little smoother (same air pressure) when changing lanes and running over the mound titties. When looking at the specs the Michelins are about 7 lbs lighter per tire than the OE Alenzas in my size. Therefore a reduction of rotating weight. I get slightly better gas mileage with the Michelins.

Also suggest you go to tirerack.com and take a look see. They have a good variety.

28 Nosler,,,,300WSM,,,,338-378 Wby,,,,375 Ruger

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by PPosey
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Yokohama

Yep, better on my tundra than a comparable Michelin

Like Sam said, never had a flat with the Yokohamas.

I bought 2 sets from TireRack.com. Then I found seller "tire508" on ebay, which is TCI, Inc, a tire company that's been in business for 40 years.. Their prices beat TireRack.com. I called a couple of their stores and talked to mgrs to make sure they were legit.

You get mileage credits with Yokohama too, if they don't last until the mileage guarantee is met. I got credits with both sets I bought from TireRack.com. Never tested TCI, Inc because I just sold the truck with the Yokohamas on it and there was plenty of tread left.

When my new 4Runner needs new rubber, I'll be looking at them again.

Last edited by local_dirt; 08/20/19.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I have had good performance from TOYO brand

Sam......

IC B3

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Does anyone have any recommendations for all-season light truck tires (Chevy Colorado) other than Michelin. Mostly highway, so quietness is important - some medium duty towing, and only a little offroad, which consists of farm paths and field edges.
I have Michelin Defenders on my Colorado now - just looking to see what else might be out there.

I was not crazy about the Michelin Defenders either BUT loved the Michelin LTX M/S2! I ran 4 set over the 350k I put on my Dodge 4x4.

Ted
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Triggernosis, Check out reviews at the link below. Just type in vehicle type etc and see what type they have. There's all kinds of reviews for F150'S, Colorados etc. Some specific to your vehicle. Don't be surprised if Michelins are at the top. For 4wd I rotate tires every time I change the oil. The last set of defenders I put on my F150 got 85k the only reason I replaced them was Michelin had a 4 for 2 sale. Perelli's wear like iron too but its takes them a while to wake up on cold mornings.

https://www.tiresdirect.net/

Check this one easier reviews

https://www.discounttire.com/

Good luck and shoot straight y'all

Last edited by scottishkat; 08/20/19.
S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
I'm runnin Michelin's on the Runner and the nomenclature indicates, "X RADIAL LT 2"...but they're not LT's...I called the mfg and told them that was a tad confusing, given the fact that real LT's need at least 10+ psi greater than passenger tires... shocked

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
The OEM Michelin from Toyota are NOT the better Michelin you can buy.
Neither are the OEM Goodyears on the Chevrolet All Star Editions.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I run 265/65/18 Kuhmo AT 51 get 45-60 k miles out of them on my Chevy Z71 and I haul an RV often. Quieter than most an great mud snow traction $146.00 a tire off Amazon

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by WTM45
The OEM Michelin from Toyota are NOT the better Michelin you can buy.
Neither are the OEM Goodyears on the Chevrolet All Star Editions.

The Michelin LTX AT tires on my Tundra were not typical Michelin grade. I had to have the passenger front tire replaced at 3k, I was not impressed by them at all

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
At 20K I canned the OEM's on my Tundra. They were crap.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I have had Michelin in the past and liked them alot. I replaced a set of Michelin with Kumho Crugen last year. I have about 20k on them now. Like the quiet and the grip, unknown if they will last as long as the prior Michelin's. I paid about 120 from Walmart and had them put on there as well. Total cost about $525 for the set, installed.

"Miss Jean Louise, stand up. Your father's passin.'"
S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
The mentioned tires are probably the third set on my Runner, and they are fantastic. Not having bought a new Runner, can't compare to ones out of the showroom.

S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
There's nothing worse than getting new tires and having to listen to the road off of them. BTDT, never an issue with high dollar Michelins.

Last edited by sse; 08/20/19.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

521 members (222Sako, 2500HD, 10Glocks, 219 Wasp, 21, 1minute, 52 invisible), 2,401 guests, and 1,201 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,432
Posts18,489,316
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.